Total Data Pulled: 0 Bytes from Docker Hub

Gico

Following inability to pull many docker images from Docker Hub, sparklyballs (Thanks!) found this:

Dear Docker Hub User,

TL;DR: If you use Pull-By-Digest, remember to upgrade to Docker Engine 1.10 by June 1st 2016.

On June 1st, 2016, we're upgrading Docker Hub to support the newest version of the Docker image manifest format. This will allow us to support images in multiple architectures and for multiple operating systems later.

This upgrade also changes how Pull-By-Digest works. This means that older Docker engine versions (1.7 to 1.9) won't be able to use Pull-By-Digest for images published by newer Docker versions (1.10 and later).

We see that you're using Pull-By-Digest with an older version of Docker Engine. If you don't upgrade, you'll only be able to use pull-by-digest on images published by older versions of Docker, and you’ll need to change your pull method to specify individual tags for some Docker images.

We want you to be able to use your preferred pull method on images published by any Docker version. To do this, you should upgrade to Docker Engine 1.10 by June 1st, 2016.

You can download Docker 1.10 here: https://www.docker.com/products/docker-toolbox

For more information on Image Manifest Version 2, Schema 2, please visit: https://github.com/docker/distribution/blob/master/docs/spec/manifest-v2-2.md

Thank you,
The Docker Hub Team

So unRaid 6.1.9 docker engine v1.7.1 is currently incompatible with Docker Hub.

Any suggestions? (other than unRaid 6.2 beta  ;))

Oct 24th 2016 Update: This problem has nothing to do with unRaid version.

Found this thread at docker hub and as suggested, lowering the MTU to 900 solved this issue.

This has been a most frustrating issue that had a major affect on my server functionality (couldn't install/update containers!).

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Webui or docker service update?  If the latter doesn't that mean a full Unraid upgrade.  Which currently is still in beta.

Decoupling docker from Unraid may be the best long term move here in my very humble opinion.

I'm assuming docker can be updated along with the ui.  Either way an update is needed very shortly

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

I'll need to research and test a bit more but as far as I know every Docker template for unRAID out there is using pull-by-tag (e.g. latest) instead of pull-by-digest (e.g. 1fe547abff85427a67c4e851d6459032)

Ohhh...So "latest" is an example of pull-by-tag?

Test for example Linuxserver's MariaDB container. It's pull-by-tag, but won't download.

I did however succeeded to pull and install needo's (also "latest") MariaDB.

I guess there is another issue regarding pulling of an image that was not announced or unknown yet.

Docker.Image.Pulling.Error3.jpg.80a8b923ae81697bc8136a43fc9436cd.jpg

I'll need to research and test a bit more but as far as I know every Docker template for unRAID out there is using pull-by-tag (e.g. latest) instead of pull-by-digest (e.g. 1fe547abff85427a67c4e851d6459032)

Which means ( unless im misreading that message from docker hub) that we should be OK right? Or does dockerman use digest? I'm assuming it must.

I'm driving right now so not the easiest for me to search for a reference thread, but there have been a rash of I believe docker error messages lately stating something about digest mismatch. In around 5 hours I'll be able to properly search for a thread

ok so im confused, for kicks i thought i would see the problem in action, so went for a download of linuxserver sabnzbd docker image, im running unraid 6.1.9 (which of course is using docker 1.7.1) and it pulled down fine, this is the first time i have pulled this image down, so its not using a cached image, so for me right now i dont see any issue, what am i missing here?.

edit - just to be clear this was added using CA.

Here's some of the OP's previous postings on the issue..

Hi,

I am unable to create the container, seems my unRaid (v6.1.9) server is unable to pull the image.

This is my first container, however I have managed to install/update apps/plugins, so the server has internet access.

Pulling image: linuxserver/mariadb:latest
IMAGE ID [74de922b9e36]: Pulling image (latest) from linuxserver/mariadb. Pulling image (latest) from linuxserver/mariadb, endpoint: https://registry-1.docker.io/v1/. Pulling dependent layers.
IMAGE ID [f7eef3e8d2a5]: Pulling metadata. Error pulling dependent layers.
IMAGE ID [74de922b9e36]: Error pulling image (latest) from linuxserver/mariadb, endpoint: https://registry-1.docker.io/v1/, HTTP code 400. Error pulling image (latest) from linuxserver/mariadb, HTTP code 400.

TOTAL DATA PULLED: 0 B

Any ideas?

Edit: The problem is on my server. A different docker, same result. Still....have no clue what causes it.

Pulling image: gfjardim/crashplan:latest
IMAGE ID [aee938d09f63]: Pulling image (latest) from gfjardim/crashplan. Pulling image (latest) from gfjardim/crashplan, endpoint: https://registry-1.docker.io/v1/. Pulling dependent layers.
IMAGE ID [aee938d09f63]: Error pulling image (latest) from gfjardim/crashplan, endpoint: https://registry-1.docker.io/v1/, HTTP code 400. Error pulling image (latest) from gfjardim/crashplan, HTTP code 400.

I still have this problem which seems to be a Docker Hub problem, which is odd because as far as I searched I'm the only one who couldn't solve it.

Other dockers were installed without any problem.

Pulling image: gfjardim/crashplan:latest
IMAGE ID [aee938d09f63]: Pulling image (latest) from gfjardim/crashplan. Pulling image (latest) from gfjardim/crashplan, endpoint: https://registry-1.docker.io/v1/. Pulling dependent layers.
IMAGE ID [aee938d09f63]: Error pulling image (latest) from gfjardim/crashplan, endpoint: https://registry-1.docker.io/v1/, HTTP code 400. Error pulling image (latest) from gfjardim/crashplan, HTTP code 400.

Is there a way to download and install a docker template (specifically: CrashPlan) manually? Are there instructions somewhere?

I have a problem pulling any of LinuxServer docker images.

Error pulling image (latest) from linuxserver/mariadb, endpoint: https://registry-1.docker.io/v1/, HTTP code 400. Error pulling image (latest) from linuxserver/mariadb, HTTP code 400.

Any way to see log/debug the pull request?

Alternatively how can I manually pull and install the docker images?

It's been like that for weeks and I'm quite desperate here.

Other dockers, even from the same docker hub server, are pulled successfully.

Thanks.

Not only your containers. Can't pull mace's Qbittorrent docker too.

DNS is set to my router's ip address, but I changed it to Google's DNS servers and no change - still can't pool your docker images.

I can pull other images from dockerhub so the DNS was a long shot anyway.

I tried dockerhub forums, and will try again, but is the another way to download a docker image and install it?

I don't know anything about unix, but the installation command is in the log so I guess it can be run manually (?).

Making me think it's something his end to be honest.....

You know, I just had a thought... which when you're me can be a dangerous thing, It would be useful to know if Gico's docker.img is in good condition as we've seen some odd issues from that getting full....

Or he's using jumbo frames

You know, I just had a thought... which when you're me can be a dangerous thing, It would be useful to know if Gico's docker.img is in good condition as we've seen some odd issues from that getting full....

I only use jumbo jets...  ;D

I only use jumbo jets...  ;D

I've seen reports that it doesn't work with docker pulls.  But I freely admit to being wrong most of the time (at least that's what my wife says)

No jumbo frames and as for full docker image I disabled the docker service yesterday and recreated docker.img in the cache root folder (it was inside a cache folder before that) , and still had this problem, but I'm willing to hear more suggestions if no one can recreate this problem on his end.

No jumbo frames and as for full docker image I disabled the docker service yesterday and recreated docker.img in the cache root folder (it was inside a cache folder before that) , and still had this problem, but I'm willing to hear more suggestions if no one can recreate this problem on his end.

Can you pull any docker images successfully?  Initially you said it was ANY linuxserver ones but it seems you're having problems with a few different ones...

Can you pull any docker images successfully?  Initially you said it was ANY linuxserver ones but it seems you're having problems with a few different ones...

Some docker images yes (see enclosed image), but none of about 3-4 linuxserver's that I tried. Can't pull mace's Qbittorrent image too.

Containers.jpg.ca7c90690b34782168ac335ad78a3245.jpg

Some docker images yes (see enclosed image), but none of about 3-4 linuxserver's that I tried. Can't pull mace's Qbittorrent image too.

But in the past you've had problems with gfjardims' crashplan too didn't you?