Should we convert from ReiserFS?

I've been using UnRAID since version 4 / beta 5.  I've always been happy with its performance.  I am now on v6 with everyone else and have been swapping out old drives for bigger ones.  I'm noticing that they are being built in ReiserFS and the default is XFS now.  I've read the conversion process and am wondering if we should convert to XFS?  Or is it safe to stay Reiserfs? Is their huge benefits to converting ?

XFS performs a bit better when writing to moderately full drives.  I've not noticed any significant difference in read performance.

I've set my v6 systems to use XFS as the default, so any drives added are XFS; but haven't bothered to convert my older drives, as they're basically full of static data (media) and there's no compelling reason to switch.

If you DO want to switch, be very careful r.e. the process => be certain you don't lose a lot of data due to the "user share copy bug".

In other words

insert/prep new drive

DISK copy from old drive to new drive

verify disk copy

stop array, change type to XFS on OLD drive

start array and format disk

start over with next disk to the disk you just formatted

rinse and repeat until finished

Myk