Permissions failing

Merijeek

"You require permission from UNRAID\root to make changes to this file".

So far as I've noticed, this only happens when it's a file that was written by binhex's DelugeVPN.

If I go under Tools and New Permissions, and let that run, it'll eventually fix it, and I'm good. But this is a regular reoccurring problem.

Anyone have a suggestion on how to fix it?

Ah, right. Well, I tried that but could never get it to talk correctly to DelugeVPN. Which was annoying, but I managed to survive my disappointment.

So, it's not like I see an option in the docker setup as to how to set default file permissions. So, how can I accomplish that?

Ah, right. Well, I tried that but could never get it to talk correctly to DelugeVPN. Which was annoying, but I managed to survive my disappointment.

So, it's not like I see an option in the docker setup as to how to set default file permissions. So, how can I accomplish that?

What other dockers are you running? I don't think the problem is with delugevpn

No, some are just torrents I've manually retrieved with DelugeVPN.

I have noticed, FWIW (probably not much) that stuff that Sickrage is responsible for is successfully getting moved automatically from the download folder and to the appropriate Sickrage library folder with no issues.

No, some are just torrents I've manually retrieved with DelugeVPN.

I have noticed, FWIW (probably not much) that stuff that Sickrage is responsible for is successfully getting moved automatically from the download folder and to the appropriate Sickrage library folder with no issues.

Are you sure the downloads are complete then you try to change the file? You can not edit them if they are in use.

Yes, definitely complete and no torrent has been deleted out of DelugeVPN.

Keep in mind the error isn't a file in use error, it's a lack of permissions error.

The error message suggests the possibility that the process that created the file was running as root. User applications shouldn't run as root but by as either a registered user or the user nobody.

OK, so, here's what I get.

A file that was downloaded via DelugeVPN (but not involving Sickrage):

notwork.jpg

However, from a Windows machine I can copy the folder, and when I do I can do whatever I want with it, and the permissions are:

works.jpg

So, clearly what we're looking at is that root is the owner when I'm using DeluveVPN-not-Sickrage. But I don't have any idea how to get around that.

Archived