[Support] Data-Monkey - netdata

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Can't seem to get the update method to work; edit and apply but nothing gets downloaded, when netdata still says there is an update?

Does the container get updated automatically when there is an update available?

Thanks in advance

Edited by local.bin
  • 2 weeks later...
23 hours ago, Pducharme said:

my Netdata doesn't start anymore and give that error :

/usr/sbin/netdata: error while loading shared libraries: libmnl.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Same here, it was from a recent update.  Pducharme, to get the docker back working go to edit -> advanced view and change the repository from "titpetric/netdata" to "titpetric/netdata:1.5".  Takes you back a version but at least it works.  

• 1 month later...

Ive been running Netdata for a while. So far its been great.

Giving you a heads up, I've been monitoring the Logfile size using the 'view Docker Log Size' script in the userscripts plugin and it seems to have levelled off at a size of 14MB. it looks about the same as what is reported in the netdata side menu. I've added a screen shot of the side menu report.

5902e78d2d350_ScreenShot2017-04-28at14_54_28.png.9ef693bf428477b8672e995682ed10aa.png

i'm currently running unRaid 6.1.9

I hope this helps.

• 1 month later...

Please is there a way to add custom external plugins to a directory that can be stored in my appdata directory. I would love to add some HDDtemp graphs and sensor graphs. I've tried many times but my limited understanding of groups and permissions and which internal directory i need to mount outside the docker is severely hamstringing me.

I've tried to mount /etc/netdata/python.d and other directories outside docker in my appdata folder and add some external .conf files and plugin files but I'm not getting anywhere.

(basically I'm asking for a crash course on the subject). any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Please Help.

regards

Clint

• 2 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, 1812 said:

For guaranteed freshness?

I set it to auto-update and forget about it.

2 hours ago, Zonediver said:

Can some of the Defs explain, why this docker needs every day an update, somtimes two on one day?

AFAIK the official netdata github repo has a commit hook, so that whenever there is a new commit to it, it's building a new docker image. And as far as you can see in the GitHub commit log, there are daily commits. So it's features / bug fixes :-)