USB devices: non available

Thanks for your reply. My issue goes beyond hot swapping. Even upon restarting Unraid or restarting the VM, it does not show any USB devices.

I may be missing something very obvious and there may be an easy fix to my problem. Let me elaborate what I am doing:

I stop the VM and then go into the VM settings. Then I go to "advanced", where I expected to be able to activate USB devices. Unfortunately, under USB devices, it just says "non available". Any idea what could be driving this? Or am I missing anythign / doing anything wrong?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Thanks! Not sure. Please see below. Not sure whether one of this is my harddisk attached to USB?

root@Tower:~# lsusb

Bus 002 Device 002: ID 8087:0024 Intel Corp. Integrated Rate Matching Hub

Bus 002 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub

Bus 008 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0003 Linux Foundation 3.0 root hub

Bus 007 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub

Bus 006 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0003 Linux Foundation 3.0 root hub

Bus 005 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub

Bus 001 Device 002: ID 8087:0024 Intel Corp. Integrated Rate Matching Hub

Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub

Bus 004 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0003 Linux Foundation 3.0 root hub

Bus 003 Device 002: ID 125f:c92a A-DATA Technology Co., Ltd.

Bus 003 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub

I'm not familiar with unRAID yet but it might be because the disk cannot be mounted for some reason. Have you tried using the Unnasigned disk plugin (or similar name, sorry I'm on my phone). I think it's used to mount/unmount drives separately from the array and maybe it could help or give more light about the problem

Thanks. This indeed (sortof) provides the solution. I can mount the disk with the plugin and then access the disk via SMB share on Unraid.

This is not the ideal solution as it would be much nicer to access the disk directly from the VM. I believe USB passthrough had been quite experimental so far and there were quite a few changes expected for the upcoming 6.2.0. So, probably worth to just wait for now?