[Support] Linuxserver.io - Nextcloud

3 hours ago, WeDevs said:

I have the exact same problem with the exact same setup. Nextcloud + mariaDB + Swag. Recent update by auto-app-updates killed nextcloud. I've confirmed swag is fine, there was a new /config/nginx/proxy.conf file pushed but i tested out old & new one. No difference (the change was to set a header to blank, this was to fix a security issue). Based on logs that this person and I am seeing I assume its something to did with PHP. I know there was a PHP8 version in the works but checking the default/normal nextcloud php version shows its PHP 7.4.25 so it shouldn't be a bad PHP upgrade? I looked through https://github.com/linuxserver/docker-nextcloud/releases and couldn't find anything that stood out, seems everything is just re-basing to latest alpine release. In the Nextcloud GUI I was already up-to-date as of at least 1-2 weeks ago. I tried downgrading the docker image from latest (== 22.2.0-ls160) to 22.2.0-ls156 which is from about 1 month ago but that didn't help either. I'm out of idea's. PHP error logs don't show anything useful.

Update 1) changing log level to "debug" for php7 does not show any more information. I guess crash/shutdown happens too quickly. I looked at logs from 1 month ago and they are the same as today/OP in regards to fpm shutting down. Nextcloud was working at that time. I saw a warning regarding increasing max children in those older logs. I just increased pm.max_children = 300 from the default 5. Its the only thing i could see in the past logs. Didn't make a difference.

Update 2) I think it might be caused by DNS but still investigating. I use pihole for DNS. /etc/resolve.conf in nextcloud has the correct local DNS server IPv4 address. When i try to ping local servers using their local DNS entries in pihole (from within nextcloud docker container), it fails to resolve. I know pihole DNS entries are working in my web browser it should not be caused by pihole. I also see HTTP 302's in nextcloud logs (as there should be) but no errors.

Update 3) Probably not a DNS issue. Ran NSLookup from within containers and they can resolve DNS address just fine. If i go to Nextcloud WebUI from within unraid-->docker menu it goes to unraid IPv4:<nextcloud port>. This is good. This then redirects to correct DNS address as configured in nextcloud. That is a SWAG docker container within unraid. This container runs on custom network using macvlan driver (so it can get its own IPv4 static address from home router). Swag acts as reverse-proxy for nextcloud. Looking at its logs it says "2021/11/01 09:49:43 [error] 497#497: *1 connect() failed (111: Connection refused) while connecting to upstream," for <unraid Ipv4>:<nextcloud_port-mapping>. All address and DNS stuff looks correct. I tried curl from SWAG container to unraid GUI, it failed. I tried to <unraid Ipv4>:<nextcloud_port-mapping> and it failed. Possibly issue with networking between SWAG & unraid.

Having the same dead nextcloud on update issues you are having. Sounds like you run the same setup as I do. I will patentily await your findings while tinkering to see if I can figure it out as well.

On 10/27/2021 at 1:40 PM, Jessie said:

Which version of nextcloud?

Right now I am running the 22.2.0 and the latest mariadb - the problem continues... 

I have installed Uptime Kuma to monitor the problem a bit and it seems like the databases are 100% reachable, though. 

On the other hand also the Uptime Kuma container becomes unreachable from time to time. 

I start to suspect that there is a problem somewhere in the docker app itself. ?! 

Spoiler

Mine is working now, i dont really know what caused the problem, i cleand my array from som plugins & dockers that i didn't need or didn't use, rebooted and then i worked.

I also had the "OpenSpeedTest-Server" docker, that stopped working.

Dont know if its related but i just removed it without troubleshooting.

My server also started to hang/crash every other day. I googled i found that i should disable c-state in BIOS. After that its been working for a few(3-4) days now.

Edit: I checked "Previous installed" in Apps. I removed these:
Dockers: Dozzle, Whoogle, OpenSpeedTest.
Plugins: Dynamix Cache Dirs, Speedtest 

Edited by capt.shitface

I have wiped my nextcloud & started from scratch & I found out that there are some LDAP issues with this build... I tried the official nextcloud build & LDAP works flawlessly but in Linuxserver build I'm not sure what is wrong but all the fields after I fill them up seem to have no effect.

also onlyoffice isnt working on Linuxserver build but works on the official build.

i get this message in my logs:

Could not detect any host in http:///data/htaccesstest.txt

RuntimeException: Could not get appdata folder for preview

I dont know if what I said makes any sense :)

Edited by PSYCHOPATHiO
On 11/4/2021 at 4:48 PM, gilladur said:

Hi all,

with the latest release candidates for Unraid I experience a huge decrease in speed in Nextcloud.

All other dockers seem to work fine.

After having the issue with RC1 I reverted back to the last stable and everything seems to be on normal snappiness.

But now after switching to RC2 I see the same slow UI behavior.

Does anyone have the same issue?

Logs seems to be fine and no errors are noticeable - just everything is happening 3x slower.

I wonder if its related to my reverse proxy setup or if there is an issue with MariaDB.

I read on Reddit that many users are switching to PostgreSQL as it seems to be faster. But even if, can't get why the RCs having such an impact on my install?

I am experiencing the same. My Nextcloud gui instance is slow. Hopefully, this gets fixed with a Unraid update or a docker update. 

8 hours ago, Tucubanito07 said:

I am experiencing the same. My Nextcloud gui instance is slow. Hopefully, this gets fixed with a Unraid update or a docker update. 

I've reported this issue also when RC1 was released but, even with some help of the community, I could not get to the root of the issue. On the other hand I did find an user which is on RC1 or RC2 which is not seeing the reduced speed.
If someone has an idea how to track this down - I'm open for testing 🙂

• Thanks 1

So I had to manually downgrade the onlyoffice app in next cloud because I accidentally updated and then things stopped working. Followed the instructions from jlfilcken https://help.nextcloud.com/t/error-after-upgrading-app/126540/16

I am now getting error of pensions not being appropriate 

His instructions reference

To fixing of the access permissions to the underlying files and folders.
with the following

sudo -u root find ./onlyoffice -type d -exec chmod 0750 {} ;

sudo -u root find ./onlyoffice -type f -exec chmod 0640 {} ;

I can not figure out where to run those commands

when I tried to run them in the unraid terminal at the below file level
/mnt/user/appdata/nextcloud/www/nextcloud/apps

I get the error → find: missing argument to `-exec’

Cross posting as hope someone here might know thanks in advance

8 hours ago, Aceriz said:

So I had to manually downgrade the onlyoffice app in next cloud because I accidentally updated and then things stopped working. Followed the instructions from jlfilcken https://help.nextcloud.com/t/error-after-upgrading-app/126540/16

I am now getting error of pensions not being appropriate 

His instructions reference

To fixing of the access permissions to the underlying files and folders.
with the following

sudo -u root find ./onlyoffice -type d -exec chmod 0750 {} ;

sudo -u root find ./onlyoffice -type f -exec chmod 0640 {} ;

I can not figure out where to run those commands

when I tried to run them in the unraid terminal at the below file level
/mnt/user/appdata/nextcloud/www/nextcloud/apps

I get the error → find: missing argument to `-exec’

Cross posting as hope someone here might know thanks in advance

I ran into this same issue. It's most likely because you're running an outdated version of OnlyOffice. Switch to the official image. That's what I did and it cleared it up without having to downgrade the plugin.

3 hours ago, Z3unraid said:

I ran into this same issue. It's most likely because you're running an outdated version of OnlyOffice. Switch to the official image. That's what I did and it cleared it up without having to downgrade the plugin.

I had tried to update the SIWAT'S onlyoffice document server which had been at version6.0 when I accidentally updated the Nextcloud onlyoffice app. But continued to run into error where is keeps saying  "The “documentType” parameter for the config object is invalid. Please correct it."  

this is what led to me trying to find process to downgrade the nextcloud app..

am not able to figure out however the last part to change permissions.  As now when I attempt to load a document It does at least launch a new window for onlyoffice but does not load anything... just sits with loading screen... 

I'm getting this error when in the Nextcloud WebUi trying to create an admin account and configuring MariaDB: Error while trying to create admin user: Failed to connect to the database: An exception occurred in the driver: SQLSTATE[HY000] [1045] Access denied for user '******'@'172.19.0.1' (using password: YES)

Why is this happening?

Hey guys 

it seems like my docker container got nuked with the latest update. I think it’s related to my Mariadb. My Mariadb log gets spammed with the same message over and over 

211113 02:31:24 mysqld safe Starting mariadbd daemon with
databases from /config/databases
211113 02:31:25 mysqld safe Logging to '/config/databases/73bc06bd266c.err'

in the named file its just this message over and over again:

211113 02:25:57 mysqld_safe Starting mariadbd daemon with databases from /config/databases 2021-11-13 2:25:57 0 [Note] /usr/bin/mariadbd (mysqld 10.5.12-MariaDB-log) starting as process 496 ... 2021-11-13 2:25:57 0 [Note] InnoDB: Uses event mutexes 2021-11-13 2:25:57 0 [Note] InnoDB: Compressed tables use zlib 1.2.11 2021-11-13 2:25:57 0 [Note] InnoDB: Number of pools: 1 2021-11-13 2:25:57 0 [Note] InnoDB: Using crc32 + pclmulqdq instructions 2021-11-13 2:25:57 0 [Note] mariadbd: O_TMPFILE is not supported on /var/tmp (disabling future attempts) 2021-11-13 2:25:57 0 [Note] InnoDB: Using Linux native AIO 2021-11-13 2:25:57 0 [Note] InnoDB: Initializing buffer pool, total size = 268435456, chunk size = 134217728 2021-11-13 2:25:57 0 [Note] InnoDB: Completed initialization of buffer pool 2021-11-13 2:25:57 0 [Note] InnoDB: 128 rollback segments are active. 2021-11-13 2:25:57 0 [Note] InnoDB: Creating shared tablespace for temporary tables 2021-11-13 2:25:57 0 [Note] InnoDB: Setting file './ibtmp1' size to 12 MB. Physically writing the file full; Please wait ... 2021-11-13 2:25:57 0 [Note] InnoDB: File './ibtmp1' size is now 12 MB. 2021-11-13 2:25:57 0 [Note] InnoDB: 10.5.12 started; log sequence number 8367293001; transaction id 37076987 2021-11-13 2:25:57 0 [Note] InnoDB: Loading buffer pool(s) from /config/databases/ib_buffer_pool 2021-11-13 2:25:57 0 [Note] Plugin 'FEEDBACK' is disabled. 2021-11-13 2:25:57 0 [Note] InnoDB: Buffer pool(s) load completed at 211113 2:25:57 2021-11-13 2:25:57 0 [ERROR] mariadbd: File '/conf/config/log/mysql/mariadb-bin.005698' not found (Errcode: 2 "No such file or directory") 2021-11-13 2:25:57 0 [ERROR] Failed to open log (file '/conf/config/log/mysql/mariadb-bin.005698', errno 2) 2021-11-13 2:25:57 0 [ERROR] Could not open log file 2021-11-13 2:25:57 0 [ERROR] Can't init tc log 2021-11-13 2:25:57 0 [ERROR] Aborting

can I just delete my Mariadb docker and reinstall it without completely destroying my Nextcloud installation?

41 minutes ago, kralwal said:

Hey guys 

it seems like my docker container got nuked with the latest update. I think it’s related to my Mariadb. My Mariadb log gets spammed with the same message over and over 

in the named file its just this message over and over again:

can I just delete my Mariadb docker and reinstall it without completely destroying my Nextcloud installation?

If you search back through this post or the mariadb thread, you'll see solutions to fix it.

21 hours ago, Reva said:

I'm getting this error when in the Nextcloud WebUi trying to create an admin account and configuring MariaDB: Error while trying to create admin user: Failed to connect to the database: An exception occurred in the driver: SQLSTATE[HY000] [1045] Access denied for user '******'@'172.19.0.1' (using password: YES)

Why is this happening?

That's saying it's unable to connect to your mariadb instance. So re-check your mariadb container is working correctly.

3 minutes ago, j0nnymoe said:

If you search back through this post or the mariadb thread, you'll see solutions to fix it.

Yes I know but they don’t work for me, that’s why I asked if it’s possible to completely remove MariaDB

reverting to an older version didn’t do anything. 

Edited by kralwal
On 12/12/2020 at 2:54 PM, skois said:

I use NginxProxyManager, after adding my proxy host i go to /mnt/user/appdata/NginxProxyManager/nginx/proxy_host/numberoftheNChost.conf 
i copied the whole "location / " block and then i edited again the proxy host though webui (npm webui), Advanced tab.
Pasted the location /  block and added the following lines.

proxy_connect_timeout 1d;
proxy_send_timeout 1d;
proxy_read_timeout 1d;
send_timeout 1d;

Anywhere in the block doesn't matter.

Hey mate,
I´m having the same issue, I think. If I share data that takes longer then 15min to download, the download interrupts. I have tried your solution, which did not work for me.

image.png.a66c25c47ba587f048dea81a3a56f18a.png

The NGINX Proxy Manager saves the chances into the /mnt/user/appdata/NginxProxyManager/nginx/proxy_host/numberoftheNChost.conf file but nobody is able to download large files.

image.png.0b8632a14032ee67e27c0fb4b6d1dac3.png

Do you know any other solution or I´m forced to switch to swag instead?

8 minutes ago, MPHxLegend said:

Hey mate,
I´m having the same issue, I think. If I share data that takes longer then 15min to download, the download interrupts. I have tried your solution, which did not work for me.

image.png.a66c25c47ba587f048dea81a3a56f18a.png

The NGINX Proxy Manager saves the chances into the /mnt/user/appdata/NginxProxyManager/nginx/proxy_host/numberoftheNChost.conf file but nobody is able to download large files.

image.png.0b8632a14032ee67e27c0fb4b6d1dac3.png

Do you know any other solution or I´m forced to switch to swag instead?

It's been a while and I don't use NMP anymore or unraid at all.
But just to make sure.. you changed the `numberoftheNChost.conf` with the actual number of the conf file right?
it will probably be something like 5.conf or whatever.

I am on release candidate 2 for Unraid and every time I update nextcloud I have errors. Could it be because no everything on the container is update to work on the new Unraid version 6.10 RC2? I tried to update to 21.0.7 just now and it kept telling me

"The server was unable to complete your request.

If this happens again, please send the technical details below to the server administrator.

More details can be found in the server log.

Technical details

Remote Address: 10.10.x.x"

However, when I checked the logs on "cat /mnt/user/appdata/nextcloud/www/nextcloud/data/nextcloud.log" and there was nothing. Has anyone ran into this problem?

I run into the "update in procress" Problem while the last update.. tried to stop the maintenance via ssh with no succes..i did it bei editing the config.php. i^ve tried do do start tzhe update manual, like on the first page in this thread...but still have problems:

docker exec -it nextcloud updater.phar
sh: docker: not found
docker exec -it nextcloud occ maintenance:mode --on

I guess the best idea would be an backup restore...i've found them but don't know how to do it..totally noob..

20 hours ago, Slaytanic said:

I run into the "update in procress" Problem while the last update.. tried to stop the maintenance via ssh with no succes..i did it bei editing the config.php. i^ve tried do do start tzhe update manual, like on the first page in this thread...but still have problems:

docker exec -it nextcloud updater.phar
docker exec -it nextcloud occ maintenance:mode --on

I guess the best idea would be an backup restore...i've found them but don't know how to do it..totally noob..

Dont go into the docker console to enter those commands. Use Unraid terminal. Also for manual update start at step 3 on the first post. 

• Like 1

Its my first time doing any kind of networking in along time. I just made my Unraid server a little while ago. I want to connect it so I can use it as a cloud machine as well. 

I am using this guide: https://medium.com/@chrismorris_82249/setup-a-reverse-proxy-nextcloud-server-on-unraid-using-letsencrypt-831905d94f7d

I got stuck on let's encrypt where I am getting the following error:

Certbot failed to authenticate some domains (authenticator: standalone). The Certificate Authority reported these problems:

Domain: unraiddnsrosh.duckdns.org
Type: connection
Detail: Fetching http://unraiddnsrosh.duckdns.org/.well-known/acme-challenge/9HVgFbSc0kexwymYiTK4JAcppmx74-9uY53Hyb1doKw: Timeout during connect (likely firewall problem)

Hint: The Certificate Authority failed to download the challenge files from the temporary standalone webserver started by Certbot on port 80. Ensure that the listed domains point to this machine and that it can accept inbound connections from the internet.

Some challenges have failed.

Ask for help or search for solutions at https://community.letsencrypt.org. See the logfile /var/log/letsencrypt/letsencrypt.log or re-run Certbot with -v for more details.
ERROR: Cert does not exist! Please see the validation error above. The issue may be due to incorrect dns or port forwarding settings. Please fix your settings and recreate the container

Some challenges have failed.

Ask for help or search for solutions at https://community.letsencrypt.org. See the logfile /var/log/letsencrypt/letsencrypt.log or re-run Certbot with -v for more details.
ERROR: Cert does not exist! Please see the validation error above. The issue may be due to incorrect dns or port forwarding settings. Please fix your settings and recreate the container

Would appreciate it if someone could help me resolve this issue. Plus when I click on my SSL Provisions button it just keeps spinning.