bliss - automatic album artwork finder Plugin/Docker Availability?

Hi,

I am a long-time user/supporter of bliss (blisshq.com) and since building my unRAID server I have been slowly migrating the things I do onto it.  I have most programs running nicely now but would love to run bliss, is this something anyone is looking at or should I start searching for alternative methods?

Many Thanks

Hi, not sure where to ask but I have a small problem and 2 questions regarding this docker and wondered if you can help?

1, when bliss works it's magic and renames the folders & files it is also changing the ownership to root which is stopping me from being able to move the folders to their final destination folder via Windows, is there a way to stop this or some way to allow Windows access to moving the files?

2, the bliss build is relatively old and updating from within bliss doesn't seem to work? am I reliant on the version in the github and not able to update any other way?

Many thanks in advance, sorry if these are noob questions but I am a noob ;-)

• 2 weeks later...

Many Thanks for the reply, unfortunately there is no jar file in the /config folder...

There is a possibility to update the program within itself by clicking update which caused the container to crash & I re-installed, however I tried it again today and it worked! now running on the latest version :-)

Many Thanks

• 9 months later...

Wow, late to this thread but yeah, I created and still maintain a docker for bliss and the template provided in this thread is correct. 

I did update it a few months ago to work correctly with file permissions.  I pushed a new version yesterday actually.

I should probably ping squid to get it added to community applications as I have been using it for almost 6 months with no issues.

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 5 months later...

I know this is old but your docker @gshipley was working well until this week? but now it is not able to move files it renames any longer? I end up with a directory created by bliss but with 0 byte mp3 files in it and the original file still sitting in the input location?  I have deleted the docker and re-installed several times..

[2018-08-01 01:47:20] Found existing user "root" with the proper user ID and group ID. Skipping creation of user and group...
[2018-08-01 01:47:20] Running command as user "root"...
No existing installation in /root/.bliss/code. Will install from /bliss/lib
bliss version: 20180516
bliss has started at http://localhost:3220

2018-08-01 01:53:12,854 [ERROR] Failed to move JaudioTaggerStorageNode[full id=file:/input/Stay%20On%20These%20Roads/01%20-%20A-ha%20-%20Stay%20On%20These%20Roads.mp3,root=/input] to JaudioTaggerStorageNode[full id=file:/input/A-ha/Stay%20On%20These%20Roads/01-%20-%20A-ha%20-%20Stay_On_These_Roads.mp3,root=/input] (ImmediateFilesystemAccess.java:34, thread policy pool 0 [01-08_01:53])
java.io.IOException: No such device
at sun.nio.ch.FileChannelImpl.map0(Native Method)
at sun.nio.ch.FileChannelImpl.map(FileChannelImpl.java:926)
at sun.nio.ch.FileChannelImpl.transferFromFileChannel(FileChannelImpl.java:634)
at sun.nio.ch.FileChannelImpl.transferFrom(FileChannelImpl.java:708)
at org.apache.commons.io.FileUtils.doCopyFile(FileUtils.java:1077)
at org.apache.commons.io.FileUtils.copyFile(FileUtils.java:1021)
at org.apache.commons.io.FileUtils.copyFile(FileUtils.java:968)
at org.apache.commons.io.FileUtils.moveFile(FileUtils.java:2575)
at com.elsten.bliss.platform.storage.file.util.FileStorageNode.moveTo(FileStorageNode.java:198)
at com.elsten.bliss.platform.storage.file.util.ImmediateFilesystemAccess.move(ImmediateFilesystemAccess.java:29)
at com.elsten.bliss.platform.storage.file.util.ThrottledFilesystemAccess.move(ThrottledFilesystemAccess.java:36)
at com.elsten.bliss.platform.storage.file.util.SingleThreadedFileSystemAccess.move(SingleThreadedFileSystemAccess.java:30)
at com.elsten.bliss.music.conceptual.model.MoveAlbumCallable.doMove(MoveAlbumCallable.java:41)
at com.elsten.bliss.music.conceptual.model.PlatformAlbumMapperImpl$MoveAlbumAndInformPlatformCallable.call(PlatformAlbumMapperImpl.java:398)
at com.elsten.bliss.music.conceptual.model.PlatformAlbumMapperImpl$MoveAlbumAndInformPlatformCallable.call(PlatformAlbumMapperImpl.java:384)
at com.elsten.bliss.music.conceptual.model.ChangeOnlyAlbumMapper.submit(ChangeOnlyAlbumMapper.java:213)
at com.elsten.bliss.music.conceptual.model.ChangeOnlyAlbumMapper.moveAlbum(ChangeOnlyAlbumMapper.java:227)
at com.elsten.bliss.music.policy.fileorg.AggregatedFilePathResponse.execute(AggregatedFilePathResponse.java:89)
at com.elsten.bliss.music.policy.ToleranceAutomaticFixerPolicyCommand.execute(ToleranceAutomaticFixerPolicyCommand.java:77)
at com.elsten.bliss.music.conceptual.model.AggregatedPolicyCommand.executeChildPolicy(AggregatedPolicyCommand.java:57)
at com.elsten.bliss.music.conceptual.model.AggregatedPolicyCommand.execute(AggregatedPolicyCommand.java:42)
at com.elsten.bliss.music.conceptual.model.AlbumComplianceUpdate.execute(AlbumComplianceUpdate.java:70)
at com.elsten.bliss.music.conceptual.model.ExclusiveAlbumMusicModelListener$ExclusiveComplianceUpdate.execute(ExclusiveAlbumMusicModelListener.java:125)
at com.elsten.bliss.music.policy2.PerFixLicensedPolicyCommandExecutor.executeCommand(PerFixLicensedPolicyCommandExecutor.java:127)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498)
at com.google.inject.internal.DelegatingInvocationHandler.invoke(DelegatingInvocationHandler.java:50)
at com.sun.proxy.$Proxy11.executeCommand(Unknown Source)
at com.elsten.bliss.music.policy2.InMemoryMusicPolicyDistributor.albumUpdated(InMemoryMusicPolicyDistributor.java:61)
at com.elsten.bliss.music.policy2.PersistedActivationMusicPolicyDistributor.albumUpdated(PersistedActivationMusicPolicyDistributor.java:110)
at com.elsten.bliss.music.conceptual.model.ThreadedMusicModelListener$2.run(ThreadedMusicModelListener.java:100)
at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:511)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1142)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:617)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

• 8 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I installed this yesterday and after a few hiccups am now scanning my music dir. on the server.

Here are some screenshots of my docker. Had to edit the music dir to show absolute valve of where it was. So putting i my lan address where all my user shares are shown worked. This does work.

bliss.jpg

bliss2.jpg

bliss3.jpg

bliss4.jpg

Edited by Harro
spacing
  • 5 months later...

Has anyone had any luck with this lately? I installed the trial on my PC and really like it and bought some extra fixes but would love to migrate this to my Unraid server. I tried installing the docker manually but have never installed a docker that was in the Community Applications and when I launch the WebUI I get an error and so I guess something isn't correct. Any tips would be appreciated. 

Sorry I cannot help you but just to let you know I have an unlimited fixes sub with bliss and although it is great & Dan (The creator) is very helpful I find it does not manage large libraries very well.  I spent a lot of time trying to get bliss to work reliably on unRAID but ended up using the beets docker to feed lidarr and never looked back! hope this helps in some way.

• 4 months later...