withdrawn

A very slick package. Thanks for putting in so much effort. I have a (silly) question. I am using a directory on my cache disk for everything rtorrent. It appears that the cache disk won't spin down despite there not being any active torrents; no torrent files whatsoever. When checking with lsof /mnt/cache, there's no output, which I interpret as there not being any open files that would keep unRAID from spinning down the disk. The same happened to me when I was using bubbaRAID 4.4.2. Any ideas a) why this would be the case, b) how to determine what keeps the disk from spinning down, and c) whether this problem can be "fixed"?

I don't use cache disk, so I don't know if unRAID even bothers spinning the cache disk down.

Personally, I just shut down UnTorrent when I'm not using it.

But if you want to investigate this, just issue a sleep command to your cache disk:

hdparm -y /dev/YOURCACHEDISK

If the disks spins up right away, then something (rtorrent?) is using it.

If the disks stays asleep, then it would mean that unRAID doesn't put the cache disk to sleep.

Purko

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks purko for all your hard work.

Installed untorrent-2.8.5.full-i486-1pur.tgz

I have unmenu Unraid-web and untorrent all working together. Am I right in thinking that the Personal Webserver Setup tab cannot be used on the unRaid-web web page because rtorrent is using that setting?

In the file /boot/config/rc.local_shutdown

I had to change the line: unTorrent stop

to: untorrent stop

Thanks again

Reed

Am I right in thinking that the Personal Webserver Setup tab cannot be used on the unRaid-web web page because rtorrent is using that setting?

UnTorrent doesn't mess with your unRaid-web settings, nor is it using them for anything.

If unTorrent detects unRaid-web files on your flash key, then unTorrent just leaves them alone.

In the file /boot/config/rc.local_shutdown

I had to change the line: unTorrent stop  to: untorrent stop

Oh! Thanks for catching that!  I'll change it in the next build.

Purko

• 2 weeks later...

How to set RSS updateInterval?

I have looked at the rss plugin wiki, and found:

Additional plug-in adjustment

Should be done in the file plugins/rss/rssconf.php.

$updateInterval - the variable sets the time interval between synchronizations of RSS feeds with their local copies (in minutes). By default - 30 minutes.

$isAutoStart - the variable defines how the plug-in work starts. If it is set to "true", the command to the rTorrent scheduler will be sent on ruTorrent first start. Otherwise the scheduler needs to be activated independently. To do this, the following string should be added into the rTorrent configuration file:

schedule = rss,0,00:30:00,"execute={sh,-c,php full_path_to_plugin/update.php& exit 0}"

where full_path_to_plugin - is a full path to the RSS plug-in.

But it doesn't help me.  ???

How to set RSS updateInterval?

I have looked at the rss plugin wiki, and found:

Additional plug-in adjustment

Should be done in the file plugins/rss/rssconf.php.

$updateInterval - the variable sets the time interval between synchronizations of RSS feeds with their local copies (in minutes). By default - 30 minutes.

$isAutoStart - the variable defines how the plug-in work starts. If it is set to "true", the command to the rTorrent scheduler will be sent on ruTorrent first start. Otherwise the scheduler needs to be activated independently. To do this, the following string should be added into the rTorrent configuration file:

schedule = rss,0,00:30:00,"execute={sh,-c,php full_path_to_plugin/update.php& exit 0}"

where full_path_to_plugin - is a full path to the RSS plug-in.

But it doesn't help me.  ???

You shoud ask this question in the rutorrent forum:

http://forums.rutorrent.org/

Any idea why after a server reboot/power off all of my rss feeds and settings are deleted? The settings for untorrent are persistent but not for the rss plugin. Thanks.

Where does that plugin keep its settings?

Let's do this: Telnet to your server, and type this command:

find / -name "*rssconf*"

What does it output?

Where does that plugin keep its settings?

Let's do this: Telnet to your server, and type this command:

find / -name "*rssconf*"

What does it output?

Hi purko,

Here's the output:

/var/www/htdocs/rtorrent/plugins/rss/rssconf.php

And when I add an rss feed they are being placed in:

/var/www/htdocs/rtorrent/plugins/rss/cache

Here's the output:

/var/www/htdocs/rtorrent/plugins/rss/rssconf.php

And when I add an rss feed they are being placed in:

/var/www/htdocs/rtorrent/plugins/rss/cache

/var/www/htdocs/rtorrent/plugins/rss/  is in the file system which is in RAM. So obviously it will disappear upon reboot.

You could back up the stuff that's there to a real disk before reboot, and then restore it after the reboot.

Or, if I ever get around to building next version of unTorrent, I'll make the 'rssconf.php' persistent.

(I've never used the rss plugin, so I was unaware of the 'rssconf.php' issue)

Let me know if you are interested in any of the plugins listed there, and I'll make tem into unRAID packages.

It would be great if you could make unRAID packages of, PluginDataDir, Plugin_GetDir and PluginChoose.

Really great work you've done with this UnTorrent package.  :)

Second that, those would be very nice to have.

I am working on creating an unmenu plugin for the package manager so that installation and setup is a little easier.

Along with that came a need to move what was uploaded to google code.  I needed a directly link to the package so that it could be downloaded via the package manager plugin.

I'm not sure how long this package and the config option will take me to do, but once it is done and I have tested it I will upload it here so other can try it out.

Oh, the google code page is here: http://code.google.com/p/untorrent/

I am working on creating an unmenu plugin for the package manager so that installation and setup is a little easier.

Along with that came a need to move what was uploaded to google code.  I needed a directly link to the package so that it could be downloaded via the package manager plugin.

I'm not sure how long this package and the config option will take me to do, but once it is done and I have tested it I will upload it here so other can try it out.

Oh, the google code page is here: http://code.google.com/p/untorrent/

The 2.8.5 you uploaded there has quite a few bugs in it, and is overdue for update.

With google code there's no way of modifying, updating, or even removing the package. You'll quickly end up being out of date.

I am working on ... ... so that installation and setup is a little easier.

You are implying that getting the package from the first post in this thread, and typing installpkg is not easy?  :)

I've been thinking about unmenu actually, and I have some ideas that I need to work out with Joe,

so that we'll have a fixed link in unmenu, no matter how often I update the package or change its name, ot upload it to a different host.

The 2.8.5 you uploaded there has quite a few bugs in it, and is overdue for update.

With google code there's no way of modifying, updating, or even removing the package. You'll quickly end up being out of date.

I realize that the 2.8.5 package has bugs but I needed something for testing purposes.

You are implying that getting the package from the first post in this thread, and typing installpkg is not easy?  :)

Not so much that it is hard to download now. I needed a directly link to the package and google code was the easiest way to get that... and it was free.

You are implying that getting the package from the first post in this thread, and typing installpkg is not easy?  :)

Not so much that it is hard to download now. I needed a directly link to the package and google code was the easiest way to get that... and it was free.

What I meant was, if somebody knows how to install unmenu, he knows enough to install untorrent.  

But I get your point. (see my previous post about direct links)

What I meant was, if somebody knows how to install unmenu, he knows enough to install untorrent.  

But I get your point. (see my previous post about direct links)

True I suppose, but if I can "automate" it even more then even better!!

If/When you get an updated version of the full package ready to go, I will update my package manager package.

I would prefer to release a .conf file that works with a full untorrent package that is mostly correct and the newest version!!  Keep me in the loop!!

window opens in firefox but I have an error in the bottom of the window

[19.12.2009 11:39:36] WebUI started.

[19.12.2009 11:39:36] Bad link to rTorrent. Check if it is really running. Check $scgi_port and $scgi_host

settings in config.php and scgi_port in rTorrent configuration file.

[19.12.2009 11:39:37] Bad response: (500) <?xml version="1.0" encoding="iso-8859-1"?> <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC

"-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd"> <html

xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" xml:lang="en" lang="en"> <head> <title>500 - Internal Server

Error</title> </head> <body> <h1>500 - Internal Server Error</h1> </body> </html>

i browsed thru the whole topic and didnt see a response to this question...

im having this similar problem, but after some searching in the forums i found that if i manually delete the .rtorrent.rc file and do the installpkg command, the file gets recreated and everything works again. but if i reboot the server and go script runs the installpkg command, i get this error again.

still very new to unraid and linux especially, so bare with me pls.

2nd question, i saw the notes on how to use a disk that is not in the array using mount and so on a few pages back. is there a way to just tell untorrent to do all the work on the cache disk and the folders being ignored by the mover script. i saw that if u put a . in front of a directory the mover script ignores it, so i was hoping to just do that with the torrent directory. and i should be able to just change the folder location in the .rc file, but goes back to 1st question, why do i have to delete the file all the time???

Capture.JPG.f6d1e3478ec4f98e4801850e2a9bf602.JPG

I had that kind of error and I solve it adding some lines to my go script  :

#install unRUtorrent
installpkg /(...)/unRUtorrent/unto*
#sleep 10
untorrent stop
sleep 10
untorrent start

This means that you are installing the package before your array is fully started.

You can just add 'sleep 20' before the installpkg command.

I had that kind of error and I solve it adding some lines to my go script  :

#install unRUtorrent
installpkg /(...)/unRUtorrent/unto*
#sleep 10
untorrent stop
sleep 10
untorrent start

well before i even try that i can see that it would not really work, because of the /unrutorrent directory, which i do not have even if i create it what do i put in there?? the installpkg ntorrent-2.8.5.full-i486-1pur.tgz??? the pkg currently resides in /packages with all other stuff from unmenu

window opens in firefox but I have an error in the bottom of the window

[19.12.2009 11:39:36] WebUI started.

[19.12.2009 11:39:36] Bad link to rTorrent. Check if it is really running. Check $scgi_port and $scgi_host

settings in config.php and scgi_port in rTorrent configuration file.

[19.12.2009 11:39:37] Bad response: (500) <?xml version="1.0" encoding="iso-8859-1"?> <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC

"-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd"> <html

xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" xml:lang="en" lang="en"> <head> <title>500 - Internal Server

Error</title> </head> <body> <h1>500 - Internal Server Error</h1> </body> </html>

i still have this same issue, i added some lines to the go script, but still everytime it boots, i get that error and rtorrent is useless until i manually delete the .rc file and reinstall the pkg.

what am i doing wrong???

#!/bin/bash

# Start the Management Utility

/usr/local/sbin/emhttp &

echo nameserver 192.168.1.1 >/etc/resolv.conf

echo 192.168.0.102 unraid >>/etc/hosts

sleep 30

for i in /dev/md*

do

blockdev --setra 2048 $i

done

echo "/boot/unmenu/uu" | at now + 1 minute

cd /boot/packages && find . -name '*.auto_install' -type f -print | sort | xargs -n1 sh -c

sleep 30

installpkg /boot/packages/untorrent-2.8.5.full-i486-1pur.tgz

PATH=$PATH:/boot/custom/bin

cache_dirs -w -e "Backup" -d 3