unRAID no longer supported in new Plex build?

(Linux) ARMv5, PowerPC, ROS4 and unRAID 32-bit NAS devices are no longer supported (see complete list at https://support.plex.tv/hc/en-us/articles/218212517)

From the update fixes section of the info for Plex new version.

I really like the other new features they added and appreciate the fixes they applied as well but if this is going to be an issue i am not updating.

Any advice from those of you who know better than I do is appreciated.

I am runnin an intel Core i52500k and an intel board. Everything was 64bit on windows in its oter life but not sure how things work with unRAID yet as I am still learning.

UnRaid v6.x is 64-bit. That branch is not discontinued. The 32-bit plugin for unRaid 5.x will not get any updates. If you check their notes they recommend upgrading to version 6 of unRaid.

Ah ok then I missed that part.

If I may, how so I actually update my Plex build inside unRAID? I downloaded the file but I am unsure how I would apply it. I use Binhex's PlexPass Docker.

Yeah I copied all of my path settings so they are the same. I switched over to the LinuxserverIO Plex docker. It is still telling me to install an update manually. *shrug* I will just wait for the update to come down the line if it ever does. Otherwise, Plex works as intended.

(I dread having to refresh my media library again, took a couple days)

Assuming you have version=latest in the Plex docker advanced settings (top right toggle on config page), all you need to do to get latest is to Restart the Plex docker. It will see the latest and install it. I installed fresh last night (had an issue with permissions oddness likely due to having switched docker authors several times) and found it didn't pick up the "latest" on the initial install. Took another restart to get it.

I am only up to the "C" section in manually matching my 1500+ titles. It got all the newer ones automatically but not the oooold ones where the folder/file were not named correctly. :P. Now I remember what a pain it was when I first started lol.

Any way you could maybe show me a screenshot of where the version = latest things is? I have the advanced tab open and I don't see that anywhere.

Really not wanting to break everything if I don't have to and since I know nothing, me breaking stuff is the likely outcome. lol!

Thanks in advance for your patience :)

Mine is set to pull an older version due to a Channels bug (transcoding fails). I think it might be for the unRaid version, not just my install, as Plex support is looking into my reports. That said, the setting goes under Environmental Variables (Advanced View will expose these). See the VERSION pair. In normal use the value would be "latest" with no quotes. Mine has a specific version that still works for me thus the "0.9.16.6..." value.

Right now I believe there is a Docker Hub bug with 6.1.9 unRaid that will prevent you from updating. Not sure as I did not test.

Screenshot_1.png.8dc0ebdea5847d0bfdc86332aca1e212.png