One week with unRAID – Some problems I can't fix!

Hello guys,

It's been an amazing RAID this last week (see what I did there?). I'm truly loving almost everything about unRAID but I've found some problems that I'm having a hard time fixing it. I've been taking notes of weird things, errors, bugs or whatever I found so I'm able to write this post as well documented as possible. You can see my unRAID and build details in my signature.

1. When updating a docker for example, If I open another tab with unRAID dashboard it won’t load… it seems until the docker install/update finishes I'm not able to do anything else. Is this expected behaviour?

2. Performance/reliability with AFS is really really bad. It takes a lot of seconds (30-40) to connect to unRAID AFP shares from my mac and a lot of seconds to load a list of a 10-20 text files. I don't even have thumbnails enabled. I'm also unable to complete a Time Machine backup. I've made a "Backup" share with the following options (note that I've created a "jonatan" user to see if this would fix the problem, also tried with public setting and no luck)

1IblEsS2+

I can select the drive on my Time Machine preferences and start the backup, but the speeds are ridiculously slow (in KB) and it seems to go in and out. After 48hours my iMac was done with just half the backup (230gb of 450gb) and then just throw me an error. Sadly I forgot to take a screenshot but it was saying something like "To improve reliability Time machine needs to create a new backup"

I've tried searching on the forum and I've found a lot of people with this problem, but no couldn't find any solution. Sometimes when starting a new backup it will do it relatively quickly but after a few minutes it will speed down to ridiculously slow speeds, be like that for days and then... error.

3. I'm getting these errors through console. Is it normal? can I do something to fix?

2feCsQi5+

Thanks a lot!

1-completely normal.  The webUi is single threaded and always completes one operation before another

3-completely harmless message. Doesn't mean anything, doesn't affect anything  EDIT:  I'm talking about the unregister_netdevice.  The BASENAME error is from another plugin

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

1-completely normal.  The webUi is single threaded and always completes one operation before another

3-completely harmless message. Doesn't mean anything, doesn't affect anything  EDIT:  I'm talking about the unregister_netdevice.  The BASENAME error is from another plugin

Thanks a lot for your quick reply!

Hopefully someone else (*cough* @jonp *cough*) knows what's going on with the AFP protocol. It works really bad. Even Samba works much better!

Hopefully someone else (*cough* @jonp *cough*) knows what's going on with the AFP protocol. It works really bad. Even Samba works much better!

Isn't AFP depreciated in general though? Apple shifted to supporting SMB2 in Maverick.

Isn't AFP depreciated in general though? Apple shifted to supporting SMB2 in Maverick.

Umm I don't think Apple would do that, but in any case the thing is that the Time Machine backups use AFP so I have no choice here :(

Thanks!