Configuration help running a VPN with my container-only setup.

I have containers setup for my downloads (Transmission/Couch Potato/Sick Rage/SABnzbd/PLEX)

How can I integrate my VPN into this setup? I'm a Linux/unRAID newb but know enough to work through both. Is there a container/plugin that allows you to run any VPN?

I'd love to keep this container-only setup due to its super low overhead but would it be easier/preferred to spin up a Ubuntu VM and run it all through there instead?

I do prefer gui's but not afraid of command line.

Any help you guys can afford me would be appreciated.

Thanks.

I have containers setup for my downloads (Transmission/Couch Potato/Sick Rage/SABnzbd/PLEX)

How can I integrate my VPN into this setup? I'm a Linux/unRAID newb but know enough to work through both. Is there a container/plugin that allows you to run any VPN?

I'd love to keep this container-only setup due to its super low overhead but would it be easier/preferred to spin up a Ubuntu VM and run it all through there instead?

Thanks.

are you wanting to setup your own vpn or just those dockers in a vpn?

if you want the dockers in a vpn, there's dockers of transmission and sabnzbd that have vpn capabilities built in.

Thanks.

if you want the dockers in a vpn, there's dockers of transmission and sabnzbd that have vpn capabilities built in.

The goal is P2P protection but I don't mind running it on the machine if that's what it takes. I just need to know how to install it. I saw there was OpenVPN versions of those but are they compatible with any VPN service? Forgive as I'm unfamiliar.

Thanks.

The goal is P2P protection but I don't mind running it on the machine if that's what it takes. I just need to know how to install it. I saw there was OpenVPN versions of those but are they compatible with any VPN service? Forgive as I'm unfamiliar.

you really only need P2P protection on transmission. Just enable SSL if you havent already for your servers in sab. I dont use a transmission docker so I'm not sure how to setup the vpn piece of it. I assume its easy and probably in the install instructions.

If you want everything to run over vpn, you probably will need to setup a VM and have it always connected to a VPN.

Thanks.

you really only need P2P protection on transmission. Just enable SSL if you havent already for your servers in sab. I dont use a transmission docker so I'm not sure how to setup the vpn piece of it. I assume its easy and probably in the install instructions.

If you want everything to run over vpn, you probably will need to setup a VM and have it always connected to a VPN.

I have my usenet connection configured for SSL already which is fine, it's the torrents via Transmission that I'm concerned with.

Transmission is very basic with limited options, I'll have to grab the VPN version to see what it has but right now, there is nothing built in to it. I may have to go with a VM to get it right - really didn't want to do that but it ain't the end of the world.

Not having any lucky with Transmission VPN, I tried entering in all my credentials but no dice. I'm also not seeing it show up even in my containers once installed.

Any other, easier solutions? Will the OpenVPN container work for me? I can download OpenVPN config files from my VPN provider...would that work for protecting the non-VPN Transmission?

Not having any lucky with Transmission VPN, I tried entering in all my credentials but no dice. I'm also not seeing it show up even in my containers once installed.

Any other, easier solutions? Will the OpenVPN container work for me? I can download OpenVPN config files from my VPN provider...would that work for protecting the non-VPN Transmission?

Best place to get support for a container is in it's support thread.  Although I would recommend using a binhex VPN container like deluge or rutorrent personally.

Best place to get support for a container is in it's support thread.  Although I would recommend using a binhex VPN container like deluge or rutorrent personally.

I'm trying deluge now and I'm having a hard time trying to figure out how I'm supposed to configure this. The whole premise this thing is "hidden" before it's config'd it nutty. I tried filling out the "docker run -d\" with all the information from my VPN and I get a ton of errors, I'm not sure how I'm even supposed to run this honestly, basically hopped on a putty session and copy pasted the whole command in there.

The instructions make a lot of assumptions and I'm not really good enough to understand it's jumps.