ControlR (Android/iOS app for unRAID)

Ok, try this then.

Use the same settings as I mentioned in the previous post, then

- Go to Settings > Credits

- After the react native credits, you’ll find a debug button, hit it once (counter should read 1)

- Now try connecting manually (you should see a ‘debug initialized ‘ message at the bottom)

- It should go back to the main screen

- Go to manual add again

- It should be displaying some debug message

- Take a screenshot and send it over (pm if you prefer)

• 4 weeks later...

Good evening,

I am running v4.10.0 of the ControlR application and noticed that the CPU temperature reading is showing up in Celsius but with the Fahrenheit symbol as well. Has this yet been reported? I checked back a few pages and didn’t see it. My unRAID box is configured for Fahrenheit.

5905a48a7c70b360d6e0d65e0c8bb52a.jpg

Thank you,
Erik

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I'm working on adding basic support (limited display-only) for unassigned devices into the app.

I could really use some sample data to better understand different scenarios.

If you're using the app, unassigned devices and would like to help, please follow the instructions at https://github.com/jbrodriguez/controlr-support

IMPORTANT: Make sure you're running Unassigned Devices v2019.06.10 or above.

Have you gotten any data from someone? or else i will send you something when i get home tomorrow.
I have unassigned with 1 hdd, 1 ssd and 1 networkshare.
I would love to have UD in your app.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

v4.15.0 is available on Apple and Google stores !

This release brings initial support for the Unassigned Devices plugin.

Also, the library that provides analytics and crashes has been replaced.

It was Fabric/Google, it's now Appcenter/Microsoft.

This is in order to better support GDPR requirements. More on the topic later on.

Please check the updated privacy policy for further details.

Other changes are:

- Core libraries upgrades
- Improved performance on Android
- Other bug fixes and improvements

Please not that this release doesn't address the connection issues with 6.8.x, this is a work in progress and should be ready (hopefully) by the time 6.8.x hits stable.

• Thanks 1

I am having the same issue some others are, I can't add my server. I've tried the steps in the faq, I've tried forcing ssl and port 443, I did enable debugging and it looks like somewhere you are prepending a / to the IP address. The debug shows failure to connect to /192.168.1.100. This errant slash is present with both the 80 and 443 attempts.

I am on 6.7.2 and Controlr is running on my Google Pixel 3XL running Android 10. 

I see a message in debug that also says CLEARTEXT communication not allowed by network policy. I connect to unraid from my phone over 80 in chrome just fine.

Screenshot_20191017-230909.png

Edited by roastdawgg
10 hours ago, JohanSF said:

Here's a feature request I've wanted for a long time. Can you make it possible to update docker containers in the app? maybe even plugins?

Hi, thanks for your comment.

I remember that a LONG time ago 😀, Squid offered a way to hook up into the Community Applications API, so that the app could do that kind of stuff.

It's been a while since that and things may have changed under the hood, so I'll need to revisit that.

It's #4 in the requests order, but ... hey ! I just implemented #3: Unassigned Devices !

I'll eventually get to it ! :)

18 hours ago, roastdawgg said:

I am having the same issue some others are, I can't add my server. I've tried the steps in the faq, I've tried forcing ssl and port 443, I did enable debugging and it looks like somewhere you are prepending a / to the IP address. The debug shows failure to connect to /192.168.1.100. This errant slash is present with both the 80 and 443 attempts.

I am on 6.7.2 and Controlr is running on my Google Pixel 3XL running Android 10. 

I see a message in debug that also says CLEARTEXT communication not allowed by network policy. I connect to unraid from my phone over 80 in chrome just fine.

Screenshot_20191017-230909.png

Hi,

I tried to replicate this on an android simulator running android 10 (api level 29) and it works.

I've also seen from the analytics logs, that there many users on api level 29 using the app successfully.

I'm not sure where the "CLEARTEXT communication not allowed by network policy" comes from, is it possible you have some ad blocker, firewall policy, anything usual you can think of ?

Another question, is the controlr plugin running on the unraid server ?

If it's installed and running, the screenshot shows that the app is unable to connect to it as well (on port 2382).

Let me know.

<snipped>

When I was posting the updated version I came across your post about this issue.

I have it open in my gitea host (see below), just haven't been able to get it.

It should be a quick fix (I think), so I'll work on it once I have preliminary 6.8.x support.

And thanks a lot for the reminder (and patience) ! :)

1982199957_ScreenShot2019-10-18at19_26_58.thumb.png.263b2c9e25e7dca4a5abb9f61b3f40c0.png

Edited by jbrodriguez
3 hours ago, jbrodriguez said:

Hi,

I tried to replicate this on an android simulator running android 10 (api level 29) and it works.

I've also seen from the analytics logs, that there many users on api level 29 using the app successfully.

I'm not sure where the "CLEARTEXT communication not allowed by network policy" comes from, is it possible you have some ad blocker, firewall policy, anything usual you can think of ?

Another question, is the controlr plugin running on the unraid server ?

If it's installed and running, the screenshot shows that the app is unable to connect to it as well (on port 2382).

Let me know.

jbrodriguez, so I got the issue remedied and through some research this appears to be a specific Android issue. Here is a post about the issue, which has been around a while. https://medium.com/@son.rommer/fix-cleartext-traffic-error-in-android-9-pie-2f4e9e2235e6 It would appear that your app needs to add something the manifest to enable CLEARTEXT connections. 

I enabled SSL on my unRAID and the app connected right away with the right settings enabled. Hope this helps and helps others that are having the same problem. 

v4.15.2 is available on Google Play Store !

It fixes an issue that was preventing the execution of some commands on the server.

This should fix it !

**** Note that this affects iOS too, but Apple Store is throwing a fit today (actually they have a scheduled maintenance of about 8 hours 😮), so it'll become available for iOS soon.