unRAID build for an RV - hard drive concerns?

Hi all - I'm looking to do a build that will go in to our RV (a 27FB Airstream), probably in a cabinet overhead or possibly under the dinette. Something on the smaller side, max of 8 drives I'm thinking. My concern though is that when we're driving the hard drives could be subjected to some serious rattling around. I can try to put some padding around the outside being careful to not interrupt airflow. Wondering if anyone else has experience with a build in a similar setup, thanks!

I have taken mine in our travel trailer for three years now, its handy as I seem to only camp when it rains.

Nothing is hard mounted and when travelling its wrapped up in the towels in the closet. I have lost at least one 3.5" hard drive every year. This year I bought 4x2.5" 1tb drives and will see if I have better luck.

I would also be aware that its not only the travel that could cause issues but the dust in the trailer that I found I have to clean out the server after every trip to keep from it building up.

If you have plex at home and can stream remotely some parks offer good wifi to make that an option also.

Hi all - I'm looking to do a build that will go in to our RV (a 27FB Airstream), probably in a cabinet overhead or possibly under the dinette. Something on the smaller side, max of 8 drives I'm thinking. My concern though is that when we're driving the hard drives could be subjected to some serious rattling around. I can try to put some padding around the outside being careful to not interrupt airflow. Wondering if anyone else has experience with a build in a similar setup, thanks!

There's a user called David Bott that I think uses his Unraid array in a CamperVan as we call them in the UK.  I'm sure he won't mind you sending him a PM as I remember him being rather enthusiastic on the topic and may have actually had a website or something.