Realtime Sync/Backup Options? BTSync Plugin? Is It Safe?

Hi,

I am looking for the best way to backup my media folders?

I have an HP Gen8 Microserver that I want to use to store backups of my media and need something that does real time synchronization (with file verification to newly copied files)

I am interested in BTSync but I am particularly confused as to whether or not my files are being uploaded anywhere?

Any advice/options greatly appreciated!

• 1 month later...

Sorry for bringing am old post backup. You could use something like crash plan as you can do free computer to computer backups.

But at a basic level you can just do rsync. The only worry there is verifying the backup data against the source after some time in case of bit-rot. Keeping hold of original checksums may help for that though.

Hi, I understand that but it monitors for any changes and backs them up within a timescale of my choosing and I can specify how long I want to keep the deleted/modified files for as well so best of both worlds! works perfect! :-) Am also backing up 12TB to the unlimited online storage as well so that may take a year or so :-)