[Support] Data-Monkey - netdata

• 3 weeks later...

I noticed today that my netdata docker log is full of warnings-

--- BEGIN TRACE ---
--- END TRACE ---
2018-01-23 16:54:33: charts.d: : apcupsd: command 'apcaccess status 127.0.0.1:3551 ' failed:

--- BEGIN TRACE ---
--- END TRACE ---
2018-01-23 16:55:23: charts.d: : apcupsd: command 'apcaccess status 127.0.0.1:3551 ' failed:

--- BEGIN TRACE ---
--- END TRACE ---
2018-01-23 16:59:53: charts.d: : apcupsd: command 'apcaccess status 127.0.0.1:3551 ' failed:

--- BEGIN TRACE ---
--- END TRACE ---
2018-01-23 17:02:03: charts.d: : apcupsd: command 'apcaccess status 127.0.0.1:3551 ' failed:

--- BEGIN TRACE ---
--- END TRACE ---
2018-01-23 17:09:23: charts.d: : apcupsd: command 'apcaccess status 127.0.0.1:3551 ' failed:

--- BEGIN TRACE ---
--- END TRACE ---
2018-01-23 17:12:15: netdata ERROR : PLUGIN[proc]: File /var/cache/netdata/disk_qops.sda/main.db is too old. Clearing it.

Not quite sure what they mean? The apcupsd data is all being displayed in the docker web page.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 8/14/2017 at 3:27 PM, BillClinton said:

hi Lappen71

Do you see the side menu on the right of the screen?

c3e0476271c87cad6448b9df35404636.jpg

That is where the application monitoring is. It lists the current running dockers. Either with the docker ID string or the name if you have linked up the netdata docker right.

In each application list you'll see how much CPU each application is using.

Hope this helps

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I don't have that list and I have apps running? how can I add them?

On the other hand how can I add other charts? like the sensors pluging?

https://github.com/firehol/netdata/wiki/Add-more-charts-to-netdata

I would like to see temperatures and voltajes

On 24/03/2018 at 10:26 PM, L0rdRaiden said:

On the other hand how can I add other charts? like the sensors pluging?

https://github.com/firehol/netdata/wiki/Add-more-charts-to-netdata

Hi @L0rdRaiden,

Sorry, I have been missing for a while.

THere has been some development to the docker by titpetric over at dockerhub.

From his page:  https://hub.docker.com/r/titpetric/netdata/

Adding custom alarms, charts and configuration overrides

To add custom alarms, charts or to override any default configuration file, mount a volume to the container to /etc/netdata/override, like -v /opt/netdata/overrides:/etc/netdata/override. Then, place your config files in the directory as if it was /etc/netdata/.

For example to create a custom alarm for system temperature, create a health.d folder in your local directory (/opt/netdata/override in the example above) and place a sensors.conf file with your alarm configuration inside the health.d directory.

By default my template maps /etc/netdata to your config directory, in my case /mnt/cache/appdata/netdata

inside there you should find the override folder. Most likely empty. But that is where you can add your configurations.

I have not tried this yet, the things you mention show up in my config by default.

In the docker containers, this 2 graphs produces a perfect match (talking about the netdata screeshot), which makes sense, but in the VM I get what you can see in the picture bellow and it doesn't match with what unraid is reporting (unraid reported and average of 15-20% as much load during the period 10:50 and 10:55, and the CPU report included in the application (SophosXG) running in the VM was reporting almost a iddle load...

Why is this? I don't know what to trust.

I have all the cores assigned to SophosXG and looking at the netdata graphs everything else was mostly idle.

image.png.ad9b71694573ae4be4e524af9f5f712f.png

image.thumb.png.6be348eeac6e432ebdf825436c26a5a9.pngIn te doc

Edited by L0rdRaiden

Is this still working?

I never met a app which throws out so many errors on startup, wow.

File not found, reports failure, module is needed, child exited with code 1... i guess thats every error on the world inside this container.. :D

The "tutorial" didnt showed to change anythign... so why its not working? :D

Edit:
Okay, i got it working, just needed to restart (?) Maybe you could add that to the first page. I couldnt access it until i restartet it.

Edited by nuhll
  • 3 weeks later...
On ‎2018‎-‎03‎-‎27 at 1:57 PM, SirBindy said:

NetData_Docker_Log.PNG.055de8af98480f57126973d1561b18e8.PNG

I Have the same errors here. The /host/proc/schedstat file doesnt exist on my system. I was wondering if I need to edit the config file and remove the netdata.runtime_cpuidle to get ride of this spamming message. Any suggestion ? Thx

• 3 weeks later...

I accepted a merge request https://github.com/Data-Monkey/docker-templates/pull/3

to change the default config mapping to /etc/ netdata /override

From the merge request, thanks a lot acrelle:

Change the default netdata configuration to be /etc/netdata/override.

Scripts placed in here are automatically copied into /etc/netdata during the container start script.

/etc/netdata/override is the volume exposed in the original Dockerfile:

https://hub.docker.com/r/titpetric/netdata/~/dockerfile/

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/18/2018 at 7:56 PM, igowas said:

I Have the same errors here. The /host/proc/schedstat file doesnt exist on my system. I was wondering if I need to edit the config file and remove the netdata.runtime_cpuidle to get ride of this spamming message. Any suggestion ? Thx

I get that error too.

The application seems to run OK, but as long as it spits errors in log I think something might be wrong.

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/18/2018 at 9:36 AM, playmake said:

Can someone point me in the right direction to make function the NUT plugin? i've already the NUT plugin working in Unraid but i would greatly appreciate to monitor my ups also in netdata. but I can't figure how to do it :'(

Netdata's existing NUT module will not work when Netdata is running inside a docker as in unRAID. I did come up with an alternative that has been working for me however. See the post i made on the previous page of this topic.