jbrodriguez

ControlR (Android/iOS app for unRAID)

1058 posts in this topic Last Reply

Hi, using the VPN should be the same as being on the physical LAN, I don't have any experience with fritzbox though.

One thing you need to make sure is that port 2382 is available on the VPN.

Maybe you're restricting some ports if coming from the vpn tunnel ?

Do you know what this issue is? I am running rc7 6.8.0 

(1001) - Unable to get unRAID state (dockers): Get https://127.0.0.1/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/include/DockerContainers.php: dial tcp 127.0.0.1:443: connect: connection refused

Hi, this generally appears when some  software other than unraid is listening on port 443.

This can happen if you have a proxy in place, you can probably look into that.

I'm thinking to rewrite the plugin, so that this will be a non-issue in the future.

Hey there,

Just posting my two cents as I was blocked for quite sometime to connect with ControlR.

Password with special characters will have a tendancy to mess around (":"";" or other"$"). When switching for testing to only alphanumeric characters, it worked like a charm.

I am still wondering what my next choice is, stay alphanumeric and a longer password or ditch ControlR app.

Any thoughts on where does it came from or if it is something that could be fixed?

Bests,

Ty

2 hours ago, Ty42 said:

stay alphanumeric and a longer password

More alphanumeric characters is way better for security than a few special characters. The longer the password the better. A camel case 5 word sentence with no spaces is WAY more secure than 8 special characters.

1 hour ago, jonathanm said:

More alphanumeric characters is way better for security than a few special characters. The longer the password the better. A camel case 5 word sentence with no spaces is WAY more secure than 8 special characters.

https://xkcd.com/936/

Hi. Just downloaded your app and found a bug...

Don't know if someone reported this already, but 43 pages are far to many to scan for information :).

Bug description:

Docker status "paused" ist not shown correctly. My paused docker containers are shown as "started".

cheers

d

Edited by dingsda