WD 6TB Reds --- WD thinks they are "My Book for Mac"

I just did a check on the serial numbers on my WD Reds (http://support.wdc.com/Warranty/warrantyStatus.aspx) and they all come back with the right warranty periods, but the model number is being reported as "WDBYCC0060HBK" and not "WD60EFRX" however the label says WD60EFRX

and the drive reports "WD60EFRX" via smartctl.

Plus *all* of them report that way with WD.... despite the fact I got them from 2 different sources.

Before I start writing letters to the vendors I got the drives from, can someone else check their WD Red 6TB drives and see what they report on the WD website?

I have a Toshiba DT01ACA300 drive. The lable says Toshiba DT01ACA300. Smart reports it as Hitachi HDS723030BLE640.

At least yours is still the same brand.  ;D

I've got two that have similar situation.  But on mine they were obviously relabeled by Toshiba in the Hitachi drive split/buy out by Toshiba and Western Digital.  Mine still have all the Hitachi labeling but have Toshiba stamped on them as well.

FWIW, I compared the sector counts to a real "WD60EFRX- WD Red" and they are the same, so no issues there.

I'm going back through invoices and trying to match which drives I got from which vendors to do returns.... it's a pain, but since I staggered purchases, I could dell pretty good from power-on hours.  From now on, I put a label on each drive with source and date, and I check the serial with the vendor to clear warranty info and put that on the drive label too..... BEFORE I put the drive into service.