How to check how much RAM each docker is using?

Is there any way to find out how much RAM each of my dockers is using?

Unlike VM which I assign a fix amount of RAM, I have no idea how much RAM I need to reserve for dockers.

So for example, crashplan says officially it requires 1GB per 1TB data.

However, I read a review saying it's more like 500MB for 90GB.

I have 1.5TB => projecting to about 8GB of RAM.  :o

Thanks, I'll check it out tonight. However, it still doesn't let me know how much RAM is actually used by the docker.  ???

Nope, CrashPlan doesn’t let you know how much it uses. The sign when it’s running out of memory is that the backup never get ready and it’s starting all over again, and again... I think that there are other ways to get the resource usage, can check when I get back home…

Thanks, I'll check it out tonight. However, it still doesn't let me know how much RAM is actually used by the docker.  ???

Nope, CrashPlan doesn’t let you know how much it uses. The sign when it’s running out of memory is that the backup never get ready and it’s starting all over again, and again... I think that there are other ways to get the resource usage, can check when I get back home…

You can try the Netdata and cAdvisor Docker containers. These can be used to monitor CPU and RAM usage. I have them installed but haven’t had much time to play with them.

You can try the Netdata and cAdvisor Docker containers. These can be used to monitor CPU and RAM usage. I have them installed but haven’t had much time to play with them.

Or even CA's resource monitor will tell you how much RAM an app is using.

Without setting any memory limitations, any particular docker app has access and can use if it wants all available RAM in the machine (ie: every thing not specifically allocated to a VM)

To limit the memory usage of any docker app to a specific size, add this to the extra parameters section of the app:

-m 1024m

will limit the app to only allow it to use 1G memory  (I use this on NZBGet as during an unpacking operation it can and will use every iota of memory available to it, which tends to trash the entries that cache_dirs creates)

Without setting any memory limitations, any particular docker app has access and can use if it wants all available RAM in the machine (ie: every thing not specifically allocated to a VM)

To limit the memory usage of any docker app to a specific size, add this to the extra parameters section of the app:

-m 1024m

will limit the app to only allow it to use 1G memory  (I use this on NZBGet as during an unpacking operation it can and will use every iota of memory available to it, which tends to trash the entries that cache_dirs creates)

Kudos Squidman! I didn't know CA has resouce monitoring.  ;D

-m 1024m

Kudos Squidman! I didn't know CA has resouce monitoring.  ;D

Two options there.  Either click on resource monitor to display all containers (and optionally go to cadvisor) or click the icon of an installed app and it'll show up for that app only.

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

root@TOWER:~# docker stats openvpn-as Nginx ownCloud Guacamole
CONTAINER           CPU %               MEM USAGE/LIMIT     MEM %               NET I/O
Guacamole           4.89%               545.1 MB/16.73 GB   3.26%               608.2 MB/1.152 GB
Nginx               0.04%               42.55 MB/16.73 GB   0.25%               50.43 MB/51.86 MB
openvpn-as          0.08%               185.7 MB/16.73 GB   1.11%               0 B/0 B
ownCloud            0.02%               112 MB/16.73 GB     0.67%               12.97 MB/41.39 MB