[Support] Linuxserver.io - Nextcloud

hi there

i have successfully setup the docker and got everything working, I was then trying to put it behind a reverse proxy using HAProxy on pfsense but for the life of me I cannot get it working, have tried checking the thread but so far my search-fu is letting me down so wondering if anyone has got this working 

my logs don't seem to show much and have added the trusted proxies etc and nothing seems to help :(

I have followed space invaderones video to set this up and have it working ok, i set this up specifically to share a 2TB disk image, initially i tried moving it with MC to the nextcloud folder but it wouldnt show up, i then tried to upload it...that was going to take a year i think. I have been seraching through this thread and read that i needed to install the external storage app which i have and i need to map the folder in the docker, this is where i am getting confused i think...

https://gyazo.com/321449172c01b0dfe44984073a199180

i added a new path and named the container path /ellis and then the host path /mnt/user/xbox/OG XBOX DISK CLONE/ and then clicked add, when i go to external storage on nextcloud it says 'No external storage configured or you don't have the permission to configure them'

I know i am just not understanding or typing something correctly, any help or a quicker and easier way to share this file

21 minutes ago, loady said:

i added a new path and named the container path /ellis and then the host path /mnt/user/xbox/OG XBOX DISK CLONE/ and then clicked add, when i go to external storage on nextcloud it says 'No external storage configured or you don't have the permission to configure them'

1st using spaces in a share or folders aint the best idea, just as general note

then in NC, settings, the buttom checkbox (red arrow) ... there you add your external storage, you sure you click there ?

image.thumb.png.fee2fd49afdf760a8dbbef1898e9c9c0.png

12 minutes ago, alturismo said:

1st using spaces in a share or folders aint the best idea, just as general note

then in NC, settings, the buttom checkbox (red arrow) ... there you add your external storage, you sure you click there ?

image.thumb.png.fee2fd49afdf760a8dbbef1898e9c9c0.png

i think i got it...i was using the wrong 'external storage' in nextcloud..when i went to administraion there was another 'external storage' and i added 'local' and typed /data2 and this now shows up...see below..however, space invader ones video doesnt tell you how to get an external link to the files, its using the internal IP...im so close i can taste it.

https://gyazo.com/c94cdcc2a249cf434f7bcf0c3ed5dd11

https://gyazo.com/2eba215baf065ffb4df9b2fc9934a45e 

Edited by loady

Have setup Nextcloud with MariaDB behind Swag. Used the very good YT tutorials from spaceinvader one. Everything is fine. I can log in, i have activated 2fa with TOTP and it is working.

now I’m curious and wanted to setup the 2FA notification plugin. At first everything seems working. Login with user and password, get notification to my iOS app and can „approve“ but then in the login window which triggered the push notification is not doing anything and the login goes nowhere.

At second sight i noticed that the notification in the app seems to come in from my local gateway address and not from my external IP. So i think there is some problem with my swag setup. But i really don’t know how to fix it.

I thought i was clever enough just using spaceinvaders instructions for the old letsencrypt docker on my swag container. But now it seems that was not the whole story.

On 10/18/2021 at 7:48 PM, loady said:

i think i got it...i was using the wrong 'external storage' in nextcloud..when i went to administraion there was another 'external storage' and i added 'local' and typed /data2 and this now shows up...see below..however, space invader ones video doesnt tell you how to get an external link to the files, its using the internal IP...im so close i can taste it.

https://gyazo.com/c94cdcc2a249cf434f7bcf0c3ed5dd11

https://gyazo.com/2eba215baf065ffb4df9b2fc9934a45e 

It looks like your trying to do the same as me. Allow nextxloud to share another path on the unpaid system using the external storage plugin for nextcloud.

Did you get this working?

1 hour ago, Greygoose said:

It looks like your trying to do the same as me. Allow nextxloud to share another path on the unpaid system using the external storage plugin for nextcloud.

its really not so hard ... if its this what you try todo, use unraid shares in NC

mount the Share(s) you would like to add inside, sample. all /mnt/user are inside NC now as /mnt/Share

image.thumb.png.d4d0bba11364ee16d1f6ec72287e39fa.png

then mount them using the external storage plugin, settings (left side panel at the buttom ...)

image.thumb.png.64906d211ab90fec12fd87726c7314aa.png

thats it ...

On 10/21/2021 at 9:17 AM, alturismo said:

its really not so hard ... if its this what you try todo, use unraid shares in NC

mount the Share(s) you would like to add inside, sample. all /mnt/user are inside NC now as /mnt/Share

image.thumb.png.d4d0bba11364ee16d1f6ec72287e39fa.png

then mount them using the external storage plugin, settings (left side panel at the buttom ...)

image.thumb.png.64906d211ab90fec12fd87726c7314aa.png

thats it ...

Thank you,

I never realised there was another setting in nextcloud admin panel

I now have it working great.

Hi Everyone,

I am hoping to find some help here. I have recently just started using unraid and am pretty new to all this so have been relying heavily on online resources and am hoping the community can help.

I have setup Ombi and Nextcloud through reverse proxy and cloudflare ddns. Using swag. Ombi is working fine. On a fresh install of NC it works fine for probably 20 minutes or so and I can get in and start customizing and setting up the NC. Now after a certain amount of time, time seems to be the only trigger, NC just stops working. I tried uninstalling and resetting up NC after DROPPING the databases in mariadb. here is the error I am currently getting:

errroorororo.png.e6ee372bbb8784e0bbf7813a9d5a7882.png

I can't seem to get anything to get it working again.

Here is a copy of the php and nginx error logs in the Nextcloud appdata. Also no errors in the docker logs for any used containers.

nginx

2021/10/25 14:14:42 [error] 441#441: *3 upstream timed out (110: Operation timed out) while reading response header from upstream, client: 192.168.0.31, server: _, request: "POST /settings/apps/enable HTTP/2.0", upstream: "fastcgi://127.0.0.1:9000", host: "192.168.0.103:444"

php - nothing really looks abnormal here

[25-Oct-2021 15:50:36] NOTICE: fpm is running, pid 395
[25-Oct-2021 15:50:36] NOTICE: ready to handle connections

Here is my docker configs

Nextcloud

nextcloudonfig.thumb.png.ee901c02025749a8b9905808023e1d5b.png

Here is my /nextcloud/www/config/config.php with obvious personal data removed

<?php
$CONFIG = array (
  'memcache.local' => '\\OC\\Memcache\\APCu',
  'datadirectory' => '/data',
  'instanceid' => 'ocmgltviw73g',
  'passwordsalt' => 'IDO I need To Censor This?',
  'secret' => 'DO I need To Censor This?',
  'trusted_domains' => 
  array (
    0 => '192.168.0.103:444',
    1 => 'cloud.mydomain.com',
  ),
  'dbtype' => 'mysql',
  'version' => '22.2.0.2',
  'overwrite.cli.url' => 'https://cloud.mydomain.com',
  'overwritehost' => 'cloudmydomain.com',
  'overwriteprotocol' => 'https',
  'dbname' => 'nextcloud',
  'dbhost' => '192.168.0.103:3306',
  'dbport' => '',
  'dbtableprefix' => 'oc_',
  'mysql.utf8mb4' => true,
  'dbuser' => 'MYDBUSER',
  'dbpassword' => 'MYDBPASS',
  'installed' => true,
  'trusted_proxies' => 'swag',
  'has_rebuilt_cache' => true,
  'mail_from_address' => 'NONYA',
  'mail_smtpmode' => 'smtp',
  'mail_sendmailmode' => 'smtp',
  'mail_domain' => 'gmail.com',
  'mail_smtpauthtype' => 'LOGIN',
  'mail_smtpauth' => 1,
  'mail_smtphost' => 'smtp.gmail.com',
  'mail_smtpsecure' => 'ssl',
  'mail_smtpport' => '465',
  'mail_smtpname' => '[email protected]',
  'mail_smtppassword' => 'NONYA',
);

I don't know what else would be helpful. I followed spaceinvader ones older video for letsencrypt to setup the SWAG proxy subdomain config and checked it against the linuxserver wiki for the docker as well. Please help me... please I am begging.... dear god help me.... thanks all in advance!

EDIT: On restarting the docker containers I also found this line in the SWAG containers nginx error logs

2021/10/25 16:38:03 [error] 513#513: *124 nextcloud could not be resolved (3: Host not found), client: 172.70.98.169, server: cloud.*, request: "GET / HTTP/2.0", host: "cloud.MYDOMAIN.com"
2021/10/25 16:38:03 [error] 513#513: *124 nextcloud could not be resolved (3: Host not found), client: 172.70.98.169, server: cloud.*, request: "GET / HTTP/2.0", host: "cloud.MYDOMAIN.com"
2021/10/25 16:38:03 [error] 513#513: *125 nextcloud could not be resolved (3: Host not found), client: 172.70.98.123, server: cloud.*, request: "GET /favicon.ico HTTP/2.0", host: "cloud.MYDOMAIN.com", referrer: "https://cloud.MYDOMAIN.com/"
2021/10/25 16:38:03 [error] 513#513: *125 nextcloud could not be resolved (3: Host not found), client: 172.70.98.123, server: cloud.*, request: "GET /favicon.ico HTTP/2.0", host: "cloud.MYDOMAIN.com", referrer: "https://cloud.MYDOMAIN.com/"

Edited by kyaustad
New log file
On 10/20/2021 at 3:34 PM, screwbox said:

Have setup Nextcloud with MariaDB behind Swag. Used the very good YT tutorials from spaceinvader one. Everything is fine. I can log in, i have activated 2fa with TOTP and it is working.

now I’m curious and wanted to setup the 2FA notification plugin. At first everything seems working. Login with user and password, get notification to my iOS app and can „approve“ but then in the login window which triggered the push notification is not doing anything and the login goes nowhere.

At second sight i noticed that the notification in the app seems to come in from my local gateway address and not from my external IP. So i think there is some problem with my swag setup. But i really don’t know how to fix it.

I thought i was clever enough just using spaceinvaders instructions for the old letsencrypt docker on my swag container. But now it seems that was not the whole story.

I am no expert but have you setup app passwords under the section in settings where you enable 2fa totp?

On 10/10/2021 at 10:53 PM, MarekNosek said:

Hi guys, 

I have two nextcloud dockers setup and it all seems to run fine, but once a day the NEXTCLOUD #2 gets the 502 error. 

I have the following unraid docker running:

- NginxProxyManager  `autostart wait 0` 
- mariadb  `autostart wait 5` on port 3306
- mariadb2 `autostart wait 20` on port 3307
- nextcloud  `autostart wait 20` on port 444
- nextcloud2  `autostart wait 20` on port 448

All on bridged network. 
Each nextcloud is directed to via a proxy from Nginx.
Each nextcloud is linked to mariaDB via separate port.

Most of the time all is running fine, but from time to time I encounter the 

Maybe once a day...

Steps to replicate it:

1. I assumed that it was a problem of dockers starting too fast.
2. I tried to have a wait time before they start. But problem appears again. 
3. When I **stop** mariaDB2 and and NEXTCLOUD2 and restart it after few seconds, it works again. 

Could anyone suggest where to look for problems?

----------------

Nextcloud version: `Nextcloud 22.1.1`
Operating system and version : `UNRAID Version: 6.9.2 `
Nginx version:  `v2.9.9 © 2021`

The output of your Nextcloud log in **Admin > Logging**:
This is the only error warning I get since it has worked:

Which version of nextcloud?

I've come across an issue when upgrading to v21, then upgrading to latest mariadb docker. The fix was to revert Mariadb to an earlier version.  All good again after going to V22.

On 10/19/2021 at 5:12 AM, loady said:

I have followed space invaderones video to set this up and have it working ok, i set this up specifically to share a 2TB disk image, initially i tried moving it with MC to the nextcloud folder but it wouldnt show up, i then tried to upload it...that was going to take a year i think. I have been seraching through this thread and read that i needed to install the external storage app which i have and i need to map the folder in the docker, this is where i am getting confused i think...

https://gyazo.com/321449172c01b0dfe44984073a199180

I know i am just not understanding or typing something correctly, any help or a quicker and easier way to share this file

Not expert on this but move the data to the nextcloud folder. I assume you have created the users.

You then need to update the database.

Open a shell and put this in..

sudo -u abc php /config/www/nextcloud/occ files:scan --all

Then go to bed and don't hold your breath.

On 9/28/2021 at 5:16 AM, Eddie_B said:

When I try to enter the collabora address into the settings for Collabora Online in Nextcloud, it tells me that it could not establish a connection to the server. Looking at the nextcloud.log file, I found an error referring to the SSL certificate saying that it is a self signed certificate. Seeing as how I have both Nextcloud and Collabora sitting behind SWAG, this error doesn't make much sense to me, but I admit to not being an expert on this.

Anyone got any ideas here?

Need to set up subdomain for collabora eg collabora.mydomain.com as well as cloud.mydomain.com and point them to your server. Then declare them in swag and check the logs for certificate creation.

Run them all under proxynet. Check the config file in swag relating to collabora as well as cloud.Don't forget to rename them as .conf.  Then configure collabora in nextcloud settings. Otherwise no idea.

On 9/19/2021 at 8:17 PM, RJ59 said:

I have used NextCloud for some time now and UnRAID updates the docker regularly. But now I found out that my Nextcloud-version is 18.0.0, where NextCloud has moved up to 22.x. I thought updating the docker was enough to get newer NextCloud versions, but that doesn't seem to be the case. What do I have to do to move to NextCloud 22.x?

Upgrade nextcloud first (In nextcloud settings.) It will move progressively up to v22.  Then upgrade the docker. With each upgrade check and fix security settings along the way.

On 10/2/2021 at 3:51 AM, rojarrolla said:

Hello guys! thanks for all your work to make possible Nextcloud in Unraid.

I want to ask you some questions. But let me first explain you what happened to me.

I have a server running nextcloud in a docker container. It has an ssd as cache drive that holds the Nextcloud folder where all the files are stored before being moved to the array (my first mistake). Just to justify this, I was trying to speed up data transmissions but, since all the clients accessing this server are over the internet, it makes not much of a difference. And, in this case, was a disadvantage.

The thing is that I changed the server, and moved the drives to another one, started the array, but, to my bad luck the parity disk failed and I had to replace it. So I was distracted and never realized that the cache one was not recognized by Unraid (second mistake), and, despite of that, the array started normally and Nextcloud and MariaDB (which run from the cache drive) started as well. (it should be at least a flag there if the cache drives are missing when starting the array).

So when I loggid into nextcloud's webUI, It was asking me to configure the database. So I panicked and the best solution I could come up was to restore my appdata backup but it was 6 days old (third mistake). Then started Nextcloud again and it went "well". I could log on and all the users were being recognized but I wasn't aware that there were misstakes going on. 

Next day in the morning users were complaining that all their Nextcloud folders were missing files from last week.

So, the worst of all (like it hadn't been enough already) was that, due to the outdated database, Nextcloud deleted the newer files and those who had changes where an endless list of problems in the user application: checksum errors, sync errors, to mention some. Why did Nextcloud did this instead of asking the user to keep or delete those files?

I was really stressed. And I hope it does not happen to any of you guys.

So, I would like to understand deeper how Nextcloud + MariaDB work, because I thought that the database was only storing user names and passwords, but, as you have seen it is not. What else is stored in that database that needs to be handled carefully? 

Dos any of you have a good knowledge about how Nextcloud works internally In order to troubleshoot it better and faster?

And it is quite a topic, what to do and how to properly have Nextcloud backed up and maintained so data loss won't happen.

If there is here an advice on the best practices of how to proceed in case of critical hardware failure, I am open to suggestions and I hope that you can learn from my mistakes.

Here is what I've learned so far:

1.- Dont Use a Cache Drive for Nextcloud, at least from users that rely on it remotely.
2.- Backup MariaDB daily If more than once every day, much better.

3.- Every time the array starts, to check if all the cache pools and drives are working correctly.

4.- Don't jump fast into restoring backups, the right files could still be there... hidden.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers.

1 store your data on the array (in the nextcloud folder) and cache it. Unraid will manage it overnight.

If the database doesn't agree with the store contents try opening a console and entering sudo -u abc php /config/www/nextcloud/occ files:scan --all.  Allegedly it will rebuild the database.

• Like 1

Been trying to update my install to the latest version and have managed to muck it all up. I'd like to just start over - don't want to lose too much data and user preferences. Are there any instructions for performing a re-install without losing too much? thanks.

update:

I’ll go for this regular backup and restore.

https://docs.nextcloud.com/server/stable/admin_manual/maintenance/backup.html

Edited by dkerlee

I noticed my Nextcloud stopped working, and i cant figure out why?!
It may have been when Nextcloud, Swag or MariaDB updated (i use autoupdate-plugin).

But i cant find any errors in either of them?

Other sites works, like Heimdall, so its probably not SWAG, and i can connect to MariaDB with adminer and see nextcloud-db so probable not MariaDB either.

Im clueless, and have no idea what to do now...

Nextcloud

Spoiler

root@kapten:/mnt/user/appdata/nextcloud/log# cat php/error.log nginx/error.log
[24-Oct-2021 02:00:00] NOTICE: fpm is running, pid 2872
[24-Oct-2021 02:00:00] NOTICE: ready to handle connections
[25-Oct-2021 09:21:34] NOTICE: fpm is running, pid 393
[25-Oct-2021 09:21:34] NOTICE: ready to handle connections
[25-Oct-2021 09:29:06] NOTICE: Terminating ...
[25-Oct-2021 09:29:06] NOTICE: exiting, bye-bye!
[25-Oct-2021 09:29:15] NOTICE: fpm is running, pid 395
[25-Oct-2021 09:29:15] NOTICE: ready to handle connections
[26-Oct-2021 05:01:16] NOTICE: Terminating ...
[26-Oct-2021 05:01:16] NOTICE: exiting, bye-bye!
[26-Oct-2021 05:09:54] NOTICE: fpm is running, pid 392
[26-Oct-2021 05:09:54] NOTICE: ready to handle connections
[28-Oct-2021 19:36:53] NOTICE: Terminating ...
[28-Oct-2021 19:36:53] NOTICE: exiting, bye-bye!
[28-Oct-2021 19:37:01] NOTICE: fpm is running, pid 393
[28-Oct-2021 19:37:01] NOTICE: ready to handle connections
[29-Oct-2021 10:56:20] NOTICE: Terminating ...
[29-Oct-2021 10:56:20] NOTICE: exiting, bye-bye!
[29-Oct-2021 10:56:29] NOTICE: fpm is running, pid 395
[29-Oct-2021 10:56:29] NOTICE: ready to handle connections
[29-Oct-2021 10:59:16] NOTICE: Terminating ...
[29-Oct-2021 10:59:16] NOTICE: exiting, bye-bye!
[29-Oct-2021 11:08:01] NOTICE: fpm is running, pid 393
[29-Oct-2021 11:08:01] NOTICE: ready to handle connections

MariaDB

Spoiler

root@kapten:/mnt/user/appdata/mariadb/databases# cat 91b6971974d5.err
211029 11:09:29 mysqld_safe Starting mariadbd daemon with databases from /config/databases
2021-10-29 11:09:29 0 [Note] /usr/bin/mariadbd (mysqld 10.5.12-MariaDB-log) starting as process 496 ...
2021-10-29 11:09:29 0 [Note] InnoDB: Uses event mutexes
2021-10-29 11:09:29 0 [Note] InnoDB: Compressed tables use zlib 1.2.11
2021-10-29 11:09:29 0 [Note] InnoDB: Number of pools: 1
2021-10-29 11:09:29 0 [Note] InnoDB: Using crc32 + pclmulqdq instructions
2021-10-29 11:09:29 0 [Note] mariadbd: O_TMPFILE is not supported on /var/tmp (disabling future attempts)
2021-10-29 11:09:29 0 [Note] InnoDB: Using Linux native AIO
2021-10-29 11:09:29 0 [Note] InnoDB: Initializing buffer pool, total size = 268435456, chunk size = 134217728
2021-10-29 11:09:29 0 [Note] InnoDB: Completed initialization of buffer pool
2021-10-29 11:09:29 0 [Note] InnoDB: 128 rollback segments are active.
2021-10-29 11:09:29 0 [Note] InnoDB: Creating shared tablespace for temporary tables
2021-10-29 11:09:29 0 [Note] InnoDB: Setting file './ibtmp1' size to 12 MB. Physically writing the file full; Please wait ...
2021-10-29 11:09:29 0 [Note] InnoDB: File './ibtmp1' size is now 12 MB.
2021-10-29 11:09:29 0 [Note] InnoDB: 10.5.12 started; log sequence number 7078025644; transaction id 26259672
2021-10-29 11:09:29 0 [Note] InnoDB: Loading buffer pool(s) from /config/databases/ib_buffer_pool
2021-10-29 11:09:29 0 [Note] Plugin 'FEEDBACK' is disabled.
2021-10-29 11:09:29 0 [Note] Server socket created on IP: '::'.
2021-10-29 11:09:29 0 [Note] Reading of all Master_info entries succeeded
2021-10-29 11:09:29 0 [Note] Added new Master_info '' to hash table
2021-10-29 11:09:29 0 [Note] /usr/bin/mariadbd: ready for connections.
Version: '10.5.12-MariaDB-log'  socket: '/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock'  port: 3306  MariaDB Server
2021-10-29 11:09:29 0 [Note] InnoDB: Buffer pool(s) load completed at 211029 11:09:29

Edited by capt.shitface

Hello there,

so i was lookig around why my nextcloud is not starting anymore. 

I figured....my database is gone. 

Sadly i installet nextcloud with sqlight. The Database was stored in the Datafolder from nextcloud, and shame on me - i dont have a backup. 

So..can i rebuild my database somehow? Or how do i deal with that problem now. 

I have a lot of users in my nextcloud and a lot of apps installed in nextcloud and they are used a lot. 

So if just i were using it and there is only data inside i just would reinstall it but that is something that i would like to avoid....

Edited by anthem221
On 10/29/2021 at 6:26 AM, dkerlee said:

Been trying to update my install to the latest version and have managed to muck it all up. I'd like to just start over - don't want to lose too much data and user preferences. Are there any instructions for performing a re-install without losing too much? thanks.

update:

I’ll go for this regular backup and restore.

https://docs.nextcloud.com/server/stable/admin_manual/maintenance/backup.html

If the old instance doesn't work anymore, you could copy the files directory for your username in the nextcloud store file. (These files should be intact.) Then connect the client in your new instance to the copied files directory and let them sync back. Not elegant but would work.

On 9/21/2021 at 7:00 AM, Eddie_B said:

I have previously set up both Nextcloud and Collabora on my personal Unraid server and it has been cranking along fine for quite some time. Recently my boss discovered Nextcloud and wanted it. We initially had it running on a Synology but between the limited resources on the Syno and some behind the scenes networking stuff, we made the move to Unraid.

I was able to successfully move the database and all of the data over to our Unraid server and get it back up and running. Since I had not set Collabora up on the Synology, we were running without it on Unraid. I installed the Collabora docker, followed all of the same steps that I used on my personal server and I have been having all kinds of difficulty with it.

When I try to enter the collabora address into the settings for Collabora Online in Nextcloud, it tells me that it could not establish a connection to the server. Looking at the nextcloud.log file, I found an error referring to the SSL certificate saying that it is a self signed certificate. Seeing as how I have both Nextcloud and Collabora sitting behind SWAG, this error doesn't make much sense to me, but I admit to not being an expert on this.

I can access the Collabora admin page, and it does show that it is a secure connection verfied by LetsEncrypt.

If you are obtaining certificates via http, have you pointed port 80 and 443 in your router to the unraid server?  80 and sometimes 443 are usually redirected to other ports in the swag docker) Also have you created an "A" record or a cname for collabora.yourdns.com to point to your server?

Hi all,

with the latest release candidates for Unraid I experience a huge decrease in speed in Nextcloud.

All other dockers seem to work fine.

After having the issue with RC1 I reverted back to the last stable and everything seems to be on normal snappiness.

But now after switching to RC2 I see the same slow UI behavior.

Does anyone have the same issue?

Logs seems to be fine and no errors are noticeable - just everything is happening 3x slower.

I wonder if its related to my reverse proxy setup or if there is an issue with MariaDB.

I read on Reddit that many users are switching to PostgreSQL as it seems to be faster. But even if, can't get why the RCs having such an impact on my install?

On 10/29/2021 at 2:29 AM, capt.shitface said:

I noticed my Nextcloud stopped working, and i cant figure out why?!
It may have been when Nextcloud, Swag or MariaDB updated (i use autoupdate-plugin).

But i cant find any errors in either of them?

Other sites works, like Heimdall, so its probably not SWAG, and i can connect to MariaDB with adminer and see nextcloud-db so probable not MariaDB either.

Im clueless, and have no idea what to do now...

Nextcloud

Hide contents

root@kapten:/mnt/user/appdata/nextcloud/log# cat php/error.log nginx/error.log
[24-Oct-2021 02:00:00] NOTICE: fpm is running, pid 2872
[24-Oct-2021 02:00:00] NOTICE: ready to handle connections
[25-Oct-2021 09:21:34] NOTICE: fpm is running, pid 393
[25-Oct-2021 09:21:34] NOTICE: ready to handle connections
[25-Oct-2021 09:29:06] NOTICE: Terminating ...
[25-Oct-2021 09:29:06] NOTICE: exiting, bye-bye!
[25-Oct-2021 09:29:15] NOTICE: fpm is running, pid 395
[25-Oct-2021 09:29:15] NOTICE: ready to handle connections
[26-Oct-2021 05:01:16] NOTICE: Terminating ...
[26-Oct-2021 05:01:16] NOTICE: exiting, bye-bye!
[26-Oct-2021 05:09:54] NOTICE: fpm is running, pid 392
[26-Oct-2021 05:09:54] NOTICE: ready to handle connections
[28-Oct-2021 19:36:53] NOTICE: Terminating ...
[28-Oct-2021 19:36:53] NOTICE: exiting, bye-bye!
[28-Oct-2021 19:37:01] NOTICE: fpm is running, pid 393
[28-Oct-2021 19:37:01] NOTICE: ready to handle connections
[29-Oct-2021 10:56:20] NOTICE: Terminating ...
[29-Oct-2021 10:56:20] NOTICE: exiting, bye-bye!
[29-Oct-2021 10:56:29] NOTICE: fpm is running, pid 395
[29-Oct-2021 10:56:29] NOTICE: ready to handle connections
[29-Oct-2021 10:59:16] NOTICE: Terminating ...
[29-Oct-2021 10:59:16] NOTICE: exiting, bye-bye!
[29-Oct-2021 11:08:01] NOTICE: fpm is running, pid 393
[29-Oct-2021 11:08:01] NOTICE: ready to handle connections

MariaDB

Hide contents

root@kapten:/mnt/user/appdata/mariadb/databases# cat 91b6971974d5.err
211029 11:09:29 mysqld_safe Starting mariadbd daemon with databases from /config/databases
2021-10-29 11:09:29 0 [Note] /usr/bin/mariadbd (mysqld 10.5.12-MariaDB-log) starting as process 496 ...
2021-10-29 11:09:29 0 [Note] InnoDB: Uses event mutexes
2021-10-29 11:09:29 0 [Note] InnoDB: Compressed tables use zlib 1.2.11
2021-10-29 11:09:29 0 [Note] InnoDB: Number of pools: 1
2021-10-29 11:09:29 0 [Note] InnoDB: Using crc32 + pclmulqdq instructions
2021-10-29 11:09:29 0 [Note] mariadbd: O_TMPFILE is not supported on /var/tmp (disabling future attempts)
2021-10-29 11:09:29 0 [Note] InnoDB: Using Linux native AIO
2021-10-29 11:09:29 0 [Note] InnoDB: Initializing buffer pool, total size = 268435456, chunk size = 134217728
2021-10-29 11:09:29 0 [Note] InnoDB: Completed initialization of buffer pool
2021-10-29 11:09:29 0 [Note] InnoDB: 128 rollback segments are active.
2021-10-29 11:09:29 0 [Note] InnoDB: Creating shared tablespace for temporary tables
2021-10-29 11:09:29 0 [Note] InnoDB: Setting file './ibtmp1' size to 12 MB. Physically writing the file full; Please wait ...
2021-10-29 11:09:29 0 [Note] InnoDB: File './ibtmp1' size is now 12 MB.
2021-10-29 11:09:29 0 [Note] InnoDB: 10.5.12 started; log sequence number 7078025644; transaction id 26259672
2021-10-29 11:09:29 0 [Note] InnoDB: Loading buffer pool(s) from /config/databases/ib_buffer_pool
2021-10-29 11:09:29 0 [Note] Plugin 'FEEDBACK' is disabled.
2021-10-29 11:09:29 0 [Note] Server socket created on IP: '::'.
2021-10-29 11:09:29 0 [Note] Reading of all Master_info entries succeeded
2021-10-29 11:09:29 0 [Note] Added new Master_info '' to hash table
2021-10-29 11:09:29 0 [Note] /usr/bin/mariadbd: ready for connections.
Version: '10.5.12-MariaDB-log'  socket: '/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock'  port: 3306  MariaDB Server
2021-10-29 11:09:29 0 [Note] InnoDB: Buffer pool(s) load completed at 211029 11:09:29

I have the exact same problem with the exact same setup. Nextcloud + mariaDB + Swag. Recent update by auto-app-updates killed nextcloud. I've confirmed swag is fine, there was a new /config/nginx/proxy.conf file pushed but i tested out old & new one. No difference (the change was to set a header to blank, this was to fix a security issue). Based on logs that this person and I am seeing I assume its something to did with PHP. I know there was a PHP8 version in the works but checking the default/normal nextcloud php version shows its PHP 7.4.25 so it shouldn't be a bad PHP upgrade? I looked through https://github.com/linuxserver/docker-nextcloud/releases and couldn't find anything that stood out, seems everything is just re-basing to latest alpine release. In the Nextcloud GUI I was already up-to-date as of at least 1-2 weeks ago. I tried downgrading the docker image from latest (== 22.2.0-ls160) to 22.2.0-ls156 which is from about 1 month ago but that didn't help either. I'm out of idea's. PHP error logs don't show anything useful.

Update 1) changing log level to "debug" for php7 does not show any more information. I guess crash/shutdown happens too quickly. I looked at logs from 1 month ago and they are the same as today/OP in regards to fpm shutting down. Nextcloud was working at that time. I saw a warning regarding increasing max children in those older logs. I just increased pm.max_children = 300 from the default 5. Its the only thing i could see in the past logs. Didn't make a difference.

Update 2) I think it might be caused by DNS but still investigating. I use pihole for DNS. /etc/resolve.conf in nextcloud has the correct local DNS server IPv4 address. When i try to ping local servers using their local DNS entries in pihole (from within nextcloud docker container), it fails to resolve. I know pihole DNS entries are working in my web browser it should not be caused by pihole. I also see HTTP 302's in nextcloud logs (as there should be) but no errors.

Update 3) Probably not a DNS issue. Ran NSLookup from within containers and they can resolve DNS address just fine. If i go to Nextcloud WebUI from within unraid-->docker menu it goes to unraid IPv4:<nextcloud port>. This is good. This then redirects to correct DNS address as configured in nextcloud. That is a SWAG docker container within unraid. This container runs on custom network using macvlan driver (so it can get its own IPv4 static address from home router). Swag acts as reverse-proxy for nextcloud. Looking at its logs it says "2021/11/01 09:49:43 [error] 497#497: *1 connect() failed (111: Connection refused) while connecting to upstream," for <unraid Ipv4>:<nextcloud_port-mapping>. All address and DNS stuff looks correct. I tried curl from SWAG container to unraid GUI, it failed. I tried to <unraid Ipv4>:<nextcloud_port-mapping> and it failed. Possibly issue with networking between SWAG & unraid.

Update 4) Logs and tests seem to show that my swag container cannot reach unraid IPv4 address. I thinking the custom/special network I created for the swag container will probably need to be recreated. Maybe there was some docker or unraid update that modifying some default settings? Because Swag cannot reach the UnRaid host IPv4 address it cannot act as a reverse proxy.

Update 5) Turned docker on/off from UnRaid GUI. This seemed to fix whatever weird issue caused swag not to be able to access UnRaid IPv4 address. I guess the solution of turn it off & on is still the best solution that exists. I was just turning off/on the wrong things. (Note i did enable the docker option of preserving user networks at startup. This shouldn't matter because i didn't create any networks).

Edited by WeDevs