ControlR (Android/iOS app for unRAID)

• 3 weeks later...

I have the plugin enabled and the app works, however I don't see my UPS and the log section is empty. I made sure the plugin is enabled in my server settings as well. I don't see temperatures or fans either so I figured if works as if the plugin wasn't installed. What's wrong?

Also, any plan to add notifications? I tested another app called Array that currently has notifications and UPS data with no plugin. The UI of ControlR is just miles ahead however and I need the support for multiple servers as well. Honestly the notifications is the only thing missing from ControlR IMO. 

Edited by dnLL
2 hours ago, dnLL said:

I have the plugin enabled and the app works, however I don't see my UPS and the log section is empty. I made sure the plugin is enabled in my server settings as well. I don't see temperatures or fans either so I figured if works as if the plugin wasn't installed. What's wrong?

Also, any plan to add notifications? I tested another app called Array that currently has notifications and UPS data with no plugin. The UI of ControlR is just miles ahead however and I need the support for multiple servers as well. Honestly the notifications is the only thing missing from ControlR IMO. 

I restarted the plugin and it now works. Any plan to add notifications?

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/17/2017 at 10:52 PM, jbrodriguez said:

Doesn't like my app ????? The nerve some kids have these days ! :D

I'll check the user script plugin to see can what can be done in the app.

Are there any updates about the user-script thing ? I just installed the app and hoped that the 5 Year old request is solved , but cant find a function for starting/stopping user scripts...

Best regards, Mathias

• 9 months later...

Hi, i purchased the app few month ago , since it was not working i decide to delete to try to install again but i no longer available on the IOS store , i use Italian Store.

i still have installed on my ipad but when i am trying to connect said: unable to add server code 2301, unable to fetch 

Hi, I've bought this app a few days ago and it is working quite fine. Had some problems with autoinstalling my two servers, but with https / port 80 (with 443 it was just loading and loading) setting it did actually work.

My question is about the WOL feature. Unfortunatelly, when my server is in sleep mode, when I press the "power on" button, it just says something, that I have to wait until the command finishes, but the server doesn't start. Does anyone know what is the reason and how to fix it?

Here is my setup:

S3 settings:

grafik.thumb.png.9be1482ecc24d2979e9e31127c7c1aba.png

BIOS settings (MSI Motherboard - checked online what settings have to be modified in order to get WOL working):

ERP ready -> Disabled

Resume by PCI-E Device -> Enabled

grafik.thumb.png.a8cebec470d6cd1f2455efb227db1d7c.png

Then I've checked this video (Setting Up Wake-On-LAN with MSI Motherboard and Linux):

And inside Linux he is using commands like

* sudo apt install ethtool

I've done ethtool -h on the console, and got result, so I think it is already installed and skipped this step

* ip address

In order to find the correct adapter name. In my case I have dozens of them, but it seems that br0 is the correct one (is at least the one which is showing the IPv4 of the server

* then he uses "sudo ethtool [NAME OF THE ADAPTER] | grep Wake-on

grafik.thumb.png.d66ce749915bc8ba8e950c8041ab2de0.png

and he sees which states are supported and what is set.

When I do it, i don't get any results:

grafik.png.4bff77d1329eae3db32fd53e6e6e2013.png

But on the other hand, I don't know what is "normal" for unraid, and maybe this is something the ControlR Plugin and app is handling?

grafik.thumb.png.b2b61e3c22dd122a04e0ec267d1b2a27.png

Thanks for any advices.

Cheers

EDIT SOLUTION:

Alright, I've managed to finally find the reason and solution. Luckily I stumbled upon this post: https://wiki.unraid.net/Setup_Sleep_(S3)_and_Wake_on_Lan_(WOL)

The WOL feature is running in unraid on module eth0 and not br0.

If you type "ethtool eth0" you'll see if your Wake-on is actually on and in addition what ckind of Wake-on are supported. It has to be a "g" as in f.e. pumbg listed. Each letter represents a wakeup option.

In my case I had Wake-on for eth0 on "d" for disabled (I guess). It can be switched with this command "ethtool -s eth0 wol g" (g stands for magic packet). After sleep and wake-up, this "g" persisted.

Edit - Edit: it did not persisted after reboot of the unraid system. so a script has to be added which will "reactivate" wake-up - g each new boot, but in your case it might work just fine. I've solved it with a custom script plugin which run's this "ethtool -s eto0 wol g" command at array start, which should mostly be when the server reboots.

grafik.thumb.png.fa9de17b4714d669e8ac413f7fde1839.png

P.S. I don't know if "module" is the correct name (for eth0, br0), but the guy in the video used it, so I'm just using it too.

Edited by Doublemyst
Added solution
  • 1 month later...
3 minutes ago, jbrodriguez said:

Hi everyone,

I have great news !!!

There's a #CyberMonday sale 2022 !!

This November 28th, the ControlR app is only $2.99

Check it out https://apertoire.com/controlr/ 

Make sure to get your copy :)

Hi Rodriguez,

Does this mean, that there will be support / updates for the app, or is it just a sale of a dying application?

Edited by Doublemyst
1 minute ago, jbrodriguez said:

The app isn't abandoned, it just still works with the latest unraid versions, i use it daily on my unraid server.

I will release a new version, mostly upgrading libraries and such

Ah, thanks for the reply. This is changing the whole thing drasticly. Is there maybe a roadmap for new features? For example to force stop a VM (like my issue post today)?

13 minutes ago, Doublemyst said:

Ah, thanks for the reply. This is changing the whole thing drasticly. Is there maybe a roadmap for new features? For example to force stop a VM (like my issue post today)?

if the web ui offers that option, it should be available in the app, if it's not in the app, it shouldn't be too much of a problem to add it

2 minutes ago, jbrodriguez said:

if the web ui offers that option, it should be available in the app, if it's not in the app, it shouldn't be too much of a problem to add it

Ah great, yes it is in the webUI but not in the app. In this case I'll just wait for the next release.

Edited by Doublemyst
On 3/17/2017 at 7:31 PM, kizer said:

@jbrodriguez My son has decided he doesn't like your app. He was giving me some lip so I threatened to shut off Plex. *Click* Plex Docker was shut off from the comfort of my couch and no more videos for him off the Network. :D

Would it be possible for ControlR to be updated and access the user script plugin so we could run custom user scripts from the app? Maybe even a on/off from within the app settings to connect to them for those who don't use custom user scripts?

Any update on this topic? :)

On 12/11/2022 at 5:23 AM, bluuurb said:

Any update on this topic? :)

hi, i'm updating controlr as we speak, i'm close to releasing a new version (certainly after the holidays), but still need to fix one issue, if it turns out to be too problematic, i'll probably drop it (the ability to add a server via scanning a qrcode)

i'll take a look at how the user scripts plugin work, if it's easy to implement i'll add it

On 11/23/2022 at 7:55 AM, Doublemyst said:

Ah great, yes it is in the webUI but not in the app. In this case I'll just wait for the next release.

i was checking the code and that functionality is there, but it's named `destroy` (the name Unraid uses for it internally), i'm changing the label to force stop, can you check if you have a `destroy` icon when the vm is running ? 

34 minutes ago, jbrodriguez said:

i was checking the code and that functionality is there, but it's named `destroy` (the name Unraid uses for it internally), i'm changing the label to force stop, can you check if you have a `destroy` icon when the vm is running ? 

Hi

Thanks for update and reply. Unfortunately I don't have neither destroy, nor force stop -> destroy would be fine too. I am using Android version.

grafik.png.565465b54f08b0c87a6bc51c525d18e2.png

When I click on VM details, I got this message:

grafik.thumb.png.1e10235bd40f0f1d341afd512b78ae3d.png

P.S. If we are already doing the app better - is there a chance you could add the docker "check for Updates" and "update all containers" buttons? Would be awesome for remote updating your server.

14 minutes ago, Doublemyst said:

.S. If we are already doing the app better - is there a chance you could add the docker "check for Updates" and "update all containers" buttons? Would be awesome for remote updating your server.

the thing about these functionalities is that it's not easy to trigger them  outside of a browser environment, php is doing all the hard work, both running the commands and displaying the progress.

that is difficult to replicate from the "outside looking in"

there's only way that might make it approachable, but i can't tell for sure if it will work, i'll take a look in the coming days