HP Proliant DL380 G5 Compatibility

Hi Guys,

I have bought a HP Proliant Server http://www.ebay.de/itm/HP-ProLiant-DL380-G5-2x-QuadCore-Xeon-E5405-8x-2-0-GHz-32-GB-RAM-8x-72-GB-HDD-/112005919524?hash=item1a1412b324:g:TQYAAOSw14xWIMHE (It is German but you should be able to understand the spec list) and I want to install unRAID. However the Raid Card that came with that server (HP Smart Array p400) is not on the validated parts list of unRAID and it doesn't work (tried to delete all volumes and to use it as JBOD but didn't work and a bunch of single drive RAID 0 Arrays didn't work as well). So I am looking for a HBA Card to put in there that works with unRAID, but the Problem is that I am quite limited in my choice of a HBA card because the case requires half-height expansion cards and the Hot-Swap-SAS3Gb/s-Backplane has 2 SFF-8484 connectors which I didn't find on any of the HBA cards on the validated list. I found a HBA (HP SC44Ge) card that would be compatible with my server, but I don't know whether it works with unRAID. Does someone have experience with that card or a reccomendation for a card that fits my needs (and isn't expensive)?

Thanks in advance

Yashin

• 4 months later...