[Support] Huxy - XMLTV Schedules Direct

Just now, Squid said:

When installing it, you would have erased the "name" entry in which case the docker system applied its own name to the container.

I didn't erase anything though - I just downloaded it from CA and ran it once i'd finished the config and the "XMLTVSchedulesDirect" docker was running nifty  (and his few brothers) dissappeared.....

i have two lineups in my config (USA and UK), USA is listed first and UK is second in the config file. 

I'm not getting the UK EPG data - the channel data is in the donwloaded "guide.xml" but the program data is not. Any suggestions for what I shoul look at?

thanks

so if I search the entire file for  "ESPN" i get this (and a lot more of the description entries)

Search "espn" (197 hits in 1 file) 
\\192.168.168.204\appdata\TVGuideXML\guide.xml (197 hits)
	Line 78:     <display-name>ESPN</display-name>
	Line 79:     <display-name>ESPN</display-name>
	Line 657:     <display-name>ESPN2</display-name>
	Line 658:     <display-name>ESPN2</display-name>
	Line 902:     <display-name>ESPNEWS</display-name>
	Line 903:     <display-name>ESPNEWS</display-name>
	Line 2316:     <display-name>ESPN Deportes</display-name>
	Line 2317:     <display-name>ESPND</display-name>
	Line 3415:     <display-name>ESPNU</display-name>
	Line 3416:     <display-name>ESPNU</display-name>
	Line 3499:     <display-name>BT Sport ESPN</display-name>
	Line 3500:     <display-name>ESPNUK</display-name>
	Line 4610:     <display-name>BT Sport ESPN HD</display-name>
	Line 4611:     <display-name>ESPNHDE</display-name>
	Line 5433:     <display-name>ESPN Goal Line & Buzzer Beater</display-name>
	Line 15060:     <desc>The latest news, highlights and inside information from every corner of the sports world is presented each day on "SportsCenter," ESPN's first-ever program when the network debuted in September of 1979. The flagship series airs an evening edition and a brand new midnight show each weekday before the stage is cleared for a live "SportsCenter" morning block that emphasizes fast-paced, highlights-driven reports and what's new on social media platforms.</desc>
	Line 15065:     <url>http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/sportscenter/index</url>
	Line 15088:     <desc>The latest news, highlights and inside information from every corner of the sports world is presented each day on "SportsCenter," ESPN's first-ever program when the network debuted in September of 1979. The flagship series airs an evening edition and a brand new midnight show each weekday before the stage is cleared for a live "SportsCenter" morning block that emphasizes fast-paced, highlights-driven reports and what's new on social media platforms.</desc>
	Line 15093:     <url>http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/sportscenter/index</url>

but if I search for "Sky Sports F1"  (a UK channel) I get this ie. no prgram data :-

Search "sky sports f1" (2 hits in 1 file)
  \\192.168.168.204\appdata\TVGuideXML\guide.xml (2 hits)
	Line 5095:     <display-name>Sky Sports F1</display-name>
	Line 5564:     <display-name>Sky Sports F1 HD</display-name>

Is this docker still supported?   There does not appear to be any  details on how to  use it..  I want to download from SD xml guide data for use with plex. 

Any help would be appreciated.  I'd start with, I figure somewhere I have to enter my sd username and password, but where?

12 hours ago, grizlyadams said:

i have two lineups in my config (USA and UK), USA is listed first and UK is second in the config file. 

I'm not getting the UK EPG data - the channel data is in the donwloaded "guide.xml" but the program data is not. Any suggestions for what I shoul look at?

thanks

so if I search the entire file for  "ESPN" i get this (and a lot more of the description entries)

Search "espn" (197 hits in 1 file) 
\\192.168.168.204\appdata\TVGuideXML\guide.xml (197 hits)
	Line 78:     <display-name>ESPN</display-name>
	Line 79:     <display-name>ESPN</display-name>
	Line 657:     <display-name>ESPN2</display-name>
	Line 658:     <display-name>ESPN2</display-name>
	Line 902:     <display-name>ESPNEWS</display-name>
	Line 903:     <display-name>ESPNEWS</display-name>
	Line 2316:     <display-name>ESPN Deportes</display-name>
	Line 2317:     <display-name>ESPND</display-name>
	Line 3415:     <display-name>ESPNU</display-name>
	Line 3416:     <display-name>ESPNU</display-name>
	Line 3499:     <display-name>BT Sport ESPN</display-name>
	Line 3500:     <display-name>ESPNUK</display-name>
	Line 4610:     <display-name>BT Sport ESPN HD</display-name>
	Line 4611:     <display-name>ESPNHDE</display-name>
	Line 5433:     <display-name>ESPN Goal Line & Buzzer Beater</display-name>
	Line 15060:     <desc>The latest news, highlights and inside information from every corner of the sports world is presented each day on "SportsCenter," ESPN's first-ever program when the network debuted in September of 1979. The flagship series airs an evening edition and a brand new midnight show each weekday before the stage is cleared for a live "SportsCenter" morning block that emphasizes fast-paced, highlights-driven reports and what's new on social media platforms.</desc>
	Line 15088:     <desc>The latest news, highlights and inside information from every corner of the sports world is presented each day on "SportsCenter," ESPN's first-ever program when the network debuted in September of 1979. The flagship series airs an evening edition and a brand new midnight show each weekday before the stage is cleared for a live "SportsCenter" morning block that emphasizes fast-paced, highlights-driven reports and what's new on social media platforms.</desc>
	Line 15093:     <url>http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/sportscenter/index</url>

but if I search for "Sky Sports F1"  (a UK channel) I get this ie. no prgram data :-

Search "sky sports f1" (2 hits in 1 file)
  \\192.168.168.204\appdata\TVGuideXML\guide.xml (2 hits)
	Line 5095:     <display-name>Sky Sports F1</display-name>
	Line 5564:     <display-name>Sky Sports F1 HD</display-name>

Does it work if you just include the UK listings? I've not tried grabbing multiple line-ups before, I always just scraped a single but I think it's important to establish if it's related to two line-ups being processed or the line-up itself.

6 hours ago, eds said:

Is this docker still supported?   There does not appear to be any  details on how to  use it..  I want to download from SD xml guide data for use with plex. 

Any help would be appreciated.  I'd start with, I figure somewhere I have to enter my sd username and password, but where?

My understanding is the plug-in still works fine. That said I no longer watch any LiveTV so don't actively use the grabber.

XMLTV requires a pre-configured file in order to operate. In this instance you can either drop an existing working config file into the appdata directory or you can generate one using an interactive prompt. Instructions on how to config and use the plug-in can be located on the GitHub  and docker pages: https://github.com/HuxyUK/docker-xmltv-sd-json/

**hint**

sudo docker run -ti --rm -v /mnt/cache/appdata/XMLTVSchedulesDirect:/config  huxy/xmltv-sd-json /usr/local/bin/tv_grab_sd_json --configure

Edited by Huxy
6 hours ago, Huxy said:

My understanding is the plug-in still works fine. That said I no longer watch any LiveTV so don't actively use the grabber.

XMLTV requires a pre-configured file in order to operate. In this instance you can either drop an existing working config file into the appdata directory or you can generate one using an interactive prompt. Instructions on how to config and use the plug-in can be located on the GitHub  and docker pages: https://github.com/HuxyUK/docker-xmltv-sd-json/

**hint**

sudo docker run -ti --rm -v /mnt/cache/appdata/XMLTVSchedulesDirect:/config  huxy/xmltv-sd-json /usr/local/bin/tv_grab_sd_json --configure

I am assuming you run the above command in the docker.  But for me, the docker starts and then fails immediately. 

Will look into this further. 

Thanks for the info.

2 minutes ago, eds said:

I am assuming you run the above command in the docker.  But for me, the docker starts and then fails immediately. 

Will look into this further. 

Thanks for the info.

Actually the command runs on the Unraid prompt. The docker container can not start without the config and it is not possible (easy) to offer interactive configuration at this time. Just launch the Unraid terminal from within the UI (top right looks like >_ ) and then run the docker command above. It assumes that your data path is "/mnt/cache/appdata/XMLTVSchedulesDirect" which is the default unless you changed it.

5 minutes ago, Huxy said:

Actually the command runs on the Unraid prompt. The docker container can not start without the config and it is not possible (easy) to offer interactive configuration at this time. Just launch the Unraid terminal from within the UI (top right looks like >_ ) and then run the docker command above. It assumes that your data path is "/mnt/cache/appdata/XMLTVSchedulesDirect" which is the default unless you changed it.

Brilliant.  Will give it a try.  Thanks!

2 hours ago, Huxy said:

Your instructions worked perfectly.  Thanks.

The only issue I am having is, the guide does not appear to be flagging new episodes.   Is this to be expected?

On 1/16/2020 at 8:41 AM, Huxy said:

Does it work if you just include the UK listings? I've not tried grabbing multiple line-ups before, I always just scraped a single but I think it's important to establish if it's related to two line-ups being processed or the line-up itself.

actually after leaving it a couple of days it appears to have the data in the guide.xml, but not in emby.... off to look at xteve and emby mapping to see what's up

Edited by grizlyadams
On 1/16/2020 at 6:59 PM, eds said:

Your instructions worked perfectly.  Thanks.

The only issue I am having is, the guide does not appear to be flagging new episodes.   Is this to be expected?

no its not, u can check your xml if it has entries as sample with original air date

here a sample from a new episode and the repeat later

<programme channel="guide2go.83649.schedulesdirect.org" start="20200121191500 +0000" stop="20200121201500 +0000">
          <title lang="de">Navy CIS</title>
          <sub-title lang="de">Tod durch Gartenzwerg</sub-title>
          <desc lang="de">Zivas problematische Rückkehr trübt die Stimmung im Team und niemand weiß, mit der Situation umzugehen. Doch viel Zeit zum Grübeln bleibt nicht, denn ein neuer Fall steht an: Unter einem Lkw wird eine Leiche gefunden, die allen Anzeichen nach.&#xA;[Tod durch Gartenzwerg]</desc>
          <category lang="en">Crime drama</category>
          <category lang="en">Action</category>
          <category lang="en">Adventure</category>
          <category lang="en">Mystery</category>
          <episode-num system="xmltv_ns">16.2.</episode-num>
          <episode-num system="onscreen">S17 E3</episode-num>
          <episode-num system="original-air-date">2019-10-08</episode-num>
          <icon src="https://s3.amazonaws.com/schedulesdirect/assets/p184930_i_v8_ae.jpg" height="1440" width="960"></icon>
          <icon src="https://s3.amazonaws.com/schedulesdirect/assets/p11857845_b_h9_ab.jpg" height="540" width="720"></icon>
          <icon src="https://s3.amazonaws.com/schedulesdirect/assets/p184930_ce_h10_ad.jpg" height="135" width="240"></icon>
          <video>
              <quality>HDTV</quality>
          </video>
          <audio>
              <stereo>dolby digital</stereo>
              <surround>DD 5.1</surround>
          </audio>
          <new></new>
      </programme>

repeated now and u see the extra entries

<programme channel="guide2go.83649.schedulesdirect.org" start="20200122002000 +0000" stop="20200122010000 +0000">
          <desc lang="de">Zivas problematische Rückkehr trübt die Stimmung im Team und niemand weiß, mit der Situation umzugehen. Doch viel Zeit zum Grübeln bleibt nicht, denn ein neuer Fall steht an: Unter einem Lkw wird eine Leiche gefunden, die allen Anzeichen nach.&#xA;[Tod durch Gartenzwerg]</desc>
          <icon src="https://s3.amazonaws.com/schedulesdirect/assets/p184930_i_v8_ae.jpg" height="1440" width="960"></icon>
          <icon src="https://s3.amazonaws.com/schedulesdirect/assets/p11857845_b_h9_ab.jpg" height="540" width="720"></icon>
          <icon src="https://s3.amazonaws.com/schedulesdirect/assets/p184930_ce_h10_ad.jpg" height="135" width="240"></icon>
          <video>
              <quality>HDTV</quality>
          </video>
          <audio>
          </audio>
          <previously-shown start="2019-10-08"></previously-shown>
      </programme>

looks in emby as sample (also plex) new

image.thumb.png.ad1d1c15450c822616e5718f0d44727b.png

repeated then

image.thumb.png.5c8a2272034a5f731c5101f42873c203.png

8 hours ago, alturismo said:

no its not, u can check your xml if it has entries as sample with original air date

here a sample from a new episode and the repeat later

<programme channel="guide2go.83649.schedulesdirect.org" start="20200121191500 +0000" stop="20200121201500 +0000">
          <video>
              <quality>HDTV</quality>
          </video>
          <audio>
          </audio>
          <new></new>
      </programme>

repeated now and u see the extra entries

<programme channel="guide2go.83649.schedulesdirect.org" start="20200122002000 +0000" stop="20200122010000 +0000">
          <video>
              <quality>HDTV</quality>
          </video>
          <audio>
          </audio>
          <previously-shown start="2019-10-08"></previously-shown>
      </programme>

looks in emby as sample (also plex) new

image.thumb.png.ad1d1c15450c822616e5718f0d44727b.png

repeated then

image.thumb.png.5c8a2272034a5f731c5101f42873c203.png

I figured as much. 

I have epg123 and was using that as a guide until Huxy showed me how to use this app. 

With epg123 I have the "new" flag in my guide data.  With this it appears to be missing. 

I am assuming you're using the app.  What are your settings in tv_grab_sd_json.conf?

After the "audio" tag I have ratings.  I do not see the previously show tag. 

Edited by eds
no previously shown tag

I could be wrong on this.   This is in my guide which appears to show as new, and appears to have the "new" tag.   

But in Plex it does not appear as new.  As stated before, I know Plex can see the new tag because a guide I had imported using epg123 shows the "new" tag.

<programme start="20200122010000 +0000" stop="20200122020000 +0000" channel="I31225.json.schedulesdirect.org">
    <title>Dr. Phil</title>
    <sub-title>My Ex Put Cameras at My House to Prove I'm a Horrible Mom</sub-title>
    <desc>Jason says his ex-wife, Tina, refuses to be a parent, while their 16-year-old daughter refuses to talk to him, because he is a disciplinarian; Tina says Jason has put up cameras to watch her and her daughter and listen to their conversations.</desc>
    <credits>
      <presenter>Phil McGraw</presenter>
    </credits>
    <category>Talk</category>
    <category>Series</category>
    <category>series</category>
    <episode-num system="xmltv_ns">17.84.</episode-num>
    <episode-num system="dd_progid">EP005178513153</episode-num>
    <video>
      <quality>HDTV</quality>
    </video>
    <audio>
      <stereo>stereo</stereo>
    </audio>
    <previously-shown start="20200121" />
    <new />
    <subtitles type="teletext" />
    <rating system="Régie du cinéma">
      <value>13+</value>
    </rating>
    <rating system="Canadian Parental Rating">
      <value>14+</value>
    </rating>
    <rating system="Film &amp; Publication Board">
      <value>13</value>
    </rating>
    <rating system="USA Parental Rating">
      <value>TVPG</value>
    </rating>
  </programme>

In this guide listing the "new" tag appears to be missing an end bracket and does not appear to look like the one @alturismo has.

Does it look problematic to anyone?

9 hours ago, Huxy said:

<previously-shown start="20200121" />

The listing you provided above is a repeated show. You can see the previously-shown tag is present and is the day before this episode is being aired. I would not expect it to be flagged as new.

Then something is wrong with the listing because it is a new show and there is what appears to be an open ended new tag directly below it. 

Also, quite by accident, I found at least one show in the guide had a correctly assigned new tag.  So I think there is an issue with the guide. 

So I deleted the guide and deleted the dvr from plex and decides to rerun the docker, install and import a new guide.   

Fingers crossed it works. 

Doing a re install of Plex and re importing a new guide did not solve the problem. 

But a number of things became clear. 

The issue is not the guide, it's Plex. 

Using the same guide in Jellyfin and I see repeat and new tags, no problem. 

1613588365_2020-01-20at18-08-18.thumb.png.5b6a4215e6a7e995ab46208b42e3105f.png

Some episodes show as new in Plex, but they are few and far between.

Plex and Jellyfin must treat the 'previously show' tag differently, because it's the source of my problem. 

From what I see if 'previously show' is with or without the 'new' tag, the episode is considered a repeat by Plex.   

If the 'new' tag is on its own, Plex sees it as new.  

Not to beat a dead horse, but to clear the record, there is something up with the xml's this app downloads (with respect to previously aired and new tag).

Using EPG123, which uses schedules direct as a source, the previously aired tag (called previously shown in epg123) is not littered throughout the guide.  It accurately displays the <new /> tag on its own and <previously-show> on its own. 

For Plex this means episodes that  are set to record new only are accurately recorded and repeats are ignored.

So there  is something wrong with the guide data with respect to those two issues.  Not sure how well the xmltv schedules direct app is being maintained , but hopefully they will correct this issue.

All else seems to be fine!

7 minutes ago, eds said:

Not to beat a dead horse, but to clear the record, there is something up with the xml's this app downloads (with respect to previously aired and new tag).

Using EPG123, which uses schedules direct as a source, the previously aired tag (called previously shown in epg123) is not littered throughout the guide.  It accurately displays the <new /> tag on its own and <previously-show> on its own. 

For Plex this means episodes that  are set to record new only are accurately recorded and repeats are ignored.

So there  is something wrong with the guide data with respect to those two issues.  Not sure how well the xmltv schedules direct app is being maintained , but hopefully they will correct this issue.

All else seems to be fine!

as this is not a SD exclusive app ... there are others out there u can try, like i said i use another one meanwhile, guide2go as sample

1 hour ago, alturismo said:

as this is not a SD exclusive app ... there are others out there u can try, like i said i use another one meanwhile, guide2go as sample

For clarification, the docker image installs the scraper and it's possible XML format has changed or the SD grabber needs updating. If I remember correctly the SD grabber was actually integrated in to the XMLTV project and the GitHub repo may not be required. I don't have an active SD subscription at the moment, so guide2go at  this point  is sound advice. That said if I get the chance I'll have a look and see if I can troubleshoot issue. I also have a young family and a full-time job so I can't guarantee this will be the highest of priorities.

Edited by Huxy
  • Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello again,

been away for a while and i've just noticed that XMLTVSchedulesDirect is not updating every night. it updated on the first run (1 day file) then on the next day (full 14 day schedule) then it stopped updating.

Where should i look? 

here is the last part of the log 

Sat Jan 18 12:57:06 GMT 2020: Running grab type: STARTUP
Sat Jan 18 12:57:06 GMT 2020: *** Launching Grabber Script! ***
Sat Jan 18 12:57:06 GMT 2020: ****************
Sat Jan 18 12:57:06 GMT 2020: * RUNNING GRAB *
Sat Jan 18 12:57:06 GMT 2020: ****************
Sat Jan 18 12:57:06 GMT 2020: /usr/local/bin/tv_grab_sd_json --days 1 --output guide.xml --offset 0
Initializing...
** POST https://json.schedulesdirect.org/20141201/token ==> -200 OK
** GET https://json.schedulesdirect.org/20141201/status ==> -200 OK (1s)
Updating lineups...
Indexing channels...
Updating schedules...
** POST https://json.schedulesdirect.org/20141201/schedules/md5 ==> -\|/-\|/-\|/-\|/-\|/-\|/-\|/-\|/-\|/-\|/-\|/-\|/-\|/-\|/-\|/-\|/-\|/-\|/-\|/-\|/-\|/-\|/-\|/-\|/-\|/-\|/-\|/-\|/-\200 OK (8s)
Updating programs...
Removing old cache entries...
Writing output...
Done
Sat Jan 18 12:58:11 GMT 2020: Moving tmp file to /data/guide.xml
Sat Jan 18 12:58:11 GMT 2020: ... Success

Sat Jan 18 12:58:11 GMT 2020: Checking for crontab
Sat Jan 18 12:58:11 GMT 2020: Located custom crontab...
Sat Jan 18 12:58:11 GMT 2020: Installing crontab...
Sat Jan 18 12:58:11 GMT 2020: /config/cronjobs.txt
Sat Jan 18 12:58:12 GMT 2020: ********************
Sat Jan 18 12:58:12 GMT 2020: * STARTUP COMPLETE *
Sat Jan 18 12:58:12 GMT 2020: ********************
*** Running /etc/rc.local...
*** Booting supervisor daemon...
*** Supervisor started as PID 42
2020-01-18 12:58:16,622 CRIT Set uid to user 0
*** Started processes via Supervisor......
crond RUNNING pid 46, uptime 0:00:04
syslog-ng RUNNING pid 45, uptime 0:00:04

that /config/cronjobs.txt is there and this is its content - as far as i can tell that says run at 30 mins past every 12th hour?

# more cronjobs.txt
30 */12 * * * /usr/local/bin/grabber >> /var/log/cron.log 2>&1
# LEAVE THIS LINE BLANK

thanks in advance