[Plugin] CA User Scripts

I guess this is simple.

But, how to:

• Delete all files older then 14 days in /mnt/user/surveillance_camera/cam1 and /mnt/user/surveillance_camera/cam2 (including subfolders)
  • Then Remove all empty folders whitin the same paths.

It might be something I can find out for myself, but I don't have any unraid development environment, and I don't know if I will run delete-commands that I'm not sure about on my production server.

24 minutes ago, Flemming said:

Delete all files older then 14 days in /mnt/user/surveillance_camera/cam1 and /mnt/user/surveillance_camera/cam2 (including subfolders)

find /mnt/user/surveillance_camera/cam[12] -type f -mtime +14 -delete

28 minutes ago, Flemming said:

Then Remove all empty folders whitin the same paths.

find /mnt/user/surveillance_camera/cam[12] -type d -empty -delete

• 2 weeks later...

Hey All, 

I have userscripts set to move "Move Array Only Shares to Array" daily. I also just ran it manually. but i still have share data on my (3rd) cache pool. The related share has cache set to NO.

The mover doesn't see to resolve this either. 

I feel like I read somewhere that there was a bug with multiple cache pools and spacing but I'm curious if there is solution anyone can offer.

As a last resort, if you know how to move these files from the pool to the array without breaking anything via another docker or command I could attempt that.

17 minutes ago, Aerodb said:

Array Only Shares

Do you mean shares that are set to Use cache: No?

Nothing can move open files. Are you sure they aren't open?

Mover won't move duplicates. How are you handling duplicates?

How are you specifying the source path on cache? How are you specifying the destination path on array?

2 minutes ago, trurl said:

Do you mean shares that are set to Use cache: No?

Nothing can move open files. Are you sure they aren't open?

How are you specifying the source path on cache? How are you specifying the destination path on array?

1- yes, the share that these files are associated to is set to cache: No. yet they are on the cache drive currently. 

2- I don't believe they are open, its quite a few of them and have no idea what or why they would be open for this long. some have been on the machine, on the cache pool for longer than the machine has been up. (there have been restarts since they were written to the pool.)

3- I'm not sure how to answer this. Squid posted some user script templates/examples that I used and have had success with this thus far. I can provide the user script code if you think it would be helpful. 

14 hours ago, Aerodb said:

1- yes, the share that these files are associated to is set to cache: No. yet they are on the cache drive currently.

Mover ignores files for a share that has use Cache=No.   If you want them moved to the array then you need to change Use Cache to Yes (at least temporarily).    Note that the Use Cache setting primarily determines where NEW files are placed - it does not stop old files from being left on the cache (conversely the Only setting does not automatically move files from array to cache).  Mover only gets involved for the Yes and Prefer settings.

46 minutes ago, itimpi said:

Mover ignores files for a share that has use Cache=No.   If you want them moved to the array then you need to change Use Cache to Yes (at least temporarily).    Note that the Use Cache setting primarily determines where NEW files are placed - it does not stop old files from being left on the cache (conversely the Only setting does not automatically move files from array to cache).  Mover only gets involved for the Yes and Prefer settings.

so after changing the share associated to the files on the cache pool/drives to yes(use cache), I then started the mover. the mover finished and did not move the files. They remained on the cache pool drives. 

I really think this was related to the issue I mentioned. I don't think I made that up in my head, I must have read it somewhere that there was an issue with having multiple cache pools and using the mover on shares that have a space in the share name.

5 hours ago, itimpi said:

Did you make sure that the correct pool was referenced when you change the setting to Yes?    There have been reports of files ending up on a pool not named in the share setting - they will not get moved.  

can confirm this did fix the issue. thank you so much. 

two follow up questions, 

1- Do we know how this issue starts? I can assure you this share has never been allowed to use cache. 

2- will this "move all none cache shares to array" script will ever be adapted to handle this? im asking if its possible to do, rather than if its being worked on. 

1 hour ago, Aerodb said:

can confirm this did fix the issue. thank you so much. 

two follow up questions, 

1- Do we know how this issue starts? I can assure you this share has never been allowed to use cache. 

2- will this "move all none cache shares to array" script will ever be adapted to handle this? im asking if its possible to do, rather than if its being worked on. 

The issue starts when a file is ‘moved’ to anther share at the Linux level  (rather than copy/deleted) either via the command line or via a container.   Linux (which does not understand User Shares) implements ‘move’ by first trying a rename and only if that fails doing a copy+delete if source and target appear to be on the same mount point (/mnt/user in the case of user shares).   The rename succeeds leaving the file on the original drive so the copy/delete never gets triggered.   Doing an explicit copy+delete gives the desired result, or (in the case of containers) map the paths so they appear to be different mount points.

2) as it is not part of standard UnRaid.   It should be possible to get the script to handle this correctly by making it get the list of pool names from /boot/config/pools on the flash drive.  Having said that there are valid Use cases for keeping files for non-cached shares on a cache/pool (and I know of Users who exploit this behaviour) so this script would break those Use Cases unless it is explicitly written to allow for them.

• Thanks 1
15 hours ago, itimpi said:

The issue starts when a file is ‘moved’ to anther share at the Linux level  (rather than copy/deleted) either via the command line or via a container.   Linux (which does not understand User Shares) implements ‘move’ by first trying a rename and only if that fails doing a copy+delete if source and target appear to be on the same mount point (/mnt/user in the case of user shares).   The rename succeeds leaving the file on the original drive so the copy/delete never gets triggered.   Doing an explicit copy+delete gives the desired result, or (in the case of containers) map the paths so they appear to be different mount points.

2) as it is not part of standard UnRaid.   It should be possible to get the script to handle this correctly by making it get the list of pool names from /boot/config/pools on the flash drive.  Having said that there are valid Use cases for keeping files for non-cached shares on a cache/pool (and I know of Users who exploit this behaviour) so this script would break those Use Cases unless it is explicitly written to allow for them.

that makes total sense. I can also confirm that i have used a container to move files so that's VERY likely what happened.

thank you!

Hi

none of my scripts are running, so I have tried to manually run then the same way the plugin does ie

echo /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/user.scripts/startBackground.php /tmp/user.scripts/tmpScripts/arrayStartup/script | at NOW -M > /dev/null 2>&1

and in the /var/log/syslog there is this error:

Oct  4 10:42:51 Gen8 atd[9567]: PAM unable to dlopen(/lib64/security/pam_unix.so): /lib64/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.32' not found (required by /lib64/libpthread.so.0)
Oct  4 10:42:51 Gen8 atd[9567]: PAM adding faulty module: /lib64/security/pam_unix.so
Oct  4 10:42:51 Gen8 kernel: atd[9567]: segfault at 0 ip 00001516594bf886 sp 00007ffc66660bb0 error 4 in libpthread-2.33.so[1516594bf000+f000]
Oct  4 10:42:51 Gen8 kernel: Code: 00 48 c7 82 e8 02 00 00 e0 ff ff ff b8 11 01 00 00 66 48 0f 6e c7 66 0f 6c c0 0f 11 82 d8 02 00 00 0f 05 48 8b 05 3a 57 01 00 <48> 8b 00 64 48 89 04 25 98 06 00 00 0f b6 05 6f 5a 01 00 64 88 04

4 minutes ago, Isanderthul said:

Hi

none of my scripts are running, so I have tried to manually run then the same way the plugin does ie

echo /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/user.scripts/startBackground.php /tmp/user.scripts/tmpScripts/arrayStartup/script | at NOW -M > /dev/null 2>&1

and in the /var/log/syslog there is this error:

Oct  4 10:42:51 Gen8 atd[9567]: PAM unable to dlopen(/lib64/security/pam_unix.so): /lib64/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.32' not found (required by /lib64/libpthread.so.0)
Oct  4 10:42:51 Gen8 atd[9567]: PAM adding faulty module: /lib64/security/pam_unix.so
Oct  4 10:42:51 Gen8 kernel: atd[9567]: segfault at 0 ip 00001516594bf886 sp 00007ffc66660bb0 error 4 in libpthread-2.33.so[1516594bf000+f000]
Oct  4 10:42:51 Gen8 kernel: Code: 00 48 c7 82 e8 02 00 00 e0 ff ff ff b8 11 01 00 00 66 48 0f 6e c7 66 0f 6c c0 0f 11 82 d8 02 00 00 0f 05 48 8b 05 3a 57 01 00 <48> 8b 00 64 48 89 04 25 98 06 00 00 0f b6 05 6f 5a 01 00 64 88 04

I think I might be causing this by installing aaa_glibc-solibs-2.33-x86_64-3.txz in my /boot/extras

Hey guys,

I have a problem. Currently I use User Scripts for controlling my fans. For this I have two scripts. One for the night and one for the day. Always when I go to bed, I abort the day script and start the night one. After some time I noticed, my script stopped working and throws the same error again and again. The error itself has nothing to do with user script. It only made me realize
something. When I press abort, the script itself doesn't get killed. Here you can see the output of ps -ax | grep script after I aborted the script:

1020191156_Screenshot2021-10-10at17_23_59.thumb.png.8eff26168acc26d8dbe82e6115b19b31.png

The highlighted process is the process I aborted. It is still running which obviously is an issue. The first time I had 20 processes running without noticing. All doing the same thing which overloaded my ipmi controller. I attached the script to this comment. fan-script.sh Why does user script not kill the script. This is what I expect when I press abort. Or is it even a problem of my script?

19 hours ago, Squid said:

If the user script spawns another script / process that won't exit, then the main script stays running.

Stopping spawned processes automatically is a royal PITA

But it doesn't spawn any new process. The content of fan-script.sh is the content of the user script.

On 2/15/2021 at 7:17 AM, Squid said:

You would need to do this:

Create the file called /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/myscript/script.page

Menu="Tasks:80"
Name="My Script"
Type="xmenu"
Tabs="true"
Code="e942"

You can move where the tab is located by adjusting the number within "Menu" as per the tab numbering here: https://forums.unraid.net/topic/57109-plugin-custom-tab/

Create another file called /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/myscript/myscript.page

Menu="script"
---
<?
echo "<h1>Running script</h1><br><br>";

passthru("/bin/bash /boot/myscript.sh");
?>

Change the bash command appropriately within "passthru"

Note: The page will keep loading while the script executes.  If you're planning on doing something like starting a long running script (rsync?) by doing this, then the script that you call has to start another script via the "AT" command in bash.

The screen does not update as the script executes, but will only be updated once the script is finished.

If after starting the script you want the GUI to go back to where ever you were at prior to clicking the custom tab, then add to the second file

<script>history.back();</script>

ALL of these files need to be saved with standard linux line endings (use Notepad++)

Copy the files to the folder in RAM via the userscripts plugin (or go file) at first boot

While trying to track down a random kernel panic issue I am dealing with, I decided to upgrade to 6.10. After doing this the above script method does not seem to be working anymore?

The tab is still there but when I click it I just get a 404 error?

I checked and the files are still copied to the same location on array start and the script is unchanged from what was working yesterday?

Any ideas why it is not working today after the update?

I use this all the time, it is VERY handy. Cuts as much as 150-200w off the power draw when it is not doing anything time sensitive and I can crank it back up when I am working with it directly.

Edited by TexasUnraid
35 minutes ago, Squid said:

There is zero difference between 6.10 and 6.9 (or earlier versions all the way down to 6.0) with regards to this.  You'd have to post the exact .page file you're using etc

Ok, here is the script.page file:

Menu="Tasks:94"
Name="CPU Power"
Type="xmenu"
Tabs="true"
Code="e942"

and the cpu-power-switch.page file

Menu="script"
---
<?
echo "<h1>Changing CPU Governer</h1><br><br>";

passthru("/bin/bash /boot/config/plugins/user.scripts/scripts/Power\ Governer\ switcher/script");
?>

<script>history.back();</script>

I noticed that the 404 error just adds /script to the server address. aka, unraid.local/script

Just confused since this all worked yesterday.

A quick report of a possible bug

I am using Unraid v6.9.2 with CA Userscripts v2021.03.10 

when running a script that references the home directory using '~'

If I run it in foreground (ie. click the "RUN SCRIPT" button) it runs OK

but it refuses to run if I do it in the background (ie. click the "RUN IN BACKGROUND" button)

I investigated a little, and it seems that when running in background, the script forgot to set the proper home directory.

I checked it with this simple script

#!/bin/bash
set | grep HOME

and the result if I run it in foreground is 

HOME=/root

while the result if I run it in background is

HOME=/

For the moment, this can be easily fixed with adding this line inside the script

export HOME=/root

I am not sure if this is intentional or a bug, hope that helps.

On 10/16/2021 at 4:26 PM, Squid said:

There is zero difference between 6.10 and 6.9 (or earlier versions all the way down to 6.0) with regards to this.  You'd have to post the exact .page file you're using etc

Was doing some more troubleshooting but since I have no idea how or why this works I am out of my depth. I did find this error in the syslog when clicking on the cpu power button though.

nginx: 2021/10/22 13:11:56 [error] 15209#15209: *138612 open() "/usr/local/emhttp/script" failed (2: No such file or directory) while sending to client, client: 192.168.x.xxx, server: xxx, request: "GET /script HTTP/2.0", host: "xxxxxxx.xxxxx", referrer: "https://xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"

I added the XXX's, the IP's and addresses were correct though.

It seems to be looking for the script in "/usr/local/emhttp/script" instead of /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/myscript/script.page?

No idea where to go from here.

@Squid 

My issue still persists. Here is a test script:

61713642_Screenshot2021-10-27at16_44_25.thumb.png.4047f199b5c9e7ae2deb2263f4e98974.png

After aborting it, the script process is still running:

1366726180_Screenshot2021-10-27at16_45_20.png.5644734dc475c1f64e11ea83d4d7d675.png

What am I doing wrong?!

This is how it gets spawned if I press background process:

550709164_Screenshot2021-10-27at16_48_27.png.0be54c7f5dc6a3931b9911edca04c345.png

The process 10197 survives if I press abort.

Plugin is up-to-date and running on unraid 6.9.2. 

• Thanks 1