ControlR (Android/iOS app for unRAID)

On 9/20/2018 at 6:53 PM, FreeMan said:

6) I access the server by hostname

22 hours ago, jbrodriguez said:

If it doesn't work, can you try adding it by ip address, just to test ?

I think I may not have been that clear on this point. When I access the server from my browser I simply have "backup/main" in the address bar. However, I'm not able to access it by name from the ControlR app. I can only access it by IP address.

Additionally, the "Automatic" add doesn't detect the server any way I've configured it. I've tried:

Port: 80

Username: x

Password: ***

Secure: (off)

and

Port: 443

Secure: (on)

Both settings end up taking me to the detail screen for my primary server (which was already added to the app) after a couple of seconds. Returning to the servers listing shows only the primary server.

Attempting a manual add, the IP Address/Hostname field is pre-filled with what I believe is an IPV6 address followed by "%wlan0". I'm not using IPV6 on my network yet, so I'm not entirely certain what that all represents. I've configured the manual add screen as follows:

IP/Host: 192.168.1.9

Port: 80

Server Name: Backup

Secure: (off)

When I use this, it connects immediately and gives me details about the server but no logs. When I attempt to use this:

It doesn't connect to the server at all and again takes me directly to the detail screen for my primary server (as noted above).

If I try manually adding with these settings:

IP/Host: Backup

Server Name: <blank>

I get a red error message under the IP field "Please enter a valid IP address / Hostname" and that's as far as I can go.

The app pre-fills the ip/hostname field with what it believes to be the device's ip address.

Are you on Android or iOS ?

Can you try a debug connection on your backup server ?

- Go to Settings > Credits

- After the react native credits, you’ll find a debug button, hit it once (counter should read 1)

- Now try connecting manually (you should see a ‘debug initialized ‘ message at the bottom)

- It should go back to the main screen

- Go to manual add again

- It should be displaying some debug message

- Take a screenshot and send it over (pm if you prefer)

In any case, I'll rework a bit the plugin so that it works regardless of protocol.

Hi, just bought the app and I'm struggling to add my server. I can access unraids webUI from my phone in its current environment. Just updated to 6.6.0, but this issue also affected the previous version.

Adding the server using http manually, causes the following debug info (what I think are the relevant bits, if the full thing is needed I'll get you that later on).

failed to connect to <unraid server ip>:2382

The server error information below this seems to be getting a http 401, with the body html returning mentioning nginx. 

From what I've read, thats the port the plugin listens on. I tried installing the plugin, and yet the situation is the same. 

Edited by AndyGJ
On 9/22/2018 at 5:25 PM, FreeMan said:

@jbrodriguez here are the results of the debug session on my android phone.

Hi, there's something other than the webGUI answering on port 443 of that server.

If you debug adding the main server securely on 443, do you get the same error ?

Is there any redirection of port 443 happening on your lan ?

1 hour ago, AndyGJ said:

Adding the server using http manually

Are you adding it using port 80 or 2382 ?

If it's the former, now that you installed the plugin, can you debug the connection process again and show me me error screenshot ?

Are you running a reverse proxy, doing some port redirection on the server ?

Hi, there's something other than the webGUI answering on port 443 of that server.

If you debug adding the main server securely on 443, do you get the same error ?

It looks to be the same error.

This is a fresh install that's still on a trial license. The only thing I can think of that would come close to interfering with 443 would be the proFTPd plug in, but that shouldn't have anything to do with it at all (it's on port 22).

I've got several Dynamix plug in, and I'm running the duckDNS docker to update my dynamic dns and that's about it. I can upload a full diagnostic when I get home this evening, or you can check out the one I attached to a new issue I posted in General Support last evening (roughly 23:00 UTC) nothing has changed set up wise since then. 782b7c867746f2d980ed2d50ee81d456.jpg

Sent from Tapatalk

1 hour ago, jbrodriguez said:

Are you expecting that only the web gui should be intercepting port 443? If so that isn't a good assumption I think. I am running the unRAID on port 80, with 443 being reverse proxied to a bunch of stuff.

57 minutes ago, jbrodriguez said:

Are you adding it using port 80 or 2382 ?

If it's the former, now that you installed the plugin, can you debug the connection process again and show me me error screenshot ?

Are you running a reverse proxy, doing some port redirection on the server ?

This is with the port box saying 80, but to try and give an extra option this is the result of two attempts, one with port 80 which I would expect would work, and one with it set to 443 just to see if it alters the debug.

Pretty weird, its as if the port box is being ignored. I'm guessing I'm doing something dumb here!

No reverse proxy, no port redirection. No docker containers listening on that port either, and I can load the unraid UI on port 80 before and after running this debug. 

Screenshot_20180927-141020.jpg

31 minutes ago, planetwilson said:

Are you expecting that only the web gui should be intercepting port 443? If so that isn't a good assumption I think. I am running the unRAID on port 80, with 443 being reverse proxied to a bunch of stuff.

Okay I managed to fix this. Even though my server was set to SSL -> No. The box for the SSL port was greyed out but had a value of 8443 in it. This is used in my nginx config (for boring reasons) and so some sort of conflict must be happening even though I have SSL set to No. I set it back to Auto, this enabled the box, changed the SSL port to something not used anywhere and then set SSL back to No. All working now.

Edited by planetwilson
6 hours ago, FreeMan said:

The only thing I can think of that would come close to interfering with 443 would be the proFTPd plug in

Is it possible you have an ip clash ?

192.168.1.9 may be actually reaching the main server ? or something else on your lan ?

I don't think the server itself is the issue, I think maybe you have some rules set up in your router ?

P.D: or perhaps something like planetwilson mentioned ?

Edited by jbrodriguez

Is it possible you have an ip clash ?

192.168.1.9 may be actually reaching the main server ? or something else on your lan ?

I don't think the server itself is the issue, I think maybe you have some rules set up in your router ?

P.D: or perhaps something like planetwilson mentioned ?

I'm quite certain they are no IP clashes, but I'll double check when I'm home. I'm pretty sure I pinged it by name and got the correct IP back, but I'll confirm.

I've got a port forward from 22222 to 22 on 1.9 so I can access it from outside, but that should be the only thing on the router. Again, I'll confirm.

Thanks for continuing to look...

Sent from Tapatalk

13 hours ago, Vitor Ventura said:

but i can only connect with root user

Thanks for reminding me about this.

You can connect with other users but you need to use the root password (this is due to how Unraid currently operates).

I have to update the FAQ to inform about this properly.

About the docker operation, the latest app release I'm about to publish adds support for 6.6.x

9 minutes ago, jbrodriguez said:

Thanks for reminding me about this.

You can connect with other users but you need to use the root password (this is due to how Unraid currently operates).

I have to update the FAQ to inform about this properly.

About the docker operation, the latest app release I'm about to publish adds support for 6.6.x

Hi there,

Thanks, works flawless.

Waiting for the lastest app, to work better with docker.

Many thanks, for your fast answer.

v4.3.0 is available on the App Store / Play Store !

This release adds support for Unraid 6.6 (docker operations).

Additionally, it improves the connection logic with the companion plugin.

Finally, an icon is now shown next to the server name, to identify if it was added via http or https.

Make sure to upgrade the ControlR plugin to the latest version as well.

v4.3.0 is available on the App Store / Play Store !

This release adds support for Unraid 6.6 (docker operations).
Additionally, it improves the connection logic with the companion plugin.
Finally, an icon is now shown next to the server name, to identify if it was added via http or https.

Make sure to upgrade the ControlR plugin to the latest version as well.
Thanks for the update.
Now, everything is working via controlr app. Thanks

A must have app for unraid.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...