[Plugin] CA User Scripts

10 hours ago, mgutt said:

Updated today, now "RUN IN BACKGROUND" button does not work anymore. Popup window opens, but stays white and script is not executed.

All the scripts are chmod to 600 which prevents them from being run.  Additionally, running the command "chmod 700 script" has no effect but also generates no error.

52 minutes ago, nerbonne said:

All the scripts are chmod to 600 which prevents them from being run.  Additionally, running the command "chmod 700 script" has no effect but also generates no error.

User Scripts does not directly execute the scripts, so permissions don't matter.  They are changed to be linux style line endings (so that a DOS editor will work on the files if you want), and then executed from /tmp with permissions of 0777.

But, yeah run in background isn't working for some reason.... Will look into it

7 hours ago, Squid said:

User Scripts does not directly execute the scripts, so permissions don't matter.  They are changed to be linux style line endings (so that a DOS editor will work on the files if you want), and then executed from /tmp with permissions of 0777.

But, yeah run in background isn't working for some reason.... Will look into it

This is the error message i get if i try to start a script running in the background:

Oct 22 20:58:35 Tower emhttpd: cmd: /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/user.scripts/showLog.php Out of Memory

Oct 22 20:58:35 Tower emhttpd: cmd: /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/user.scripts/showLog.php Out of Memory

I don't know why, but downloading one of my scripts log files killed the complete server (WebGUI dead, Samba service dead, no server HDMI output). At the moment the parity check is running. After it has been finished I will:

• delete the log of the script
  • restart the script, so a fresh log file is generated
  • stop the array
  • copy the log file through terminal to my SSD
  • download the log file
  • download the log zip file through CA User Scripts and see if the error happens again

If I should check something else before the last step, post it ;)

At the moment I suspect the CPU undervolting, although it worked for a long time now.

Edited by mgutt

I have a script that is running great when I manually tell it to do so, or in the background but does not seem to be responding to my custom CRON schedule. I would like it to run every Thursday at 2am so I have set the CRON fiel to be 02**THU. The log however indicates a failure to parse CRON job and goes into a loop.

I saw that weekly is an option, but am unsure how to set the day and time of the weekly schedule. Can someone help?

9 minutes ago, Ryguy said:

I saw that weekly is an option, but am unsure how to set the day and time of the weekly schedule. Can someone help?

I have a cron job that runs every Monday at 1 am.  In User Scripts it is 0 1 * * 1.

Yours should be 0 2 * * 4  (perhaps THU also works but I use the ordinal number).  You need a space between each element as well.

• Like 2
12 minutes ago, Hoopster said:

I have a cron job that runs every Monday at 1 am.  In User Scripts it is 0 1 * * 1.

Yours should be 0 2 * * 4  (perhaps THU also works but I use the ordinal number).  You need a space between each element as well.

Thank you will give this a try. 

24 minutes ago, Ryguy said:

I have a script that is running great when I manually tell it to do so, or in the background but does not seem to be responding to my custom CRON schedule. I would like it to run every Thursday at 2am so I have set the CRON fiel to be 02**THU. The log however indicates a failure to parse CRON job and goes into a loop.

In the top left of the page there's a "What Is Cron" line.  Hover over this for a popup of the interpretation that this follows.  Took me a couple of goes to get mine working since there's a few different ways to express the same thing, and not all Cron systems accept the same structure.

• Like 1
55 minutes ago, Cessquill said:

In the top left of the page there's a "What Is Cron" line.  Hover over this for a popup of the interpretation that this follows.  Took me a couple of goes to get mine working since there's a few different ways to express the same thing, and not all Cron systems accept the same structure.

This was very helpful thanks. Got me sorted out completely! 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Hoopster said:

This was the prob. Cheers

On 6/14/2020 at 12:01 AM, Aerodb said:

Same issue happened for me. 

If I change the timing(or disable) any of the scripts, apply lights up(so i can click it). but when i actually click, nothing happens. upon refresh or revisiting this page the changes are not saved. it worked a few minutes ago but not its not. 

@Aerodb I'm having the same problem, did you ever get this solved ?

On 11/5/2020 at 7:14 PM, Hoopster said:

Cron Schedule needs a space. (* * * * *) not (*****) that explains my problem.

:)

• 2 weeks later...

Hello guys,

I'm wondering why when I run a script, if inside the script I run some program in background the script doesn't terminate correctly (in the console window doesn't appear the "DONE" button). The script itself works and terminates ok if run it from the terminal.

Is this an intended behavior? If yes, can it be circumvented in some ways?

Thanks.

Edited by cyruz

Is there any way to re-order the scripts ?

Further, maybe a grouping of them too.

Mine are all over the place as it has grown over time.

I have started prefixing them with stuff to group them (Daily, Weekly, OneOffs, OffsiteBackups) - but they are still spread all over.

Ideally, if they could be sorted then they would all 'get together'.

On 11/21/2020 at 9:17 AM, vw-kombi said:

Is there any way to re-order the scripts ?

Further, maybe a grouping of them too.

Mine are all over the place as it has grown over time.

I have started prefixing them with stuff to group them (Daily, Weekly, OneOffs, OffsiteBackups) - but they are still spread all over.

Ideally, if they could be sorted then they would all 'get together'.

I was wondering the same, mainly because I want to group disabled/unused scripts to clean up the list

On 11/22/2020 at 2:47 PM, Croontje said:

I was wondering the same, mainly because I want to group disabled/unused scripts to clean up the list

I haven't tried it yet (have the same issue) but I believe it is based alphabetically off the file name of the script. I tried just changing the name but that didn't work, so I'm guessing have to rename the script file itself and then add it to the UserScripts page again.