ControlR (Android/iOS app for unRAID)

1 hour ago, jbrodriguez said:

Right, I'm going to raise those element's brightness a bit.

Excellent!

Also, after having just taken a look at the changes Squid made to CA, please - I beg you - please don't succumb to the "everything has to be monochrome" design theory!!!  I really, really like the fact that I can find ControlR by the 4 red Cs, simply by seeing the color, instead of having to examine every icon to see which of the 10 blue ones it is that I'm looking for.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

v4.8.0 is available on the App Store / Play Store !

This release brings some improvements / bug fixes:

- Support 6.7.0-rc6
- Support pause / resume parity feature
- Adjust brightness (TrueBlack theme)
- Change app permissions parsing logic
- Completely drop 6.1.x support
- Fix issue with Auto Refresh
- Fix 6.4.x ops support

Make sure to update the ControlR plugin (v2019.03.28)

NOTES:

There was still some code related to v6.1.x which I've completely removed.

The app strictly support 6.2.x+ from now on.

@jbrodriguez I've updated the unraid plugin and the android app and I can't add a server in the app. 

image.png.da00fd3630fbdaef8ff8fb37188f23a0.png

Open webui leads me to the webinterface as normal. Accessible via IP or local domain name. Port automatically switches to 2379 in the browser. Login as root is working. On my phone I put in the IP of Unraid the port 2378 specified in the plugin, root and password and it doesn't add the server. Discover also brings up no server. Same for turning on/off https in the app or changing the port to 2379. Entering the local domain name, same issue. 

Edit:

Webinterface is accessible from my phone

Edited by bastl

@jbrodriguez Damn it, it always confuses me. Selecting 443 as port and the login as root and it is working. But how do I connect as a none root user now? In the web UI the permission configuration for some dockers and VMs are set to "read" and "exec" for a specific user, but the login in doesn't work for that user in the app. Username and password is the one which is set up in Unraids user settings, right? I remember it worked in older builds besides some strange issues with the checkboxes jumping around. I've reported that issue to you couple weeks ago. Now the mini game is gone but only root can login. 🤨

The permission I've set are now visible in the description of that specific user in Unraids user management. Not sure if it's supposed to be that way.

image.png.5c7882bebd8fcf5342a91c9862e0269d.png

Only the root password works, because currently root is the only 'true' user: no other user can login in an Unraid system.

It has always been like this.

Check the faq (https://www.apertoire.com/faq/controlr/), section "I’m having issues accessing the app with any user other than root".

So you need to add the server with 'other' user, and the root password.

The permissions currently live in the user description, since root owns the system (no other user can login).

I'll eventually change this in a future version.

Edited by jbrodriguez

Just tried to access the dockers on my phone and its saying I don't have any dockers.

I logged into the GUI and went into settings and well I can't seem to enable/disable dockers/VM's.

READ:User can see the docker/vm, but actions are disabled
WRITE:User can edit/remove the docker/vm
EXEC:User can start/stop the docker/vm

Choosing any of the permissions will make the app visible in the ControlR app

No dockers/vms are available

I'm running newest Plugin v2019.03.28 and I have Plenty of Dockers installed.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, that's strange.

I tested against rc7 when it came out and the app works (currently running rc7 on my test server).

Did you change anything when it stopped working ? SSL settings ? Added any docker or such ?

If it's none of the above, would you remove and reinstall the app, just to check ?

Let me know how it goes and we take it from there.

3 hours ago, jbrodriguez said:

Yes, that's strange.

I tested against rc7 when it came out and the app works (currently running rc7 on my test server).

Did you change anything when it stopped working ? SSL settings ? Added any docker or such ?

If it's none of the above, would you remove and reinstall the app, just to check ?

Let me know how it goes and we take it from there.

Already reinstalled the app and restarted my server. Didn't change any other settings.