ControlR (Android/iOS app for unRAID)

-2 I'm not seeing it. Bigger screens guys  ;D

I've got 5.5" screen with a resolution of 2560 x 1440 if that helps.

Eh... Smaller then  ::)

Well, seeing as you didn't say how big your screen was I couldn't say, but figured it might help in troubleshooting.....  ???

Odd, as my nexus 6 has the same resolution (2560x1440) and I don't have this issue either. Maybe it is related to the DPI setting by default on your phone?

By Jove Man! That's got it!

That has actually fixed the issue with TB not being displayed and with the docker icon.  I changed the font from medium (default) to small and both issues are gone.  I actually prefer the font small as well which is a bonus.  ;D

Changing font size is not an acceptable workaround. Having said that, it is also not an important issue.

Without knowing the background of Android dev I wouldn't want to condemn anyone for anything, whilst I don't disagree with what you're saying.  As an end user, this solution is perfectly acceptable for me, at least for the next few years until my eyesight goes the same way as my hair.....  ::)

Changing font size is not an acceptable workaround. Having said that, it is also not an important issue.

Without knowing the background of Android dev I wouldn't want to condemn anyone for anything, whilst I don't disagree with what you're saying.  As an end user, this solution is perfectly acceptable for me, at least for the next few years until my eyesight goes the same way as my hair.....  ::)

Not sure if you think I was condemning anyone or not, but I wasn't. Changing the global font size on the phone is not going to work for many people though. Take it from me, those next few years will be here before you know it.

Having a setting within the app for font size for the app might work though.

Not sure if you think I was condemning anyone or not, but I wasn't.

I didn't actually mean it how it might have sounded, Sorry about that mate and I didn't think you were condemning anyone at all.

Take it from me, those next few years will be here before you know it.

Great, something else to look forward to!  ;D

Changing the global font size on the phone is not going to work for many people though. 

Having a setting within the app for font size for the app might work though.

Well I think at least now we've worked out the cause it should make a solution that works for all easier to find hopefully.

Thanks for all the comments guys !

The DPI/font size thing really helps in looking for a solution.

Not sure yet on how to solve it, but at least I know how to approach the issue.

I also want to give thanks for all the ratings on the Play Store, I really appreciate them.

By Jove Man! That's got it!

Quit talking funny...  :P

Glad it helped!

The DPI/font size thing really helps in looking for a solution.

Not sure yet on how to solve it, but at least I know how to approach the issue.

Is there a way to program this to dynamically resize based on DPI/resolution?

If so while I'd assume it would be a pain, it would likely resolve any further issues that may crop up from variations within Android phones (which as we know has quite the variety).

Is there a way to program this to dynamically resize based on DPI/resolution?

If so while I'd assume it would be a pain, it would likely resolve any further issues that may crop up from variations within Android phones (which as we know has quite the variety).

Yes, that's the way to go, I'll be testing a couple of ideas.

I'll publish a release for the issues mentioned by MyKroFt, then work on this before diving into user permissions.

I've published 1.4.1

- It's no longer required to list dockers/vms in the Dashboard

- Fix bug in disk size display

- Bug fixes and improvements

With regards to the first item, when I tried it reading separately from /Dockers and /VMs the app had a different architecture, which made it kind of difficult. Now it's easy to do this.

As for the second item, I think this is now as close to unRAID as possible. There may be some differences, but I'd chalk them up to PHP vs Java functions.

Hey Guys! This is my first time posting to this forum, or any lime tech forum.  Haven't needed to until now.  So i downloaded this app earlier today and cannot get it to connect to my server...i must be running the latest version of the app and my unRaid server version is: 6.2.0 rc2  My phone is a huawei honor 5x running lollipop 5.1.1

Any ideas guys?

:)

Hey Guys! This is my first time posting to this forum, or any lime tech forum.  Haven't needed to until now.  So i downloaded this app earlier today and cannot get it to connect to my server...i must be running the latest version of the app and my unRaid server version is: 6.2.0 rc2  My phone is a huawei honor 5x running lollipop 5.1.1

Any ideas guys?

Have you read the rest of this thread? What have you tried?

Any ideas guys?

I suspect that the unraid server is answering too slow, so you need to adjust the delay in controlr settings. It's explained earlier in this thread as per trurls advice.

Any ideas guys?

I suspect that the unraid server is answering too slow, so you need to adjust the delay in controlr settings. It's explained earlier in this thread as per trurls advice.

I have tried to adjust the time settings...i changed the manual to 20000 ms and the auto to 10000 ms my unraid server ip is static at 192.168.1.xxx so i dont know what eles to try...do i need to open a port on my unraid server or something?

I have tried to adjust the time settings...i changed the manual to 20000 ms and the auto to 10000 ms my unraid server ip is static at 192.168.1.xxx so i dont know what eles to try...do i need to open a port on my unraid server or something?

Hi PieQuest, adjusting timeout settings should have solved it.

I'll ask you for some info over pm, to try and find out what could be the issue.

I love you jbrodriguez! been waiting for an android app forever!

Brad just let me onto this app and I have to say it looks fantastic.  I am certainly a big +1 for iOS support as I do not use android and have reflected as such on your feedback Forum.

I did notice that you mention your focus is Android as there is already an iOS app? That there may be, but yours seems to be head light years ahead! I would certainly pay for your app for iOS.

Congratulations on a great development!

I love you jbrodriguez! been waiting for an android app forever!

Brad just let me onto this app and I have to say it looks fantastic.  I am certainly a big +1 for iOS support as I do not use android and have reflected as such on your feedback Forum.

I did notice that you mention your focus is Android as there is already an iOS app? That there may be, but yours seems to be head light years ahead! I would certainly pay for your app for iOS.

Congratulations on a great development!

Thanks for your comments danioj !

I'll be looking into an iOS version.

Some feedback from my side.

I had some problems to find my password protected server.

Checked manually but did not enter the credentials since it says "optional".

Of course, no server was found. Maybe "optional" should be called "if set" or something like that?

The automatic discovery also did not return anything because of the missing credentials.

Maybe there is a way to provide some feedback if the server is found, but password is necessary?

When using the dark theme, the input boxes are unrecognizeable since they have the same

color as the background.

Feature request:

Can we have an icon in the top bar to show the server status (online/offline/warning) as long as the app

is running? Maybe color coded red/green/yellow?

Numbers if there are multiple servers alive?

Some feedback from my side.

I had some problems to find my password protected server.

Checked manually but did not enter the credentials since it says "optional".

Of course, no server was found. Maybe "optional" should be called "if set" or something like that?

The automatic discovery also did not return anything because of the missing credentials.

Maybe there is a way to provide some feedback if the server is found, but password is necessary?

When using the dark theme, the input boxes are unrecognizeable since they have the same

color as the background.

Feature request:

Can we have an icon in the top bar to show the server status (online/offline/warning) as long as the app

is running? Maybe color coded red/green/yellow?

Numbers if there are multiple servers alive?

Thanks for your comments Fireball3 !

I've made some changes to the input form colors, it should address what you mentioned.

I'll look into your other suggestions for a release after the next.