Thinking about moving to 6.2beta--a few questions

I have been running 6.1.9 for a while, and have been waiting for the beta to go .RC before moving up, but I have had a VM meltdown, so I thought now might be a good time to do an upgrade since I will be rebuilding my VM's anyway. Of course, now there are several beta versions and corresponding forum posts with lots of useful information scattered among lots of very situation specific (e.g. not generally important or applicable) use case problems.

So, if I am going to take the jump, what hurdles do I need to be prepared for and what actions should I take prior to the jump? Putting system details at the bottom for reference.

Known Questions:

1. Does Unassigned Devices work as expected under the beta/6.2? I use this very heavily and don't want to have missed one post that says don't jump if you use this.

2. The Automatic System Shares: Jon's post seems to say that my currently used "appdata" folder won't be upset by the new scheme, but SHOULD I start using this anyway since I am resetting the whole system for 6.2 going forward?

3. OP says back up your VM's, which sounds like a duh-type of thing, but I realized I don't know what I should back up to properly back up a VM. Just the vdisk image, or that and the XML file, other stuff I don't know about?

Unknown Questions:

What is any giant known bugs exist?

My system looks like this:

ASRock-Extreme6-Z87

i5 4570 with 24GB RAM

VMs: 1 ubuntu server running Transmission and serving as my internet facing open port for tunneling into the system; 1 Win8.1 (w/GPU passthru) VM now borked, and cause for the whole upgrade; want to replace with 2 Windows 10 VM's a game version and a office version

Dockers: Plex, SabNZB, Sickbeard

8 data drives in a 21TB array, a 500GB SSD Cache, an out of array 250GBSSD for Plex, and an assortment of other unassigned drives of little import