[Plugin] CA User Scripts

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/1/2017 at 9:37 AM, dikkiedirk said:

I am trying user scripts to shutdown my server at night.

Would these lines work?

#!/bin/bash

powerdown | at 01:30

Should the powerdown plugin be installed, or is this functionality now included in unraid 6.3.5?

Should work.  Or simply 

#!/bin/bash

powerdown

And set the schedule to run when you want.

Is there any reason the delete.ds_store script wouldn't actually delete all the .ds_store files? Tried it last night after Fix Common Problems found a bunch of duplicate .ds_store files spanning pretty much all of my shares. I disabled the creation of .ds_store files on my Macs, ran the user script, then ran the Fix Common Problems extended test again. Still had many, many dupes. So I went through and manually deleted them.

Just curious if I did something wrong, or that script perhaps needs an update. Thanks!

36 minutes ago, kaiguy said:

Is there any reason the delete.ds_store script wouldn't actually delete all the .ds_store files? Tried it last night after Fix Common Problems found a bunch of duplicate .ds_store files spanning pretty much all of my shares. I disabled the creation of .ds_store files on my Macs, ran the user script, then ran the Fix Common Problems extended test again. Still had many, many dupes. So I went through and manually deleted them.

Just curious if I did something wrong, or that script perhaps needs an update. Thanks!

No reason that I can think of.  I don't really support the scripts (even the default included).  They're just samples

On ‎8‎/‎16‎/‎2017 at 2:47 AM, Squid said:

Should work.  Or simply 

#!/bin/bash

powerdown

And set the schedule to run when you want.

how do I schedule this at 11:30 or 00:30? what is the correct cron syntax for this? the online generator doesn't seem to work.

Edited by dikkiedirk

Shouldn't make any difference.  But, you have to bear in mind that all paths anywhere in a script should be absolute, and not relative.  That, and IIRC (would have to double check after work), but the scripts have slightly different /tmp folders that they execute from depending upon how its started.

4 hours ago, ozkhan1 said:

I am using the vm backup script, is there anyway to schedule what time it runs? I don't see any option to schedule a time for it? Also is there any option to delete older backups?

thanks

Assuming you're running the autovmbackup scripts.  That, (and any script) run through User Scripts can be scheduled via the Schedule setting next to the script.

On 6/26/2016 at 10:50 PM, Squid said:

Assuming you're running the autovmbackup scripts.  That, (and any script) run through User Scripts can be scheduled via the Schedule setting next to the script.

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

i can schedule it but it doesnt allow me to pick days/dates/times etc.. i get a drop down for picking weekly/daily/monthly etc and when i click apply, it says schedule applied.

perhaps i need to choose the custom schedule?  if so will you be kind enough to provide the guidelines around the format it expects the information in?

Edited by ozkhan1

I have been having an issue where I use rsync, via User Scripts, to perform backups to a remote server and that would make the webGUI unresponsive until the task was completed. Strange thing is I can run the rsync task via shell and I do not have any issues not being able to use the webGUI. Any idea why this is occurring?

I have been having an issue where I use rsync, via User Scripts, to perform backups to a remote server and that would make the webGUI unresponsive until the task was completed. Strange thing is I can run the rsync task via shell and I do not have any issues not being able to use the webGUI. Any idea why this is occurring?
If you're running the script in the foreground perfectly normal. If you're running it in the background no idea

If you're running the script in the foreground perfectly normal. If you're running it in the background no idea

It happens when I run it in the background. It's just strange that it only occurs when using the plug-in.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk