Total Data Pulled: 0 Bytes from Docker Hub

Gico

Yep, gfjardims' crashplan container - Still has this problem with it.

Might be a good idea for you to test some other containers just so we can try and isolate this. 

We know you're having a problem with linuxserver.io containers, gfjardims' crashplan, Mace's qbittorrent.  Any others?

Perhaps try some of binhex's containers and see what happens and a couple more from random repos...

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

limetech/sync          - successful

binhex-couchpotato - unable to pull

binhex-deluge          - unable to pull

binhex-sonarr          - unable to pull

There are some reports of docker cross versions pull incompatibility problems, like this one.

However it doesn't explain why I'm the only unRaid user with this error.

limetech/sync          - successful

binhex-couchpotato - unable to pull

binhex-deluge          - unable to pull

binhex-sonarr          - unable to pull

There are some reports of docker cross versions pull incompatibility problems, like this one.

However it doesn't explain why I'm the only unRaid user with this error.

I just tried installing binhex-couchpotato and binhex-deluge on a 6.1.9 test machine here... all downloaded and installed just fine. 

Please go to Tools -> Diagnostics -> Download (button) and attach the diagnostics zip file here so we can sift through it to see if we can spot any issues with your setup.

Attached.

My server is going offline now for the next 9 hours because of a planned power maintenance.

Edit: I created a support ticket in Docker Hub, and I'm asked: "It seems that your OS is not one of the officially supported platforms for Docker. May I know how did you install Docker on your host?"

Any meaningful  answer I can pass to Docker support other than "it comes with the OS"? :P

I was asked to run a script "to get some additional information about your Docker version and environment". I Will try to do it later, although I'm not familiar with Linux.

juno-diagnostics-20160621-0743.zip

Attached.

My server is going offline now for the next 9 hours because of a planned power maintenance.

Edit: I created a support ticket in Docker Hub, and I'm asked: "It seems that your OS is not one of the officially supported platforms for Docker. May I know how did you install Docker on your host?"

Any meaningful  answer I can pass to Docker support other than "it comes with the OS"? :P

I was asked to run a script "to get some additional information about your Docker version and environment". I Will try to do it later, although I'm not familiar with Linux.

Basically you're not managing to connect to docker hub an awful lot of the time.  Why?  I have no idea.  What's the specs of your internet connection in Jerusalem?  For the script that they've pointed to,  you'll need to run:

cd /mnt/cache/
curl -O https://raw.githubusercontent.com/dockersupport/dsinfo/master/dsinfo.sh
chmod +x dsinfo.sh
./dsinfo.sh

This issue is consistent: These containers can be pulled, these can not.

Most likely any internet specs can't explain that, but maybe a combination of an issue with docker pull in cross versions + a locality related issue.

The only locality setting that I found is the time zone (Jerusalem), so that's not helping.

For the record: Symmetric 100Mb connection.

I managed to run the script and sent yesterday the results to Docker Hub support,

but I have low expectation for now because the results contain nothing regarding the failed pull process,

Only information about the OS, the docker, and the installed containers.

My brother knows Linux, and he told me that there is a way to export and import an container image, so he pulled one of the problematic images, and it waits for me to import it. Maybe I will try this process, but I don't like to go that road.

Another thing I can try is unRaid 6.2. Does it have a different docker version? How painful is to downgrade back to 6.1.9 after I'll try it?

I'm not sure I want to risk my only server with a beta OS, even if it solves the containers pull issue.

Most likely any internet specs can't explain that, but maybe a combination of an issue with docker pull in cross versions + a locality related issue.

The only locality setting that I found is the time zone (Jerusalem), so that's not helping.

I managed to run the script and sent yesterday the results to Docker Hub support,

but I have low expectation for now because the results contain nothing regarding the failed pull process,

Only information about the OS, the docker, and the installed containers.

My brother knows Linux, and he told me that there is a way to export and import an container image, so he pulled one of the problematic images, and it waits for me to import it. Maybe I will try this process, but I don't like to go that road.

Another thing I can try is unRaid 6.2. Does it have a different docker version? How painful is to downgrade back to 6.1.9 after I'll try it?

I'm not sure I want to risk my only server with a beta OS, even if it solves the containers pull issue.

It's pretty painless to downgrade and from what I see the main issue with it is with virtual machines.  Upgrade using Limetech's recommended method and if you want install my plugin and choose the stock option to downgrade again rather than one of my DVB builds.  ;)

Can you try running this command from the terminal/ssh shell and post the output from it?:

curl -v https://registry-1.docker.io/

root@Juno:~# curl -v https://registry-1.docker.io/
*   Trying 52.203.44.93...
* Connected to registry-1.docker.io (52.203.44.93) port 443 (#0)
* Cipher selection: ALL:!EXPORT:!EXPORT40:!EXPORT56:!aNULL:!LOW:!RC4:@STRENGTH
* successfully set certificate verify locations:
*   CAfile: /usr/share/curl/ca-bundle.crt
  CApath: none
* TLSv1.2 (OUT), TLS handshake, Client hello (1):
* TLSv1.2 (IN), TLS handshake, Server hello (2):
* TLSv1.2 (IN), TLS handshake, Certificate (11):
* TLSv1.2 (IN), TLS handshake, Server key exchange (12):
* TLSv1.2 (IN), TLS handshake, Server finished (14):
* TLSv1.2 (OUT), TLS handshake, Client key exchange (16):
* TLSv1.2 (OUT), TLS change cipher, Client hello (1):
* TLSv1.2 (OUT), TLS handshake, Finished (20):
* TLSv1.2 (IN), TLS change cipher, Client hello (1):
* TLSv1.2 (IN), TLS handshake, Finished (20):
* SSL connection using TLSv1.2 / ECDHE-RSA-AES128-GCM-SHA256
* Server certificate:
*        subject: OU=GT98568428; OU=See www.rapidssl.com/resources/cps (c)15; OU=Domain Control Validated - RapidSSL(R); CN=*.docker.io
*        start date: Mar 19 17:34:32 2015 GMT
*        expire date: Apr 21 01:51:52 2018 GMT
*        subjectAltName: registry-1.docker.io matched
*        issuer: C=US; O=GeoTrust Inc.; CN=RapidSSL SHA256 CA - G3
*        SSL certificate verify ok.
> GET / HTTP/1.1
> Host: registry-1.docker.io
> User-Agent: curl/7.47.1
> Accept: */*
>
< HTTP/1.1 200 OK
< Cache-Control: no-cache
< Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2016 16:50:56 GMT
< Content-Length: 0
< Content-Type: text/plain; charset=utf-8
< Strict-Transport-Security: max-age=31536000
<
* Connection #0 to host registry-1.docker.io left intact

Any word on unraid becoming compatible with the new github update? Just lost my plex docker (linixserver) installed the lime tech one (direct replacement, no issues or rebuild. Thank god for that) but it doesn't auto update like the Linux server one did and doesn't do plex pass :-( I'm slowly loosing dockers  :'(

You shouldn't be losing anything and this problem has been proved as far as I can tell to not be an issue with Unraid but something local.

Would suggest you create a thread or use one of the support threads and post some diagnostics.

Agree, however I suggest morbidpete to try and re-install linuxserver plex docker (to different folders so no harm to current installed docker data) in order to see if it is the same problem that I have (0 bytes pulled).

No news from my side. I will contact Docker Hub support again.

I changed the thread subject to reflect that there is no problem with unRaid.

You shouldn't be losing anything and this problem has been proved as far as I can tell to not be an issue with Unraid but something local.

Would suggest you create a thread or use one of the support threads and post some diagnostics.

Agree, however I suggest morbidpete to try and re-install linuxserver plex docker (to different folders so no harm to current installed docker data) in order to see if it is the same problem that I have (0 bytes pulled).

when trying to install a clean version

root@localhost:# /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/scripts/docker run -d --name="plex" --net="host" -e TZ="America/New_York" -e HOST_OS="unRAID" -e "PUID"="99" -e "PGID"="100" -e "VERSION"="latest" -v "/mnt/cache/docker/plextest":"/config":rw linuxserver/plex
Unable to find image 'linuxserver/plex:latest' locally
latest: Pulling from linuxserver/plex
6ffe5d2d6a97: Already exists
f4e00f994fd4: Already exists
e99f3d1fc87b: Already exists
a3ed95caeb02: Already exists
ededd75b6753: Already exists
1ddde157dd31: Already exists
9fdc4b327358: Already exists
a836128d06ab: Already exists
7583a35fe4e8: Already exists
35a9be49a16b: Pulling fs layer
4ca4a54c3626: Pulling fs layer
e82895cc44fc: Pulling fs layer
a5fa151f7e54: Pulling fs layer
6421f509ab85: Pulling fs layer
6421f509ab85: Waiting
a5fa151f7e54: Waiting
e82895cc44fc: Verifying Checksum
e82895cc44fc: Download complete
4ca4a54c3626: Verifying Checksum
4ca4a54c3626: Download complete
6421f509ab85: Verifying Checksum
6421f509ab85: Download complete
a5fa151f7e54: Verifying Checksum
a5fa151f7e54: Download complete
35a9be49a16b: Verifying Checksum
35a9be49a16b: Download complete
35a9be49a16b: Pull complete
4ca4a54c3626: Pull complete
e82895cc44fc: Pull complete
a5fa151f7e54: Pull complete
6421f509ab85: Pull complete
docker: layers from manifest don't match image configuration.
See '/usr/bin/docker run --help'.

The command failed.

this also killed my running plex docker and removed it....

when trying to install a clean version

root@localhost:# /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/scripts/docker run -d --name="plex" --net="host" -e TZ="America/New_York" -e HOST_OS="unRAID" -e "PUID"="99" -e "PGID"="100" -e "VERSION"="latest" -v "/mnt/cache/docker/plextest":"/config":rw linuxserver/plex
Unable to find image 'linuxserver/plex:latest' locally
latest: Pulling from linuxserver/plex
6ffe5d2d6a97: Already exists
f4e00f994fd4: Already exists
e99f3d1fc87b: Already exists
ededd75b6753: Already exists
1ddde157dd31: Already exists
9fdc4b327358: Already exists
a836128d06ab: Already exists
7583a35fe4e8: Already exists
35a9be49a16b: Pulling fs layer
4ca4a54c3626: Pulling fs layer
e82895cc44fc: Pulling fs layer
a5fa151f7e54: Pulling fs layer
6421f509ab85: Pulling fs layer
6421f509ab85: Waiting
a5fa151f7e54: Waiting
e82895cc44fc: Verifying Checksum
e82895cc44fc: Download complete
4ca4a54c3626: Verifying Checksum
4ca4a54c3626: Download complete
6421f509ab85: Verifying Checksum
6421f509ab85: Download complete
a5fa151f7e54: Verifying Checksum
a5fa151f7e54: Download complete
35a9be49a16b: Verifying Checksum
35a9be49a16b: Download complete
docker: layers from manifest don't match image configuration.
See '/usr/bin/docker run --help'.

The command failed.

this also killed my running plex docker and removed it....

Just had a brainstorm here.  CHBMB tell me if this makes sense.

layers from manifest don't match image configuration:  Docker Hub no longer supports the old versions of layers on new builds as of June - something like that - you'd know better than I)

Now, on the pull of Plex above, layers already existed (either from another container, or from a previous pull of Plex).

Now lets assume that those layers were created prior to June.  On pulling the new build of Plex, the one new layer that it had to grab it failed on because the previous layers were no longer compatible with the new.  Hence the mismatch error.

Does that make any sense?

Easiest solution would be to nuke the docker.img, and redownload everything which should get everything all back into sync with each other.

Easiest solution would be to nuke the docker.img, and redownload everything which should get everything all back into sync with each other.

luckily i have weekly backups of the img and all docker folders LETS GO!!!! ill post back with results

You don't need the backup of the image file as you're going to nuke it.  Just readd the apps via CA previous apps section and after the download it'll be like nothing happened (except everything will probably work)

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

Damn Squid, you may not be as daft as we thought....

I'll be very intetested to see if the OP's problem is fixed by this.  Hopefully so, although I'm surprised more people haven't been affected if that's the case.

The way I see it, you have 2 users. Those who never log in or checkf or updates if everything is working fine (i.e. people with a million app updates pending on their phones) and those who check everyday (I'm using pushbullet to have unraid notify me of docker updates, plugins are auto)

People might just not know

And the OP is using V6.1.9 so now I'm getting even more confused.... 

Glad you found a resolution, but I'm really curious to know why it was, so far, only you on V6 Beta 23 and the OP on V6.1.9

Not arguing with Squid's theory but feel we're still missing a piece (or two) of the puzzle....

Interesting though.

And the OP is using V6.1.9 so now I'm getting even more confused.... 

I don't think morbidpete had the same problem. He succeeded to pull the image/s in a new install. I can't.

Also he didn't solve his problem, but worked around it.  Not sure it solved his docker update problem.