[Support] activ- flexget

Update februari 2018: I no longer have the possibility to keep supporting this docker. If anyone wants to take over please feel free, grab my stuff from GitHub and make your own. I will leave the current state online, because I know people are using it.

Overview: Support for Docker image arch-flexget in the activ repo.

Application: Flexget - http://flexget.com

Docker Hub: https://hub.docker.com/r/activ/arch-flexget

GitHub: https://github.com/activ/arch-flexget

Credit: I am using the base image made by Binhex, so most of the work was done by him.

Edited by activ
  • Upvote 1
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Any chance you could modify your install script to include support for deluge and rar? I can figure out how to do a pull request if needed.

/setup/root/install.sh

Orig:

# define pacman packages

pacman_packages="python2 python2-pip"

# install pre-reqs

pacman -Sy --needed $pacman_packages --noconfirm

pip2 install --upgrade setuptools

pip2 install flexget

pip2 install transmissionrpc

Mod:

# define pacman packages

pacman_packages="python2 python2-pip unrar deluge"

# install pre-reqs

pacman -Sy --needed $pacman_packages --noconfirm

pip2 install --upgrade setuptools

pip2 install flexget

pip2 install transmissionrpc

pip2 install service_identity

pip2 install deluge

pip2 install rarfile

Yes I looked at binhex version but don't care about the VPN, your version was easier to configured and just worked.

I don't need both transmission and deluge only rar and could switch to transmission but i like deuge. I understand if you did not want to add bloat. I made a personal docker with what I need. Its a complete plagiarism of your work.

My preference is Transmission almost entirely because of Transmission remote.

Just curious here.

What do you like about the Transmission remote? A couple years ago I used to use Transmission with the remote, but when I switched to Deluge and its remote, I like the Deluge remote better. I have the Deluge remote on multiple machines, debian linux, mint, even W7 and W8.1, and they all connect seamlessly to 2 different Deluge instances running on unraid.

Yes, I use unraid. While I could change to transmission, I wouldn't anytime soon. I like all of my client options with deluge.

Only work is changing your install file to include the extra packages and pip install the modules. The mod install sample I gave is the only difference between your docker and the one I made https://hub.docker.com/r/frozenpine1/arch-flexget-fp/ https://github.com/frozenpine1/arch-flexget-fp 

If you add deluge and rar, I'll switch to just using your docker directly. Otherwise if you want to keep yours transmission only, I completely understand and ill periodically look for your updates and make my mods until I learn how to do a proper fork/pull.

"connect seamlessly to 2 different Deluge instances running on unraid." I'm doing this too.

I don't want to add any extra weight to this. There isn't even a real Transmission install in there, only the RPC connecting to another docker that has the actual Transmission.

What you could do to sort of for mine is have a docker file where the FROM points to mine. That way you only need to add your specific stuff and each time you build my latest version is used as source. 

I like that the remote brings the entire gui to the client. I was not able to find something like that for Deluge  (client needs to run on OSX)

Well, unlike transmission, the deluge remote IS the full GUI. You just point it to either the local instance or the remote instance, whichever suits. There really isn't a separate deluge remote app. You install deluge on the local machine, and point it at the server.
  • 7 months later...

Is it just me or does the container not work? Im getting this in log.

2017-06-05 11:41:17,644 DEBG 'flexget-script' stdout output:
05.06.2017 11:41:17 : Starting DAEMON

2017-06-05 11:41:17,645 INFO success: flexget-script entered RUNNING state, process has stayed up for > than 0 seconds (startsecs)
2017-06-05 11:41:19,901 DEBG 'flexget-script' stdout output:
2017-06-05 11:41 CRITICAL manager [/] The keys `api`, `webui` are not valid here.

2017-06-05 11:41:19,901 DEBG 'flexget-script' stdout output:
2017-06-05 11:41 CRITICAL manager Failed to load config file: Did not pass schema validation.

2017-06-05 11:41:19,901 DEBG 'flexget-script' stderr output:
Could not start manager: Did not pass schema validation.

2017-06-05 11:41:21,795 DEBG 'flexget-script' stdout output:
2017-06-05 11:41 CRITICAL manager [/] The keys `api`, `webui` are not valid here.

2017-06-05 11:41:21,796 DEBG 'flexget-script' stdout output:
2017-06-05 11:41 CRITICAL manager Failed to load config file: Did not pass schema validation.

2017-06-05 11:41:21,796 DEBG 'flexget-script' stderr output:
Could not start manager: Did not pass schema validation.

2017-06-05 11:41:21,901 DEBG fd 8 closed, stopped monitoring <POutputDispatcher at 47863564692728 for <Subprocess at 47863564692368 with name flexget-script in state RUNNING> (stderr)>
2017-06-05 11:41:21,901 DEBG fd 6 closed, stopped monitoring <POutputDispatcher at 47863564692440 for <Subprocess at 47863564692368 with name flexget-script in state RUNNING> (stdout)>
2017-06-05 11:41:21,902 INFO exited: flexget-script (exit status 1; not expected)
2017-06-05 11:41:21,902 DEBG received SIGCLD indicating a child quit

Yes, the config file has to be made by hand to have flexget do anything useful, and be aware that creating a config file is tricky business. There is no gui for the config. 

Depending on what you want to do flexget is probably not going to be user friendly. That being said, check their website for examples and details. 

I actually got the Web UI to load after changing what I THINK were deprecated flexget settings.

My new "empty" config that loads the UI:

web_server:
  bind: 0.0.0.0
  port: 3539
  web_ui: yes

tasks:
 task name:
    rss: http://example.com/torrents.xml
    series:
      - pioneer one
      - some series
    download: /config

Just in case you think the image needs updating. Could just be user error on my part like you said. Also, the WEB_PASSWD variable does not appear to be working. Thanks for all your work on this container!

EDIT: WEB_PASSWD is working, I didnt set a strong enough string

Edited by j123ss
WEB_PASSWD is working, I didnt set a strong enough string
  • Upvote 1
  • 1 month later...

How can I code this properly?

I want to rename any podcast with "Thursday" in the title to Date TMP.
I want to rename any podcast with "Monday" in the title to Date MMP.

How do I successfully apply an if/then statement to execute this? I tried something like this, but of course it didn't work. I am not a programmer :stuck_out_tongue:

Thanks!

web_server:
  bind: 0.0.0.0
  port: 3539
  web_ui: yes

templates:

podcast:
        accept_all: yes
        pathscrub: windows
        limit_new: 1

tasks:

MMP:
    template: podcast
    rss: http://billburr.libsyn.com/rss/
    download: /mnt/user/podcasts/Monday_Morning_Podcast/
    if:
        - "'Monday' in title"
            set:
            filename: "{{ rss_pubdate | formatdate('%Y-%m-%d') }} -  MMP.mp3"
        - "'Thursday' in title"
            set:
            filename: "{{ rss_pubdate | formatdate('%Y-%m-%d') }} -  MMP.mp3"

Edited by bmilcs
  • 4 months later...

Not working.

If this is your first time running the WebUI you need to set a password via the command line by running `flexget web passwd <new_password>`

->

docker exec -ti activ-flexget /bin/bash
[root@978034ffbd5b /]# flexget web passwd flexget
2017-12-17 19:56 CRITICAL manager                       Failed to find configuration file config.yml
2017-12-17 19:56 INFO     manager                       Tried to read from: /, /home/nobody/.flexget, /home/nobody/.config/flexget
Could not instantiate manager: No configuration file found.

• 3 weeks later...
On 17.12.2017 at 7:57 PM, nuhll said:

Not working.

If this is your first time running the WebUI you need to set a password via the command line by running `flexget web passwd <new_password>`

->

docker exec -ti activ-flexget /bin/bash
[root@978034ffbd5b /]# flexget web passwd flexget
2017-12-17 19:56 CRITICAL manager                       Failed to find configuration file config.yml
2017-12-17 19:56 INFO     manager                       Tried to read from: /, /home/nobody/.flexget, /home/nobody/.config/flexget
Could not instantiate manager: No configuration file found.

Same Problem here...

@nuhll Have you found the solution? Or anyone?