Active Streams partially working. - Solved

I’m currently on v6.1.9.  When I initially start a show, Active Streams reflects the flow.  I then navigate away from the Active Stream page then navigate back and the data is still shown.  Navigate away and wait a few minutes then go back to active streams and it no longer shows anything being streamed.

Any thoughts?

Also, under the dashboard, in the shares list section there is a column titled Streams.  The assumption is that any streaming data flows would be registered here by setting the value appropriately.  Mine never change from a zero when I have a video stream going.

Ok, Ill test it again.  It is possible that the stream had completed and had downloaded the entire file and it was sitting in the buffer on my pc to to complete playing.

What about the Dashboard Shares list?  Should it also indicate a stream is going.  I have it set to SMB which is what my shares are.

Never mind figured it out.  I'm playing back from plex which transcodes to my cache, which is not in the list.  If I just stream a video direct with VLC, it shows the stream going in the list.

But whats strange is my transcode location is at \\TOWER\cache\apps\tmp\plex and apps shows in the share list, but there is no indication anything is being streamed.  The count is still at 0.

• 5 years later...