Importing Pre-existing VM from Windows Hyper-v

hitman21988

I hope i got the right section for this topic.

Alright here i go. So i have two questions. I have loaded up the limtech software multi times and gotten "ok familiar" with everything. 

So when i get my windows 7 install and all activated i go to update to windows 10. Well I get a stupid error half way. So my next step in logical thinking would to be to just importing the current vm i have and save myself time in setting everything up again. I currently do not have LImetech installed and have proxmox install on the server and had success in doing the windows 10 upgrade. SO im wondering what do i need to do to convert the VM to Raw or What other VM format that Limetech will recognize?

Also side note, ive noticed when i bridge the Network it Lags out the  whole place and including internet until i shut off the server and if i restart it back up again it goes back to being laggy( nothing loads up). Anyways if anyone could be of help it would be greatly appreciated.

His post does look blank, with only 5 words, nothing else, but if you click <Quote> or <Modify>, you'll see a link to a Youtube video (shown below).  I've discovered this happening on others posts too, don't know why they display that way.  It appears that some users see the Youtube links, and others don't.  I don't myself (using Firefox).

After clicking <Quote> - (you'll see it in your own reply screen, but may or may not see it here below)

maybe this will help you

After clicking <Modify> - (same as above!)

-------------------------------------------------

maybe this will help you

-------------------------------------------------

And finally after breaking up the Youtube link, it's visible!

https://  www youtube com /watch?v=ZV4kqeD0RLk

• 1 year later...

I just did something similar with a VMDK containing a Linux image, which was even easier.

I didn't edit the XML but just selected 'SATA' instead of IDE under advanced when creating the VM (IDE was not allowed), and selected BIOS instead of the default EFI.

Archived