[Support] Data-Monkey - netdata

How do I make the fping plugin work with this one?

I accessed the file at URL:19999/netdata.conf.

It didn't auto create one under /mnt/cache/appdata/netdata/netdata.conf as per instructions.

So I created but everything appears to be hashed out? So I uncommented the lines relating to fping but to no avail.

Restarted Netdata docker too.

Going to the URL:19999/netdata.conf file again it hasn't updated with changes either so seems to be sourcing from elsewhere?

Edited by SauRoN
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Why doesn't Application section work? Nothing happens when I click on it.

And I don't see it on Github to install 

5991a13fa65b0_Skrmavbild2017-08-14kl_15_07_06.png.761a4fa9e50924742929e14c3361ddb3.png

hi Lappen71

Do you see the side menu on the right of the screen?

c3e0476271c87cad6448b9df35404636.jpg

That is where the application monitoring is. It lists the current running dockers. Either with the docker ID string or the name if you have linked up the netdata docker right.

In each application list you'll see how much CPU each application is using.

Hope this helps

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
16 hours ago, Zonediver said:

Can someone explain me, why the hell this plugin needs "every" day 2-3 updates??? OMG! I am not amused! Are you kidding me???>:(

The official netdata docker has a github  commit hook, so that whenever there is a new commit to it, it's building a new docker image. And as far as you can see in the GitHub commit log, there are daily commits. 

You can install the auto update plugin (CA Auto Update Applications ) and just keep up-to-date that way.

• Upvote 1
4 hours ago, roland said:

The official netdata docker has a github  commit hook, so that whenever there is a new commit to it, it's building a new docker image. And as far as you can see in the GitHub commit log, there are daily commits. 

You can install the auto update plugin (CA Auto Update Applications ) and just keep up-to-date that way.

I have the CA Auto Update Application installed and active but if the updates come in a close window (within few hours) i must do it by hand...

Edited by Zonediver
  • 3 weeks later...

I have the CA Auto Update Application installed and active but if the updates come in a close window (within few hours) i must do it by hand...
So? It'll just do it the next day

If it's because of notifications then disable unraid checking for updates and CA will still do Its thing
On 2/5/2017 at 7:45 AM, Pducharme said:

Is there a way for someone to create a plugin that will just show the plex Transcodings number in realtime? Something that can interactif with a plex docker or use the plexpy API?

Did you ever figure out how to do this? This is of interest to me as well. Thanks!

On 12/10/2017 at 1:29 AM, dadarara said:

how do I update the netdata ?  its not autoupdating. 

how to actually install a plugin ?  (looking to show UPS data)

Your question is confusing. This is a thread for the netdata docker container. To my knowledge it does not "autoupdate". Nor does the application within the container update apart from the entire container being updated. Updating the container is done in the docker tab. So far as installing plugins goes, I am assuming you mean netdata data collection "plugins". Those typically are auto-detected / configured by netdata on startup/restart of the container. For more information on that you can go first to the github page listed at the start of this topic. It lists the features and usage of this container in a more indepth way. As a final note, I am not sure if getting UPS monitoring to show up in netdata is possible with this container. Since netdata is encapsulated in a docker container it only has limited access to the underlying unRAID system. I looked into UPS monitoring a while back and i seem to remember that there was some big obstacle to getting it working in a container, but I cannot remember exactly what.

Edited by primeval_god
  • 2 weeks later...
On 13/12/2017 at 10:15 AM, the_larizzo said:

Is it only me or the containers don't show any disk activity is this something I can enable somehow? Or does anyone know of another way to monitor individual container IO?

You can probably use the cadvisor (from Google) Docker to monitor ressources usage.

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/22/2017 at 12:58 PM, mrangryoven said:

I have mapped the config dir /etc/netdata to /mnt/cache/appdata/netdata and i have put in my own config file and i need netdata to send data to my influxdb server but its not using the config i have set?

Any ideas?

@mrangryoven I know this is an old question but in case you are still wondering I think can across the answer. You need to remove the mapping from /mnt/cache/appdata/netdata -> /etc/netdata and replace it with /mnt/cache/appdata/netdata > /etc/netdata/override

Then recreate the folder structure of /etc/netdata in /mnt/cache/appdata/netdata  and place your conf file under the proper directory. Make sure the permissions allow reading by the netdata container.

@dadarara If you are still looking for a way to get netdata to show UPS data, and you are using the NUT Plugin, I may have an answer for you. After mulling over the limitations for a while I decided to write a netdata python.d module to allow showing NUT UPS using the NUT Server functionality. In order for this to work you would need to have the Nut Plugin installed and configured in the 'Netserver' UPS Mode. For the docker configuration I created an app data folder /mnt/cache/appdata/netdata and in it a folder named "override". Then copy " /etc/netdata/python.d.conf" from the inside the netdata container, put it in the "override" folder, and add "nutserver: yes" (without the quotes) to the end of the file. Create a folder "python.d" within override and place the "nutserver.conf" within it and configure it with the proper settings. Place "nutserver.chart.py" in /mnt/cache/appdata/netdata. Finally you need to modify the volume mounts for the netdata docker container. Mount the host path "/mnt/cache/appdata/netdata/override" to the container path "/etc/netdata/override" Access mode read only. Mount the host path "/mnt/cache/appdata/netdata/nutserver.chart.py" to the container path "/usr/libexec/netdata/python.d/nutserver.chart.py" access mode read only. Restart the netdata container.

nutserver.chart.py

nutserver.conf

• Upvote 1