VM on parity proteted Drive.

I am newly onto Unraid 6, and I wan to play with VMs. I came across a comment in a forum post that wasn't really related to this that I haven't bee able to find again while looking into one of the problems I ran into. The comment said that I should not have my VMs installed onto a drive that is parity protected, I understand why, but I can't work out how to configure that. I have a 1TB drive that I was planning on using as a dedicated VM drive and fire most of them up one at a time when I want to play with something specific.

So my question is, How can I have a drive in my system that is accessible to UNRAID, but not part of the parity protected array that isn't a cache drive.

Thanks in advance.

I am newly onto Unraid 6, and I wan to play with VMs. I came across a comment in a forum post that wasn't really related to this that I haven't bee able to find again while looking into one of the problems I ran into. The comment said that I should not have my VMs installed onto a drive that is parity protected, I understand why, but I can't work out how to configure that. I have a 1TB drive that I was planning on using as a dedicated VM drive and fire most of them up one at a time when I want to play with something specific.

So my question is, How can I have a drive in my system that is accessible to UNRAID, but not part of the parity protected array that isn't a cache drive.

Thanks in advance.

install the "Unassigned Devices" plugin.  It is specifically designed for handling drives not part of the array.