ControlR (Android/iOS app for unRAID)

I've pushed v2.1.2, as an OTA release.

Now, to delete a server, press on the minus icon on the top left of your server. The swipe to delete functionality was removed due to a conflict when selecting a server (on Android).

Also in this release:

- Fix for servers disappearing on the main page, under some circumstances (iOS)

- General improvements

On Android, when tapping a server to go the details page, the swipe to delete feature was generating a conflict, so I removed it in both platforms (to maintain a uniform UI).

This works well with devices on Android 5.x+.

For devices on Android 4.x+, I enabled a setting to use the swipe to delete feature (based on an alternative library), which for some reason seems more reliable on those versions.

For iOS, this release includes a fix for the server disappearing on the main page (under some conditions).

Thanks to interwebtech and trurl, for helping me debug the server press issue.

Finally, in a previous post, I forgot to mention a docker openvpn solution for unRAID: Linuxserver.io OpenVPN-AS.

on 2.1.2 build, I am unable to scroll/swipe to the bottom of the Settings page. I can barely see top edge of "Open Source Libraries" and can tap it and that subsequent page is fully scrollable. Cosmetic but though you would want to know.

on 2.1.2 build, I am unable to scroll/swipe to the bottom of the Settings page. I can barely see top edge of "Open Source Libraries" and can tap it and that subsequent page is fully scrollable. Cosmetic but though you would want to know.

Thanks interwebtech !

I'll take a look.

interwebtech, I changed the layout a bit, I think this is fixed now.

I had some reports about dockers/vms not appearing ... it was solved by deleting the app (cache, data, etc) and reinstalling. Not exactly sure what was going on, but reinstalling fixed it.

As of now, the app seems to be quite stable (both on Android and iOS).

I'll give it the weekend, then I'll update about development direction :)

And still no remote access, to be straightforward ... I'm looking at implementations, but nothing is really easy to be honest, it still seems quite far away.

A good weekend to you all !

I just purchased for iOS as well. Not that I needed it but like others, I wanted to support the development of this app.

I wasn't able to add anything automatically but typing in just the IP and nothing else other than the previous filled port 80, it found it right away. I'm running unRAID 6.2.1 and App Ver 2.1.2 on iOS 10.0.1.

Other than that, lookin good :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just purchased for iOS as well. Not that I needed it but like others, I wanted to support the development of this app.

I wasn't able to add anything automatically but typing in just the IP and nothing else other than the previous filled port 80, it found it right away. I'm running unRAID 6.2.1 and App Ver 2.1.2 on iOS 10.0.1.

Other than that, lookin good :)

Thanks CyberSkulls !

I'll check the code for automatic, I had some other reports about it not working (but manually did).

Just an FYI, I removed my server and tried the auto find feature again and this time it found it without issue. So I know that's going to be very difficult to track down as it's not 100% repeatable 100% of the time.

Now quit reading these forum posts and go add some features to this app that will blow our minds :)

I was wondering if there might be any way to view logs using this app?    At the moment I am particularly interested in some docker logs, but at other times a VM log or the syslog would also be convenient to view.

I know I can work around this by switching to a browser but thought it would be a nice feature if I did not need to do so.

Just an FYI, I removed my server and tried the auto find feature again and this time it found it without issue. So I know that's going to be very difficult to track down as it's not 100% repeatable 100% of the time.

Now quit reading these forum posts and go add some features to this app that will blow our minds :)

Thanks for your words CyberSkulls !!

You're right, I can't quite replicate issues with auto discovery.

I've made a little change to how the timeout feature works, I hope it works better this way.

I was wondering if there might be any way to view logs using this app?    At the moment I am particularly interested in some docker logs, but at other times a VM log or the syslog would also be convenient to view.

I know I can work around this by switching to a browser but thought it would be a nice feature if I did not need to do so.

Hi itimpi, I'm finishing a ControlR plugin mainly to manage user permissions from a GUI.

It's probable that the app will have an optional dependency on the plugin to show logs: if the plugin is there, logs, if it's not, no logs :)

I'll finish the plugin then look into it in more detail.

just purchased, would not connect automatically on my old LG Flex but manual connection worked fine, look forward to exploring usefulness further

Thanks anonomouse !

In addition to the small change I'm doing to auto discovery, I believe the timeout setting may be too small in some cases.

I'll publish a new release, hopefully it works better.

Purchased but unfortunately couldnt fibd my servers either auto or manually. I was sitting 10ft from router at the time. Refund actioned aok. Any ideas why not?

<edit>

I re-ordered the app after reading through this whole support thread and after increasing timeout dramatically managed to manually add my servers so all good so far.

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk