unRAID Server Release 6.2.0-beta22 Available

An issue regarding USB devices attached

Tools/System Devices does not show the names of any of the USB devices properly (see first picture)

In VM settings, the names of USB devices are all jumbled and duplicated (see second picture)

Actual devices attached to my system at the moment are as follows:

[*]Philips eHome Infrared Transceiver

[*]Logitech USB Receiver

[*]CPS UPS CP1000AVRLCD

[*]Winbond something something I can't remember (IPMI)

EDIT: I updated my backup server and that one displays usb device names properly under Tools/System Devices so the issue above must be specific to my system. I am attaching the diagnostics

bonienl, did you see this post?

Is that an issue with the web gui?

I know lsusb does not list the device names in the new beta (it did in beta 21) and that is probably an unraid issue, but the vm manager gui is jumbling the usb device names and it's difficult to figure out which is which without googling the device ids.

PS. The device names are in there and the command "usb-devices" lists all devices with their correct names even though lsusb does not.

Thanks

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Need to check what happened... It reports eth0 as down (see footer) and it that case the button to disable eth1 should not be allowed. Until then 'be careful' :)

In all the updates and changes I guess I missed somewhere a git upload which disables the button as required. It will be added (back) in future release.

Thanks bonienl!

An issue regarding USB devices attached

Tools/System Devices does not show the names of any of the USB devices properly (see first picture)

In VM settings, the names of USB devices are all jumbled and duplicated (see second picture)

Actual devices attached to my system at the moment are as follows:

[*]Philips eHome Infrared Transceiver

[*]Logitech USB Receiver

[*]CPS UPS CP1000AVRLCD

[*]Winbond something something I can't remember (IPMI)

EDIT: I updated my backup server and that one displays usb device names properly under Tools/System Devices so the issue above must be specific to my system. I am attaching the diagnostics

bonienl, did you see this post?

Is that an issue with the web gui?

I know lsusb does not list the device names in the new beta (it did in beta 21) and that is probably an unraid issue, but the vm manager gui is jumbling the usb device names and it's difficult to figure out which is which without googling the device ids.

PS. The device names are in there and the command "usb-devices" lists all devices with their correct names even though lsusb does not.

Thanks

yes i am having same problem in system devices no names of usb devices

in vms my logitech receiver now listed twice as

Logitech USB Receiver (046d:c52b)

Logitech USB Receiver CP1300EPFCLCD CRJB103.551 (0764:0501)

diagnostics attached

thanks

prime-diagnostics-20160610-1933.zip

Seems like no matter how many times I try and update the Binhex-Madsonic docker, it still displays Update Ready.  Even though it clearly appears to have updated.

Never had an issue in the past, so I'm not sure if this is related to B22.

Thanks.

i'm seeing this also with a docker, one of my own.

Seems like no matter how many times I try and update the Binhex-Madsonic docker, it still displays Update Ready.  Even though it clearly appears to have updated.

Thanks.

This has been an issue with binhex-delugevpn for a little while now prior to this beta.  It certainly affected me recently on Beta 21 but only recently, it did not occur when I first upgraded to Beta 21 so I assumed it was a problem with docker hub rather than Unraid.

Upgraded from 6.1 and I believe I followed the instructions on the VMs but I am getting the message below. I tried removing my old VM's completely but I know a few are not shown on the VM page. Anyone know how to get the add VM button back and remove this message? I also attached a screen shot.

Warning: libvirt_domain_xml_xpath(): namespace warning : xmlns: URI unraid is not absolute in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.vm.manager/classes/libvirt.php on line 936 Warning: libvirt_domain_xml_xpath():

I ended up deleting everything off of my flash drive and putting on a fresh install of 6.2. After getting everything back to normal the VM's are working just fine. Something must have transferred wrong from 6.1. Honestly though it was kind of nice to start over, the flash drive looks much cleaner  :D

Thanks.

This has been an issue with binhex-delugevpn for a little while now prior to this beta.  It certainly affected me recently on Beta 21 but only recently, it did not occur when I first upgraded to Beta 21 so I assumed it was a problem with docker hub rather than Unraid.

I've had the same issue with binhex delugevpn docker on both beta21 & 22 so not unraid release specific.

Sent from my LG-D802T using Tapatalk

allow kernel append parameter 'unraidlabel' to override boot device label (default: UNRAID)

I was excited to try this, but I'm not having a lot of success.  I had b21 running in a VM based on the instructions here:

https://www.linuxserver.io/index.php/2015/12/14/creating-an-unraid-virtual-machine-to-run-on-an-unraid-host/

I copied the new bz* files over to my unraid-vm.img and booted in to b22 fine, but when I re-labeled the flash drive to UNRAID-CONF and modified sysconfig.cfg by adding "unraidlabel=UNRAID-CONF" to each of the "append" lines like this:

append unraidlabel=UNRAID-CONF initrd=/bzroot

then emhttp segfaults:

Jun  9 20:07:29 Tower kernel: emhttp[1412]: segfault at 528 ip 000000000040bace sp 00007ffe9b808150 error 4 in emhttp[400000+22000]

Diag attached.  Any ideas?

This would be a great feature to have, because it means we would be able to test the betas without having to passthrough a usb controller.

Thank you for including diagnostics!

You do have a /boot set up, so I don't think the problem is with the new label feature.  But there are many other 'non-standard' aspects of your setup!  Any of which could be the potential source of the segfault.

* running the beta in a VM

* '/boot' drive is not bootable (no bz* or syslinux*)  (probably not a problem)

* no super.dat  (probably not a problem)

* no apparent device setup of eth0  (don't know, but strange, potentially a problem)

* "emhttp: device_by_name: device_by_name: () not found"  (possibly a problem)

* QEMU drives only, unassigned  (don't know, no experience with these)

* Unregistered  (probably not a problem)

* Docker is enabled, but no drives assigned or docker.img exists  (almost certainly a problem! docker.img is configured on /mnt/user, so that and btrfs scan will fail)

It's a rather unusual setup!  ;)

Thanks for taking a look!  It wasn't meant to be a super unusual setup :)

Here's another set of diagnostics, a little more scientific this time:

* Config 1 - The diag shows how the VM boots and everything works when 'unraidlabel' is not specified (and the USB label is UNRAID) per the instructions here: https://www.linuxserver.io/index.php/2015/12/14/creating-an-unraid-virtual-machine-to-run-on-an-unraid-host/

* Config 2 - The diag shows how things break when 'unraidlabel' is specified in syslinux.cfg (and the USB label is UNRAID-CONF). Those are the only config changes between the two diagnostics.

A few more details:

* unRAID 6.2b22 is running in a VM on an unRAID 6.1.9 host.  A USB controller is hidden from the host (with pci-stub.ids=8086:8c2d) so that the VM's USB drive labeled 'UNRAID' won't conflict with the hosts' USB drive with the same label.  The reason I asked LT for the ability to rename the USB drive is so that there wouldn't be a need to stub the USB controller like this.

* In the VM, the /boot folder points at the VM's USB drive, which contains the config folder but not the boot files, which are in a separate unraid-vm.img file.  Sorry, that part is kind of confusing.

* Note that config 1 shows "Plus key detected" whereas config 2 is "unregistered"

* Note that config 1 boots fine, but config 2 throws a device_by_name error and then emhttp segfaults:

device_by_name: device_by_name: () not found
emhttp[2614]: segfault at 528 ip 000000000040bace sp 00007ffd22b74480 error 4 in emhttp[400000+22000]

* Another interesting point... the original name of the Config1.zip file was towervm-diagnostics[date].zip whereas Config2.zip defaulted back to tower-diagnostics[date].zip (i.e. "tower" rather than "towervm")

So 'unraidlabel' works partially (it mounts the right drive to /boot) but a lot of other things break.

Config1.zip

Config2.zip

- include year in parity history

Am I right that this change applies to new data but it doesn't try to edit historical data?  If we wanted to fix historical data, would it simply be a matter of adding the year to the beginning of each line in /boot/config/parity-checks.log?

i.e. change this:

Dec  2 10:03:00|30779|130.0 MB/s|0
Dec 17 07:31:22|33588|119.1 MB/s|0
Jan  2 10:07:36|31054|128.8 MB/s|0
Feb  4 08:45:39|30901|129.5 MB/s|0

to this?

2015 Dec  2 10:03:00|30779|130.0 MB/s|0
2015 Dec 17 07:31:22|33588|119.1 MB/s|0
2016 Jan  2 10:07:36|31054|128.8 MB/s|0
2016 Feb  4 08:45:39|30901|129.5 MB/s|0

Correct new entries get the year added, any existing entries need to be adjusted manually. Simply add the year in front of each line, as in your example.

Sounds good, thanks!

And thanks to RobJ for closing out the bug reprort:

https://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=49543.0

Thanks.

I've had the same issue with binhex delugevpn docker on both beta21 & 22 so not unraid release specific.

Sent from my LG-D802T using Tapatalk

i've only had the issue with my couchpotato docker since beta 22.

Under 6.1 I was able to pre clear drives in a USB3 caddy I have connected the my server.  I upgraded today and now every time I try to start a pre clear it says the device (sda) is busy and fails to start a pre clear.  The disk isn't assigned and shows up under unassigned drives tab.  In both cases I've been using the pre clear plugin.

Any ideas?

Under 6.1 I was able to pre clear drives in a USB3 caddy I have connected the my server.  I upgraded today and now every time I try to start a pre clear it says the device (sda) is busy and fails to start a pre clear.  The disk isn't assigned and shows up under unassigned drives tab.  In both cases I've been using the pre clear plugin.

Any ideas?

Are you using the new beta plugin? Old preclear + plugin doesn't work with v6.2.

Edit: Here's the link since it's buried on the plugin thread.

Any ideas?

Are you using the new beta plugin? Old preclear + plugin doesn't work with v6.2.

Edit: Here's the link since it's buried on the plugin thread.

Thank you.  That was it. Much appreciated.

I'm still experiencing lockups when there is a significant amount of disk activity. It was somewhat resolved in beta 21 by reducing the md tunable and I put it back to stock with beta 22.

Next time this happens, please type this command and then post your syslog:

mdcmd dump

I'm still experiencing lockups when there is a significant amount of disk activity. It was somewhat resolved in beta 21 by reducing the md tunable and I put it back to stock with beta 22.

Next time this happens, please type this command and then post your syslog:

mdcmd dump

Worth a mention in OP?

Don't want to be that guy, but any guesstimates when can we expect a new release? Originally installed the beta ver without knowing the internet connection requirement, and now am in position where's no way of getting hand on net over eth for the next couple or so months. Tried downgrading to 6.1, but all the docker images need to be re-fetched for some reason, so the box is still fairly useless.

Don't want to be that guy, but any guesstimates when can we expect a new release? Originally installed the beta ver without knowing the internet connection requirement, and now am in position where's no way of getting hand on net over eth for the next couple or so months. Tried downgrading to 6.1, but all the docker images need to be re-fetched for some reason, so the box is still fairly useless.

Curious: what is preventing you from gaining internet access?  Reply via PM if you want.

Curious: what is preventing you from gaining internet access?  Reply via PM if you want.

I'm living in a country that requires local bank account for cellular or internet contracts. Getting a bank account requires residency papers. All that is not happening quickly. (I'm an expat in the area). That's just how things are in southern Europe.