ControlR (Android/iOS app for unRAID)

8 minutes ago, wgstarks said:

How do I download from /tmp so I can email it?

So that's why I pointed to /boot :)

There are a couple of options

- From unraid terminal

cp /tmp/controlr.zip /boot/controlr.zip

after that you can access the zip file as it is in your flash drive

- From your PC

cd <any folder you want>
scp <unraid-server>:/tmp/controlr.zip .

For scp, you should use the same syntax as for ssh

Edited by jbrodriguez
5 minutes ago, jbrodriguez said:

So that's why I pointed to /boot :)

There are a couple of options

- From unraid terminal

cp /tmp/controlr.zip /boot/controlr.zip

after that you can access the zip file as it is in your flash drive

- From your PC

cd <any folder you want>

scp <unraid-server>:/tmp/controlr.zip .

For scp, you should use the same syntax as for ssh

root@Brunnhilde:~# cp /tmp/controlr.zip /boot/controlr.zip
bash: gcp: command not found

🙁

UPDATE: I'm still unable to replicate the error.

I upgraded my server to 6.9.2 and tried different scenarios, but I'm still getting into my server.

Now, I'd like to try something else.

If you have the issue and you're on Android, can you send me a dm ? I want to try a new approach.

UPDATE:

@Dantheman has been helping me troubleshoot the issue, along with another user that contacted me via email (don't know your forum handle :))

It's a very weird bug, because I absolutely cannot replicate it locally, but I can see a soft crash in the logs, which is quite elusive at the moment.

We're still testing, let's see how it goes.

UPDATE:

We found the root cause of the issue !!! 🙌

Can't thank enough @Dantheman and Peter (don't have his handle), for the patience and willingness to help me test and troubleshoot.

Thank you !!!!

The root cause is what I had originally thought: Unassigned Devices changed its api in a recent release and that broke the app 😮 😀

I'll be publishing a new release to both stores in the coming hours, although Apple Store generally takes longer to review than Google Store.

I'll post back when they're available.

• Thanks 2

UPDATE:

ControlR iOS is now available on the App Store (give it some time for the rollout to reach your region)

ControlR Android is in review, but should become available shortly now available on the Play Store (give it some time for the rollout to reach your region)

🙌

Edited by jbrodriguez
  • Like 1
  • 1 month later...

I'll be releasing an app upgrade very soon™, which brings some breaking changes, so I wanted to give everyone a quick heads up:

- Requires iOS 11+, dropping support for iOS 9 and 10

This is due to enhancements that will be listed in the release post

Android has no change at the moment (Android 5+, API level 21), but this may change in a future release

- Changes in app permissions

The app will request some additional permissions, related to security features, due to a change in how servers data is stored locally

- User permission system is deprecated

Unraid is basically a single user system (root), creating user permission on top of it is cumbersome

The controlr plugin still presents the ui interface to set permission for dockers and vms, but this will change in an upcoming release

- Some settings have been deprecated

Timeouts when adding servers, how to detect if a server is online or not, background refresh are no longer available due to enhancements, changes in logic and analysis of most used features

These are the most important changes, I'll update the post if I think of something else :)

Edited by jbrodriguez

ControlR 5.0.0 is now available on the App Store and Play Store

This is a complete overhaul of the app, celebrating a great milestone: the 5 year anniversary of ControlR !!!

Among the features, you will find:

- Completely redesigned user experience, supporting the system theme (dark/light), system notch and other device-specific features

- Dockers and Vms have their own page, more real estate to manage them. You can also perform a quick search, useful if you have many dockers/vms.

- Adding a server is now easier, using the avahi(mDNS) service built-in in Unraid servers

- Enhanced privacy: server data is now encrypted with a security key that's stored in each device keychain

- Many other improvements to make the app faster and more responsive

Since this version sports a brand new architecture, you will need to re-add your server(s).

As mentioned in my previous post, remember you require iOS 11+ to run the app (for iPhone users).

Also, if you're interested in knowing the technologies behind ControlR, make sure to check out my article React Native app built with zustand and tailwind

1 hour ago, wgstarks said:

Tried both Discover and Manual, neither seem to work. Just get a spinning wheel. QR code shows that it’s a future feature.

That's odd.

if you try manual, it doesn't show any error at all at the top of the page ?

In Discover, it never stops spinning ? Never shows your server in the list ?

11 minutes ago, jbrodriguez said:

It has a  timeout of ~5 seconds, so not sure why it keeps spinning ?

You're running it inside your LAN right ?

About the logs, you need to have the ControlR plugin installed, can you confirm you have it running ?

It was enabled but not running.🤷🏼‍♂️🤷🏼‍♂️🤷🏼‍♂️
Disabled and re-enabled to get it running. Fixed the log issue but discover is still not working.

6 minutes ago, jbrodriguez said:

Can you restart the controlr plugin and try again ?

Hi, I've tried a restart and a reinstall of the plugin but still the same issue.

I don't use SSL and use port 80 (I'm running 6.9.0)

On the GUI I don't see any dockers or VMs:

image.thumb.png.7b34f58aaadec267942445bdbdf1a4f9.png

Edited by fireplex