[Support] Data-Monkey - netdata

• 2 months later...
2 hours ago, wgstarks said:

Mine updates twice a day.

Yes, the docker got updated a lot lately.

https://hub.docker.com/r/titpetric/netdata/builds/

This template just follows the docker build. And I think that build follows the commits on netdata.

But do you really need to have the most up to date version all the time?

Just set it to auto update once a day and forget about it.... 

(At least this is my approach)

8 hours ago, roland said:

Yes, the docker got updated a lot lately.

https://hub.docker.com/r/titpetric/netdata/builds/

This template just follows the docker build. And I think that build follows the commits on netdata.

But do you really need to have the most up to date version all the time?

Just set it to auto update once a day and forget about it.... 

(At least this is my approach)

Great just thought it was unusual I just updated to 6.6.0 rc2 and thought I may have had something break

• 1 month later...

Would it be possible to have a path setting in the docker when you install it to redirect the log files to a location outside of the docker image?

I know that the netdata.cfg file can be edited (using the regular app) to dictate where the log files go.

But this would make it easier to change their location.  Unless, of course, someone can give me the easy steps to change them within the docker container to point to a location outside of the docker image.

Thanks!

edit: fixed a spelling error

Edited by JasonK
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey guys, new user here. 

I would like this dashboard, but I am not quite comfortable of adding it, as I do not quite have control over variables and logs etc. 

I installed latest unraid, what do I need to (and how) add to have netdata running without worrying of it crashing or overpopulating logs etc?

Is it just "install and go"? I read I should add this parameter --log-opt max-size=50m --log-opt max-file=1, where do I add it, I get these fields when I wish to add variable (I think that is what I wish):

Config Type: Variable 

Name:

Key:

Value:

Description:

What do I put as key, and what as value? Is it two variables, or how to add this parameter? Anything else I should set up?

I basically want to see how much cpu does each container use.

Thanks!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Now that Unraid supports Nvidia GPu passthrough, it can be enabled by running echo "nvidia_smi: yes" >> /etc/netdata/python.d.conf in the console of this docker.

Can you instead enable the nvidia_smi in the above config file for us, so we don't have to do this after every update?

That would be excellent!

@roland

Edited by Dazog
  • 4 weeks later...
7 hours ago, karldonteljames said:

Morning All, I assume this has been asked in the past, but I'm unable to find any information on it, I have a PC in my house that I use as a media server, would it be possible to monitor this machine under the same instance in this container? Is there a plugin, or equivalent windows service?

No, netdata does not at this time provide any Windows support.

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/10/2019 at 11:24 AM, Dazog said:

Now that Unraid supports Nvidia GPu passthrough, it can be enabled by running echo "nvidia_smi: yes" >> /etc/netdata/python.d.conf in the console of this docker.

Can you instead enable the nvidia_smi in the above config file for us, so we don't have to do this after every update?

That would be excellent!

@roland

I did this, but I don't see anything new? Would it be a new GPU heading or something? Assuming I don't need this?
https://github.com/coraxx/netdata_nv_plugin

On 3/11/2019 at 2:24 AM, Dazog said:

Hi, sorry for the long absence.

I think you should be able to add the file into the override folder and it should persist.

I don't have a nvidia and can't test it.

See this section: Adding custom alarms, charts and configuration overrides

on the dockerhub description: https://hub.docker.com/r/titpetric/netdata

Please let me know if you think something else is required.

I don't maintain the docker container, just made the template for easy use in unRAID.

Edit: @Dazog @dbinott

I think the change a while back where the override folder was created did not work properly anymore with my template.

Please change the docker mapping from:

-v '/mnt/cache/appdata/netdata':'/etc/netdata':'rw'

to this and try if this works:

-v '/mnt/cache/appdata/netdata':'/etc/netdata/override':'rw'

it works for me for the normal netdata.conf file.

If you could confirm this works I will change the template to make it easier for the next users.

Edit2: 

turns out I made that change in the template more than a year ago ... 

just never changed my own setup. SO if you added netdata recently it should work!

regards

Roland

Edited by roland
more information
  • Like 1

Hi, I temporarily removed my cache to make space for new HDD's, and noticed the container would not start.

I think the issue is the config path explicitly points to a cache path instead of the appdata share.

Maybe wrong: /etc/netdata/override : /mnt/cache/appdata/netdata/

Works with no cache:  /etc/netdata/override /mnt/user/appdata/netdata

@roland Netdata updated today through unraid and now the webgui option is gone and there is no port information?  I tried uninstalling the docker, deleting the appdata folder and redownloading but its the same.  When I click the icon in my docker tab, i can command in but no view webgui option.  And going to the port directly doesnt show anything either.

Edit: looks like it needs to be set to host now....I used to be able to set it to custom: proxynet before.  Kinda breaks my reverse proxy.  Any ideas?

Edited by sittingmongoose