ControlR (Android/iOS app for unRAID)

7 hours ago, JWMutant said:

Any way of being able to set dark mode on the app?

The app theme is determined by the operating system, so it will follow any change you make to the system theme.

I will probably look into offering different dark and light themes, so there will be more customization within the app, but there are other things I need to do first.

• Thanks 1
22 minutes ago, wgstarks said:

Discover still doesn’t work for me. It does timeout now though.

Timeout is good ! We have progress :)

In that case it does look like it's not finding the server, I'll look into adding some progress message during discovery to provide some more context.

6 minutes ago, jbrodriguez said:

In that case it does look like it's not finding the server, I'll look into adding some progress message during discovery to provide some more context.

Actually, I may be wrong. I’m connecting to my LAN via OpenVPN and IIRC mDNS isn’t supported so that may be the only reason the server isn’t discovered. I’ll test again this evening when I get home.

It’s me again I’m sorry I only tested what the sleep button said not what it does until I really put my server to sleep ;) 

unfortunately it’s not putting my server into a sleep mode so I went into the log from the app and saw this hope this helps 

C9E1FA86-2A2A-42A0-ADA0-1FF1BBACA58C.jpeg

On 7/22/2021 at 8:18 AM, jbrodriguez said:

On 7/22/2021 at 8:28 AM, wgstarks said:

Actually, I may be wrong. I’m connecting to my LAN via OpenVPN and IIRC mDNS isn’t supported so that may be the only reason the server isn’t discovered. I’ll test again this evening when I get home.

Finally remembered to test this while I was actually physically present on my local network (doesn’t happen often 😏). Discovery worked great. Actually discovered more than I expected.

85413288-3FD7-47B5-8E2E-E6DA7F350B86.thumb.png.c8e53a27ec0221dec4951f65ab19f7bf.png

8 minutes ago, wgstarks said:

Actually discovered more than I expected

😀 the avahi signature of unraid server isn't "customized", it's a generic device_info, and uses XServe as the SMBModel.

Not sure if XServe is specific to Unraid though.

But yeah, you can expect false positives :).

Any idea what that GENMON is though ?

I'd guess it's an emulator of some kind ?

17 hours ago, Slainor said:

sleep problem guy here again ;D is this now a me problem or still from the new redesigned app? 

234BCD91-50EF-4DFE-B818-F4A0439A0F1A.jpeg

Same problem for me although i changed the permissions of the file to 777 there is still no change. On my Android device it works just fine...

Evening all,

I am using the new update for iOS. When I went in and connected to my server again and tapped on one of the dockers, it took me to a page that just said coming soon, so I went back and then tapped the little arrow next to the docker and it took me to the same page. Did I miss something or is has this update neutered the functionality of the app? (That sounds bad, no disrespect meant, just how it feels.)

thanks in advance

1 minute ago, alex165 said:

tapped on one of the dockers, it took me to a page that just said coming soon

Yes, I still need to add a full docker page, where all the functionality will be available, I'll be working on it now that the core  of the app has stabilized.

Compared to the previous version of the app, I think the only thing missing in the current version is opening the webui, but you can start/stop dockers.

The full docker page will contain features not present in the previous version.

11 minutes ago, jbrodriguez said:

Yes, I still need to add a full docker page, where all the functionality will be available, I'll be working on it now that the core  of the app has stabilized.

Compared to the previous version of the app, I think the only thing missing in the current version is opening the webui, but you can start/stop dockers.

The full docker page will contain features not present in the previous version.

What do I need to do to access the web GUI of my dockers? Will the VM’s page have new functionality as well? Such as a direct VNC connection to VM’s that have VNC selected?

3 minutes ago, alex165 said:

What do I need to do to access the web GUI of my dockers?

That's not currently available, although I can add the option in a patch release soon.

4 minutes ago, alex165 said:

Will the VM’s page have new functionality as well?

Yes

4 minutes ago, alex165 said:

Such as a direct VNC connection to VM’s that have VNC selected?

Not sure what will be included, that's mainly the reason I haven't implement that screen yet :). But if it's feasible, I might add it.

10 minutes ago, jbrodriguez said:

That's not currently available, although I can add the option in a patch release soon.

Yes

Not sure what will be included, that's mainly the reason I haven't implement that screen yet :). But if it's feasible, I might add it.

Cool, can’t wait for the new functionality. I do wonder what you were thinking with releasing this new version that cannot do anything other than start or stop dockers and the array, while you work on the new version? Not hating I promise, I know it may sound that way, just trying to understand this decision.

I am a software dev by trade, so it makes no sense to me.