Windows 10 and server

Hello everybody

So I've set up the server and the 4 Windows clients on my network can't path to the server, However using file commander on my Android phone I can interact and see the server just fine. Now before you flame me about how there are like 650,000 other threads about this, I myself cannot find them, and I have looked for the past 3 days everything I find either doesn't work or goes over my head so far that I'm left asking, "WTF?"

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk

Hello everybody

So I've set up the server and the 4 Windows clients on my network can't path to the server, However using file commander on my Android phone I can interact and see the server just fine. Now before you flame me about how there are like 650,000 other threads about this, I myself cannot find them, and I have looked for the past 3 days everything I find either doesn't work or goes over my head so far that I'm left asking, "WTF?"

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk

Isn't what he is asking is that he cannot see the Tower in Windows Explorer not the GUI.

A common problem with Windows 10

There is a workaround that requires disabling the newer SAMBA versions on W10. That will make unRaid server appear in Network again. At some point in the near future samba in our Linux is supposed to be version compatible with Microsoft's version. Me I did the fix and be done with it.

Can you please post the fix. Thank you

There is a workaround that requires disabling the newer SAMBA versions on W10. That will make unRaid server appear in Network again. At some point in the near future samba in our Linux is supposed to be version compatible with Microsoft's version. Me I did the fix and be done with it.

Can you please post the fix. Thank you

Near the bottom look for "To disable SMBv2 and SMBv3 on the SMB client, run the following commands:"

Notes

You must run these commands at an elevated command prompt (right-click "run as administrator").

You must restart the computer after you make these changes.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2696547

Do you have openelec running on the same network? Or another Linux machine?

Openelec is set to be the local master by default and so is unraid (I believe) and it causes issues with Linux machines not being visible as network devices in Windows explorer.

I changed openelec to not be local master and now every linux device is visible