Docker / Always Update Ready

Hi,

I'm not sure where the best place to post this question is, but I'm hoping this is the correct sub-forum.

I'm new to docker but I've created an image which I can deploy using the Docker section in Unraid. It installs and runs fine but it constantly says there's an upgrade ready even though I'm using the latest version from my docker hub. I'm not sure what's causing this, I've tried adding a version and date tag (as detailed in the XML schema thread), but it hasn't helped. Whilst it's not a huge issue, it would be good to ascertain what's causing the issue so any guidance would be appreciated!

Cheers.

Huxy

Untitled.png.2a19f23e8b1456d3500568da808fa389.png

There's a bug in unraid with regards to that.  6.2 squashed it a bit but some are still showing as updates always available (in particular official repositories - anything with a user of _)

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the response. I'm running 6.2 and the only docker exhibiting this issue is my own, but as it seems to be a known bug I'll not spend any more time trying to work out what's going on :)

Out of interest, do you know if the version number matters in the XML file? I wasn't able to find a clear posting detailing all the schema and the meanings of each tag. I think this would be of benefit to someone starting out as I was having to read through lengthy threads trying to gleam the information needed. If one does exist, I apologise as my search skills must suck!

There's a bug in unraid with regards to that.  6.2 squashed it a bit but some are still showing as updates always available (in particular official repositories - anything with a user of _)

Thanks for the response. I'm running 6.2 and the only docker exhibiting this issue is my own, but as it seems to be a known bug I'll not spend any more time trying to work out what's going on :)

Out of interest, do you know if the version number matters in the XML file? I wasn't able to find a clear posting detailing all the schema and the meanings of each tag. I think this would be of benefit to someone starting out as I was having to read through lengthy threads trying to gleam the information needed. If one does exist, I apologise as my search skills must suck!

Documentation is sparse on the xml.  Best way to generate is to just enter all the relevant info when adding the container in dockerMan and the save the templaye.  Just don't delete any tags.  There are additional tags which are well documented for CA use in the thread Docker XML Schema (I think in the programming sub forum)

Just wanted to say, that since I moved to automatic builds on a public repo that the updates are being detected correctly and it no longer tells me an update is available when it isn't.

So that's the same problem as official builds as none of them are automated

• 3 weeks later...

I am experiencing the same bug since beta22 (currently 23).

All containers updated/installed after an unclean shutdown are showing "update ready", which is false. Updating causes a 0kb Download in webui.

Is there any file that I have to edit to get rid of this?

My Unraid server checks for updates 4 times a day.

I am experiencing the same bug since beta22 (currently 23).

All containers updated/installed after an unclean shutdown are showing "update ready", which is false. Updating causes a 0kb Download in webui.

Is there any file that I have to edit to get rid of this?

My Unraid server checks for updates 4 times a day.

I'm still seeing similar issues. Everything was fine and then I started getting a number of containers that state there's always an update available. I too had an unclean shutdown around the time this started happening, but I don't know if this is coincidence.

• 3 months later...

I could be very wrong, but I thought I remembered that a few users with this issue fixed it the same as the "layers manifest" issue, by removing docker.img, recreating it, and re-adding your templates.  Can someone test that?

What kind of impact would that have to remove the docker.img?

• 3 months later...

Hey All,

I have been having this issue ever since I upgraded to 6.2. Since it seems to be cosmetic as much as anything else, I haven't worried about. Today, I thought I would try to fix it by removing all of my containers, stopping Docker, deleting the docker.img from the GUI, restarting the service and re-adding all of my dockers.

Unfortunately, after going through that exercise, all of my Dockers still show "update ready". If I choose to update one, it pulls nothing and still reports an update available.

I guess I didn't actually confirm that the docker.img file was deleted by the GUI action, but I also haven't been able to find confirmation on these forums of this for sure fixing it.

Does anyone have any thoughts of things I should try/look for?

Thanks!

-Landon

Hey All,

I have been having this issue ever since I upgraded to 6.2. Since it seems to be cosmetic as much as anything else, I haven't worried about. Today, I thought I would try to fix it by removing all of my containers, stopping Docker, deleting the docker.img from the GUI, restarting the service and re-adding all of my dockers.

Unfortunately, after going through that exercise, all of my Dockers still show "update ready". If I choose to update one, it pulls nothing and still reports an update available.

I guess I didn't actually confirm that the docker.img file was deleted by the GUI action, but I also haven't been able to find confirmation on these forums of this for sure fixing it.

Does anyone have any thoughts of things I should try/look for?

Thanks!

-Landon

This issue got fixed in a later version of unraid, upgrade to the latest stable and be happy.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Hmm very odd! I guess it could be related to dns but as you have successfully pulled the images down again that kind of rules that out, double check you can resolve hub.docker.com perhaps, other then that I'm stumped, it just works on my system (6.2.4).

Sent from my LG-V500 using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

I just upgraded to 6.3.2 this morning. Fingers crossed that it would somehow resolve this, but it didn't. Anyone have any ideas? Not that big of a deal, but it sure is irritating. :)

All dockers still showing an update available even though there isn't.

Thanks!

-Landon

1 minute ago, harshl said:

I just upgraded to 6.3.2 this morning. Fingers crossed that it would somehow resolve this, but it didn't. Anyone have any ideas? Not that big of a deal, but it sure is irritating. :)

All dockers still showing an update available even though there isn't.

Thanks!

-Landon

What version did you upgrade from?

11 minutes ago, harshl said:

Depending upon how / when you got to 6.2.4 you *might* have to delete the docker.img and then re-add your apps via CA's previous apps or the my* templates.  (Or put another way, this is only affecting you at the moment, and that's the first course of action ;) )

3 minutes ago, Squid said:

Depending upon how / when you got to 6.2.4 you *might* have to delete the docker.img and then re-add your apps via CA's previous apps or the my* templates.  (Or put another way, this is only affecting you at the moment, and that's the first course of action ;) )

Unfortunately, I have already been through that exercise.

If it just me, then I will deal with it. Not sure how it got triggered or what is stuck, but it worked for a long time properly.

Thanks Squid,

-Landon

Just now, harshl said:

Unfortunately, I have already been through that exercise.

If it just me, then I will deal with it. Not sure how it got triggered or what is stuck, but it worked for a long time properly.

Thanks Squid,

-Landon

I'm thinking that odd's on its because of "Layers from manifest don't match"  that will happen if / when you install another app.  Deleting the docker.img is the fix for that, and was because of Docker themselves changing the API used to communicate...(Manifested itself with upgrades from 6.1 to 6.2)