ControlR (Android/iOS app for unRAID)

1 hour ago, jbrodriguez said:

hi, i'm updating controlr as we speak, i'm close to releasing a new version (certainly after the holidays), but still need to fix one issue, if it turns out to be too problematic, i'll probably drop it (the ability to add a server via scanning a qrcode)

i'll take a look at how the user scripts plugin work, if it's easy to implement i'll add it

i checked user script and i find a similar issue as with running "check updates/update all" for dockers, user scripts is managing the execution of server scripts via php, which includes triggering the scripts and displaying the results.

there's only one possible way i can think of doing this, i will take a look in the coming days

Edited by jbrodriguez
  • Thanks 1

i'll probably release the app next week.

i tried to plainly embed unraid into the mobile app (for the user scripts use case), but that's too crude 

the more elegant way to do this would be to write a bridge api in the controlr plugin, however that would take more time than i can currently spend on it 😐

happy holidays !! 🎄

Simulator Screen Shot - iPhone 14 Pro Max - 2022-12-25 at 08.38.42.png

59 minutes ago, jbrodriguez said:

ControlR 5.2.0 is available on Apple and Google stores !

v5.2.0
- Restore force stop for VMs

- Upgraded base libraries

Hi, thanks for the Update. I tried the force stop function for VM and the app crashes each time I press it.

Here the automatic log report from crash:

com.facebook.react.common.JavascriptException: TypeError: undefined is not a function, js engine: hermes, stack:
anonymous@1:1760617
_performTransitionSideEffects@1:350396
_receiveSignal@1:349984
onResponderRelease@1:348798
invokeGuardedCallbackImpl@1:93556
invokeGuardedCallback@1:93613
invokeGuardedCallbackAndCatchFirstError@1:93645
executeDispatch@1:93777
executeDispatchesAndReleaseTopLevel@1:98028
forEachAccumulated@1:95275
anonymous@1:98380
batchedUpdatesImpl@1:157211
batchedUpdates@1:97948
_receiveRootNodeIDEvent@1:98221
receiveTouches@1:152046
__callFunction@1:81649
anonymous@1:80058
__guard@1:81008
callFunctionReturnFlushedQueue@1:80016
	at com.facebook.react.modules.core.ExceptionsManagerModule.reportException(ExceptionsManagerModule.java:72)
	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method)
	at com.facebook.react.bridge.JavaMethodWrapper.invoke(JavaMethodWrapper.java:372)
	at com.facebook.react.bridge.JavaModuleWrapper.invoke(JavaModuleWrapper.java:188)
	at com.facebook.jni.NativeRunnable.run(Native Method)
	at android.os.Handler.handleCallback(Handler.java:914)
	at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:100)
	at com.facebook.react.bridge.queue.MessageQueueThreadHandler.dispatchMessage(MessageQueueThreadHandler.java:27)
	at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:224)
	at com.facebook.react.bridge.queue.MessageQueueThreadImpl$4.run(MessageQueueThreadImpl.java:228)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:919)

Don't know what this Facebook is all about, I don't even have Facebook.

5 minutes ago, Doublemyst said:

Hi, thanks for the Update. I tried the force stop function for VM and the app crashes each time I press it.

Here the automatic log report from crash:

com.facebook.react.common.JavascriptException: TypeError: undefined is not a function, js engine: hermes, stack:

Don't know what this Facebook is all about, I don't even have Facebook.

hi thanks for the report, i'll take a look.

the app is built with react native (a facebook/meta framework), that's the reason for the facebook reference

Hello, just brought Controlr and here are the first qwirks I came across.

On the main page of my server, if I switch the rocker "I want to do this" in the Array part, the app crash directly.
I can stop the array without switching the rocker and I expect it's not the right behaviour.

I saw in Companion the UPS part and activated it but I can't see anything related to it in Controlr.

I'm looking forward for futurs updates.

Controlr version 5.2.1
Companion version 4.0.0
Android version 10Screenshot_20221231-135249.jpg

Envoyé de mon S88Plus en utilisant Tapatalk

6 minutes ago, luzankia said:

Hello, just brought Controlr and here are the first qwirks I came across.

On the main page of my server, if I switch the rocker "I want to do this" in the Array part, the app crash directly.
I can stop the array without switching the rocker and I expect it's not the right behaviour.

I saw in Companion the UPS part and activated it but I can't see anything related to it in Controlr.

I'm looking forward for futurs updates.

Controlr version 5.2.1
Companion version 4.0.0
Android version 10Screenshot_20221231-135249.jpg

Envoyé de mon S88Plus en utilisant Tapatalk

hi, thanks for the report ! i'll take a look

• 2 months later...

Hello @jbrodriguez!

Thanks for a very useful plugin. I'd like to ask for two things. 

1. Can you publish the plugin in app store for European countries please? I can only find it in the US store. I don't know the reasoning behind it being inaccessible for EU users. Feel free to ask me (pm) questions on data privacy if that is an issue. I've quite a bit of experience with that.
  2. Suggestion: it would be a good thing to have a note on the Logs page if the user doesn't have the ControlR plugin installed or enabled. It took me a while to realize that this was a requirement for Logs to work. 

Thanks a bunch!

On 3/6/2023 at 3:59 PM, FredrikJL said:

Can you publish the plugin in app store for European countries please?

you mean the plugin or the app ?

the app is available on eu stores, are you using android or ios ? i will double check regardless

thanks for the data privacy support, i do have a privacy page which should be gdpr compliant, unless something changed lately.

as for the plugin, it's available from the community app, so it shouldn't matter where you're located

with regards to the suggestion about the note in the Logs (and i think other pages), you're totally right, i'll look into adding some instructions there.

On 3/7/2023 at 10:04 PM, jbrodriguez said:

you mean the plugin or the app ?

Sorry, I was referring to the App on Apple devices. Your comment sparked some troubleshooting on my end. The app IS in fact available in the EU (more precisely Sweden), as well as in the US and Canada. It is easily found on appstore in US and Canada. For some reason though, it cannot be found by searching in the Swedish app store. If you happen to search in your browser (by not using Google) you get the link to the appstore and ta-da, there it is, in the Swedish store as well. 

So there seems to be something fishy with AppStore, Sweden and this app.

tl;dr It is available, just quite tricky to find. 

Thanks for a great little app!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
13 hours ago, mjeshurun said:

Hi @jbrodriguez,

Is the Feature Request Forum down? 

I wanted to see what the requested features list includes, but all I see is a web page saying "Loading".

hi thanks for the ping about this ! as a matter of fact, i realize now that i haven't heard from that site in a while 😀

i'll take a look at what can be happening, i don't think i have a duplicate of that list though :(

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
18 hours ago, dvbenthem said:

Hello @jbrodriguez,

I just downloaded the ControlR app. But i can not find settings in the app. Like for changing dark mode, textsize...etc..

Can you help me with my issue?

Best regards,

Danny

hi, the app uses the system theme, as for text size it was available in an old version of the app, i removed it because it also uses basically system text size

• Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi, since the update, my servers, which were configured and working, aren't displayed anymore and I can't add them again. They are found in the auto-discovery, but even if I add the root user / password, no connection is established (endless loading symbol).

Edit: Also the manual adding didn't work.

Edited by Doublemyst