Total Data Pulled: 0 Bytes from Docker Hub

Gico

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

And the OP is using V6.1.9 so now I'm getting even more confused.... 

I don't think morbidpete had the same problem. He succeeded to pull the image/s in a new install. I can't.

Also he didn't solve his problem, but worked around it.  Not sure it solved his docker update problem.

I got in this thread because I originally wasn't able to download them either. But found that I had COU set in the repository and not additional config the old way.

Damn Squid, you may not be as daft as we thought....

I'll be very intetested to see if the OP's problem is fixed by this.  Hopefully so, although I'm surprised more people haven't been affected if that's the case.

I would think that you would have to have previous containers installed prior to June and then install a new container that shared a layer with one of the prior ones but has been updated on dockerhub since June

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

Docker Hub support:

Hi Gico,

Sorry about the delay. I am unable to reproduce your issue on my end.

Could you please try upgrading your Docker Engine to a newer version and try again? It seems to be having issues downloading from our v1 endpoints. New version of the engine should pull from the v2 endpoints instead.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

Thanks,

Kenny Lim

Support Engineer

https://support.docker.com

Customers who use the Docker Knowledge Hub solve problems faster. Try it today at https://success.docker.com/

Guess we'll have to wait for an update...

Apparently the 6.2 beta docker (what version is it?) has a similar problem as 6.1.9 docker,

so a more recent docker version is needed to try and solve this.

Gico, can you delete your docker.img and your appdata folder and try installing a container again please? 

Looks like I am gonna have to try this also - ALL of my dockers about a hr ago went to update avail and 0B downloaded :(

Myk

That in and itself doesn't mean anything as there is an issue with unRaid and/or dockerHub where updates on some containers are listed as always being available.  0B pulled is normal in that case

True but I only had 4 doing this.  Now all of them are

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

MyK I think there's some confusion in this thread.  The OP isn't able to pull many different docker containers and as yet this has not been resolved.  I think this is different to the issue you're seeing, as am I, that Unraid indicates there is an update to a container, which turns out to be 0 bytes and continues to indicate there are further updates.

The person whose issue was solved hijacked the thread, which added to the confusion.  So three different issues in one thread I think....

I can see how you got confused though and your issue has been reported elsewhere, the title of this thread is VERY similar to the issue we're seeing with 0 byte updates.  Not sure if nuking your docker.img will solve that tbh.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Gico, can you delete your docker.img and your appdata folder and try installing a container again please?

Done. No change: gfjardim/crashplan 0 bytes pulled.

Sorry..didn't delete the appdata. Will try again.

Deleted Docker image and appdata, and reinstalled. linuxserver/mariadb 0 bytes pulled.

OK so that kind of rules Squids theory out as a cause for your problem then.  Doesn't help you I know, but I'm at a loss to suggest anything else.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Not really because he has http 400 errors.  It's all some with his isp / network.  What I have no idea

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

There are a couple issues here and the next release of unRAID should fix at least one of them and warn about the other.

Problem) "0 bytes pulled" when updating a Docker container but Check For Updates always shows 'update ready'.

Solution) Wait for next release (coming soontm) -- In the new release, the Check For Updates will show up to date for those containers correctly.

Problem) Adding or Updating a Docker container but after completion shows update 'not available' until you Check For Updates then always shows 'update ready'  OR  Doing a 'docker pull <author/app>' from CLI reveals the error message 'layers from manifest don't match image configuration'.

Solution) Delete docker.img (Disabling Docker then deleting the Docker image from Settings -> Docker Settings page), Start Docker back up and reinstall all of your Docker containers.  No need to delete any of your appdata folders.  The next release will at least show you this error message when adding/updating a Docker container and will prevent removing your existing (and working) older version of the Docker container.

Problem) HTTP 400 errors in docker.log during a docker pull...

Solution) Haven't found one yet and unable to reproduce here

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I waited patiently to v6.2.0, than asked again but still no one could help.

I planned to test 2 more configurations (Linux VM on a Windows machine, and trying another ISP) and then use LT services.

UnRaid vibrant community is a superb source of information that helps me a lot, and I'm glad I had a chance to contribute.