4u Server Case with 8 PCI slots?

bigjme

Hi Everyone,

I've been planning to replace my massive thermaltake x9 case for a while now with a 4u server case - it is simply too large for what it is providing but my system is watercooled so i need to keep a fair size

My unraid server is mainly used for nas/gaming so as you can imagine it is fairly full pci wise, at present it has the following:

• GTX 750Ti - dual slot
  • GTX 780 - dual slot
  • GT 210 - single slot
  • 2 x USB 3 Controllers - single slots

In total i am using 7 pci slots but i am planning to get a new sas controller soon using the final pci-e slot on my Mobo but meaning that most server cases won't fit the 8 pci slots required

Does anyone know of any server cases that are able to hold this many slots without going to something that has a dedicated level just for pci-e slots?

The final plan will be to put my main system in 1 case with hdds, and have a second 4u case containing my radiators, pump, res, and have them connect externally using quick disconnects as i can not find a case able to support a 360mm fan wall in the middle as well as an e-atx mobo

Many thanks in advance, i am in the UK if that has any affect on things :)

Regards,

Jamie

Yep, my last slot has a dual gpu in it so I can use the others

I only have 3hdds at the moment but ideally would like to cater for atleast 6 with maybe some 5.25" bays for possible ssd for my cache

That case may do at a pinch but I wouldn't mind more suggestions if anyone can find any, I know I cant

That would be interesting and would allow my to in theory have 10 hotswap 3.5" drives and 4 ssd (using the internal 3.5"),  9 hdds and 12 ssds, or more of a mix if I go with other adapters

Having never really used service cases before does this case look reasonable? The only real cooling it will need to do is the hdds, psu, and the motherboard as I will be running water pipes in for the rest

My main concern is that it's so deep I doubt it would ever fit in say a 16u enclosure