ControlR (Android/iOS app for unRAID)

I am having no joy getting my unRAID server when running Controlr on my iPad Mini running iOS 10.  I am running the current 6.2 stable unRAID release - should Controlr work with that?

Hi itimpi, it should work.

At the moment, I'm changing a bit how the apps connects to a server, I think that should solve the issues when adding a server.

Hi, I've published v2.0.4 to App/Play Store ( normal submission times apply on the App Store, for the time being )

The connection logic was modified to make serial calls to the server, rather than in parallel.

This should help prevent bottlenecks in the server (hanged connections).

Also:

- Timeout settings should be saved now

- A bug with stop array setting was fixed as well

To obtain server/dockers/vms info, the app was making many calls in parallel. To make it easier on the server, each call is now sequential, so connection/refresh/etc could be a little slower (although I didn't notice differences with my servers).

Hope this solves some of the issues.

jbrodriguez, I have changed to mainline 6.2.1-2016.09.22. I cant add my server now  :(

I saw in the thread you said this

I'd like to ask that minor releases' version string follow semver.

That is, 6.3.0 rather than 6.3

6.2-stable internal version string is 6.2 (instead of 6.2.0) which doesn't follow semver and it broke ControlR (semver libraries expect that .0) :D

I have now taken some precautions to guard against that, but it would be cleaner to get it right from the source.

Is this why its not working with mainline?

Just purchased this app , but it looks strange when looking on several pages, I have an Iphone 5.

3d46b0e8cdeb89f551cbc4c9bd6c2a7c.png

It looks great so far with all the functions, is an iPAd version coming soon?

//Peter

Thanks peter_sm !

Could you try changing font size in the app settings ?

Let me know if that makes a difference.

jbrodriguez, I have changed to mainline 6.2.1-2016.09.22. I cant add my server now  :(

I saw in the thread you said this

I'd like to ask that minor releases' version string follow semver.

That is, 6.3.0 rather than 6.3

6.2-stable internal version string is 6.2 (instead of 6.2.0) which doesn't follow semver and it broke ControlR (semver libraries expect that .0) :D

I have now taken some precautions to guard against that, but it would be cleaner to get it right from the source.

Is this why its not working with mainline?

Hi gridrunner, I'll check this ... didn't realize there would be a mainline version so soon.

Now that you've almost got Android and iOS worked out, the next logical step is a desktop widget for windows/linux/macos. Since you have GUI user permissions sorted, a desktop app would fill a need for limited user control of the server from various family members desktops or laptops. Maybe a chrome app?

Hi jonathanm, that's a nice idea !

I'll look into it.

updated to 2.04. No change in add server behaviour. Auto scan finds the IP and then just sits there "scanning 192.168.1.8..." forever. Manual the only diff is message text "Adding host 192.168.1.8" and spinning animation. I let it go for 10 minutes before killing the app.

You have a side load build with debugging?

Hi interwebtech, I'll pm you.

I am on 6.2.1 and the new version is worse for me. Wheel does not stop spinning. :-(

Assume you mean v6.2 otherwise you're asking jbrodriguez to support a hitherto unreleased version of Unraid.  ;D

LOL unreleased??  :)

Holy s**t I didn't realise the planned update changes had gone live! My bad...  Still I guess jbrodiguez would still be only really duty bound to support the mainline stuff.  I say this because there's no way I can keep up with daily builds on the DVB stuff...  ;D

Regardless accept my apologies!  ;)

I am on 6.2.1 and the new version is worse for me. Wheel does not stop spinning. :-(

Assume you mean v6.2 otherwise you're asking jbrodriguez to support a hitherto unreleased version of Unraid.  ;D

LOL unreleased??  :)

Holy s**t I didn't realise the planned update changes had gone live! My bad...  Still I guess jbrodiguez would still be only really duty bound to support the mainline stuff.  I say this because there's no way I can keep up with daily builds on the DVB stuff...  ;D

Regardless accept my apologies!  ;)

No worries.

Too many Android devices around with different OS's. Mine is on 6.0.1 and some older apps don't work anymore. Different unraid OS version will make less of a problem.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

For those of you following along at home, Juan was able to track down a bug using copies of some of my files. New version on its way.

From what I understand it had to do with having an incomplete parity check which blocked adding the server. Mine was an artifact of running the Tunables script.

That probably explains my problems too.

Hello all,

v2.0.4 is available for iOS.

Nevertheless, it's missing a couple of fixes.

As interwebtech mentioned, I found a bug using his server's data, it's related to the server having an incomplete parity. This is fixed.

6.2.1-xxxxxx can't be added, this is fixed.

CHBMB brought up a valid point about mainline releases. I'll write about it later.

I'm also working on distributing 'patch' releases over-the-air (both iOS/Android), which should speed up store process considerably (especially App Store).

I'll post back soon.

For those of you following along at home, Juan was able to track down a bug using copies of some of my files. New version on its way.

From what I understand it had to do with having an incomplete parity check which blocked adding the server. Mine was an artifact of running the Tunables script.

Confirmed.. also my issue... I also found  a workaround: start a parity check and then add the server... Worked on first try !

Confirmed.. also my issue... I also found  a workaround: start a parity check and then add the server... Worked on first try !

That's good to know Helmonder, the next release will have a fix for this, so there'll be no need for the workaround :)