[Support] Linuxserver.io - Nextcloud

20 hours ago, tazire said:

Dont go into the docker console to enter those commands. Use Unraid terminal. Also for manual update start at step 3 on the first post. 

I did a restore of an backup. my NExtcloud is running now.. but thank you anyway...just tested the maintenance mode in the terminal and it works!

I'll spare the details but essentially I as trying to resolve the cache writing issues to my new cache pools and must have messed something up during mover to my array or back from my array. Now nextcloud's php error log gives me this:

2021/11/21 06:12:48 [error] 1794#1794: *63211 FastCGI sent in stderr: "PHP message: PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught Doctrine\DBAL\Exception: Failed to connect to the database: An exception occurred in the driver: SQLSTATE[HY000] [2006] MySQL server has gone away in /config/www/nextcloud/lib/private/DB/Connection.php:87
Stack trace:
#0 /config/www/nextcloud/3rdparty/doctrine/dbal/src/Connection.php(1486): OC\DB\Connection->connect()
#1 /config/www/nextcloud/3rdparty/doctrine/dbal/src/Connection.php(1014): Doctrine\DBAL\Connection->getWrappedConnection()
#2 /config/www/nextcloud/lib/private/DB/Connection.php(231): Doctrine\DBAL\Connection->executeQuery()
#3 /config/www/nextcloud/3rdparty/doctrine/dbal/src/Query/QueryBuilder.php(210): OC\DB\Connection->executeQuery()
#4 /config/www/nextcloud/lib/private/DB/QueryBuilder/QueryBuilder.php(287): Doctrine\DBAL\Query\QueryBuilder->execute()
#5 /config/www/nextcloud/lib/private/AppConfig.php(344): OC\DB\QueryBuilder\QueryBuilder->execute()
#6 /config/www/nextcloud/lib/private/AppConfig.php(109): OC\AppConfig->loadConfigValues()
#7" while reading response header from upstream, client: 154.3.44.228, server: _, request: "PROPFIND /remote.php/dav/files/TBoneStaek/ HTTP/1.1", upstream: "fastcgi://127.0.0.1:9000", host: "nextcloud.[mydomain].com"
2021/11/21 06:12:48 [error] 1794#1794: *63213 FastCGI sent in stderr: "PHP message: PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught Doctrine\DBAL\Exception: Failed to connect to the database: An exception occurred in the driver: SQLSTATE[HY000] [2006] MySQL server has gone away in /config/www/nextcloud/lib/private/DB/Connection.php:87
Stack trace:
#0 /config/www/nextcloud/3rdparty/doctrine/dbal/src/Connection.php(1486): OC\DB\Connection->connect()
#1 /config/www/nextcloud/3rdparty/doctrine/dbal/src/Connection.php(1014): Doctrine\DBAL\Connection->getWrappedConnection()
#2 /config/www/nextcloud/lib/private/DB/Connection.php(231): Doctrine\DBAL\Connection->executeQuery()
#3 /config/www/nextcloud/3rdparty/doctrine/dbal/src/Query/QueryBuilder.php(210): OC\DB\Connection->executeQuery()
#4 /config/www/nextcloud/lib/private/DB/QueryBuilder/QueryBuilder.php(287): Doctrine\DBAL\Query\QueryBuilder->execute()
#5 /config/www/nextcloud/lib/private/AppConfig.php(344): OC\DB\QueryBuilder\QueryBuilder->execute()
#6 /config/www/nextcloud/lib/private/AppConfig.php(109): OC\AppConfig->loadConfigValues()
#7" while reading response header from upstream, client: 154.3.44.228, server: _, request: "PROPFIND /remote.php/dav/files/Coaldez341/ HTTP/1.1", upstream: "fastcgi://127.0.0.1:9000", host: "nextcloud.[mydomain].com"

Please ELI5 as I have very very little CLI knowledge (though Nextcloud so far has been changing this...)

I can't access the web gui locally or through reverse proxy.

Edited by TBoneStaek
22 minutes ago, TBoneStaek said:

I'll spare the details but essentially I as trying to resolve the cache writing issues to my new cache pools and must have messed something up during mover to my array or back from my array. Now nextcloud's php error log gives me this:

2021/11/21 06:12:48 [error] 1794#1794: *63211 FastCGI sent in stderr: "PHP message: PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught Doctrine\DBAL\Exception: Failed to connect to the database: An exception occurred in the driver: SQLSTATE[HY000] [2006] MySQL server has gone away in /config/www/nextcloud/lib/private/DB/Connection.php:87
Stack trace:
#7" while reading response header from upstream, client: 154.3.44.228, server: _, request: "PROPFIND /remote.php/dav/files/TBoneStaek/ HTTP/1.1", upstream: "fastcgi://127.0.0.1:9000", host: "nextcloud.[mydomain].com"
2021/11/21 06:12:48 [error] 1794#1794: *63213 FastCGI sent in stderr: "PHP message: PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught Doctrine\DBAL\Exception: Failed to connect to the database: An exception occurred in the driver: SQLSTATE[HY000] [2006] MySQL server has gone away in /config/www/nextcloud/lib/private/DB/Connection.php:87
Stack trace:
#7" while reading response header from upstream, client: 154.3.44.228, server: _, request: "PROPFIND /remote.php/dav/files/Coaldez341/ HTTP/1.1", upstream: "fastcgi://127.0.0.1:9000", host: "nextcloud.[mydomain].com"

Please ELI5 as I have very very little CLI knowledge (though Nextcloud so far has been changing this...)

I can't access the web gui locally or through reverse proxy.

"MySQL server has gone away in /config/www/nextcloud/lib/private/DB/Connection.php:87"

You need to investigate your MariaDB/MySQL Container as the problem lies there, not with nextcloud.

On 11/19/2021 at 1:14 PM, tazire said:

Have you tried doing the manual update in the first post on this thread?? I have stopped doing the updates in nextcloud because I get errors every now and then and the manual update just works every time for me. Currently on 22.2.3

I tried doing it the manual way and got an error "Exception: Database error when running migration latest for app notifications" and after some research i see that mariadb 10.6 is not compatible. So i checked my mariadb and its on "MySQL version: 5.5.5-10.5.13-MariaDB-log" so i have no idea why. Welp, ill try another version when its release and see. Thank you @tazire

Hi all. I have a maybe unique question. How would I go about migrating my existing docker instance of Nextcloud (current image from linuxserver.io) to Unraid? It's currently set up on docker-compose in Proxmox. Search results return tones of tutorials in how to set up a new instance in Docker, and how to transfer from the oldschool install to docker. But nothing that I've found to transfer from 1 docker instance to a new docker instance (this time in Unraid.)

Any guidance would be appreciated.

On 11/8/2021 at 1:25 PM, capt.shitface said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Mine is working now, i dont really know what caused the problem, i cleand my array from som plugins & dockers that i didn't need or didn't use, rebooted and then i worked.

I also had the "OpenSpeedTest-Server" docker, that stopped working.

Dont know if its related but i just removed it without troubleshooting.

My server also started to hang/crash every other day. I googled i found that i should disable c-state in BIOS. After that its been working for a few(3-4) days now.

Edit: I checked "Previous installed" in Apps. I removed these:
Dockers: Dozzle, Whoogle, OpenSpeedTest.
Plugins: Dynamix Cache Dirs, Speedtest 

Its not working anymore again, i'm so fucking tired with all the strange problems on my unraid lately.
I give up.... 😢

i spent over 11000sek (~1200$) on this machine, i just want it to work.

I ordered a new USB-stick today, backing-up as much as i can and try to re-do the whole server from scratch in the weekend.

On 2/25/2021 at 9:13 PM, capt.shitface said:

Got some trouble while upgrade via web-gui.
Tried the updater.phar in docker instead. it says

[✔] Check for expected files
[✔] Check for write permissions
[✔] Create backup
[✔] Downloading
[✔] Verify integrity

[   ] Extracting ...PHP Warning:  require(/config/www/nextcloud/updater/../version.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in phar:///config/www/nextcloud/updater/updater.phar/lib/Updater.php on line 658
PHP Fatal error:  require(): Failed opening required '/config/www/nextcloud/updater/../version.php' (include_path='.:/usr/share/php7') in phar:///config/www/nextcloud/updater/updater.phar/lib/Updater.php on line 658
root@c3af26c4f37e:/data# cd /config/www/nextcloud/updater/

Im stuck.

Same here.

Any news how to fix this?

32 minutes ago, jafi said:

Same here.

Any news how to fix this?

On 3/1/2021 at 1:40 PM, capt.shitface said:

No. I deleted the Docker and used CA CLEANUP APPDATA to clean-up appdata. Then reinstalled. Not too much work because database and /data is not affected.
Be ware, 2FFA didn't work after reinstall, i had to use backup-codes to login and the "reinstall and re-activate" 2FFA. 

2 hours ago, alturismo said:

from page 1 ... may try this

image.png.41ddf8fafdc61688777b23ca5ebefd74.png

Like capt.shitface said in the quote that I used, we tried to use updater.phar via console. But it fails.

docker exec -it nextcloud updater.phar
Nextcloud Updater - version: v20.0.0beta4-11-g68fa0d4

Current version is 22.2.0.

Update to Nextcloud 22.2.3 available. (channel: "stable")
Following file will be downloaded automatically: https://download.nextcloud.com/server/releases/nextcloud-22.2.3.zip
Open changelog ↗

Steps that will be executed:
[ ] Check for expected files
[ ] Check for write permissions
[ ] Create backup
[ ] Downloading
[ ] Verify integrity
[ ] Extracting
[ ] Enable maintenance mode
[ ] Replace entry points
[ ] Delete old files
[ ] Move new files in place
[ ] Done

Start update? [y/N] y

Info: Pressing Ctrl-C will finish the currently running step and then stops the updater.

[✔] Create backup
[✔] Downloading
[✔] Verify integrity
[ ] Extracting ...PHP Warning:  require(/config/www/nextcloud/updater/../version.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in phar:///config/www/nextcloud/updater/updater.phar/lib/Updater.php on line 658
PHP Fatal error:  require(): Failed opening required '/config/www/nextcloud/updater/../version.php' (include_path='.:/usr/share/php7') in phar:///config/www/nextcloud/updater/updater.phar/lib/Updater.php on line 658

I'm having an issue upgrading from 21.0.7 to 22.2.3.  I'm using the Web Updater and it gets all the way to the last step of turning Maintenance Mode off and starting the update process and then I get an "Internal Server Error".  I'm not quite sure where to go from here.  Any suggestions?  Upgrades up until now, including upgrading from 21.0.5 to 21.0.7 worked just fine.

I'm getting a message telling me that my NextCloud is in Maintenance mode. Just a few minutes earlier it was working fine.  I checked for any updates, and found two.  I applied them then when I refreshed the page, I got the message below.  I've restarted the docker image and the log shows no errors.  How do I clear this so I can use the service again?

image.png.421fd68fa54637a2d79500f09f418ddb.png

Update: I did a google search and was able to fix the issue with the following:

cd /config/www/nextcloud

sudo -u abc ./occ maintenance:mode --off

This worked.

Edited by dius

I have an issue on Unraid.

I tried to upadte the app from witin nextcloud and it goit stuck in maitance mode. I tried using occ but that gives the following error

root@7dbf3a08b34e:/# sudo -u abc php /config/www/nextcloud/occ maintenance:mode --off
Nextcloud or one of the apps require upgrade - only a limited number of commands are available
You may use your browser or the occ upgrade command to do the upgrade
Maintenance mode disabled
root@7dbf3a08b34e:/# sudo -u abc php /config/www/nextcloud/occ upgrade
Nextcloud or one of the apps require upgrade - only a limited number of commands are available
You may use your browser or the occ upgrade command to do the upgrade
Setting log level to debug
Turned on maintenance mode
Updating database schema
Updated database
Updating <mail> ...
An unhandled exception has been thrown:
ArgumentCountError: Too few arguments to function OCA\Mail\Migration\ProvisionAccounts::__construct(), 0 passed in /config/www/nextcloud/lib/private/Repair.php on line 122 and exactly 1 expected in /config/www/nextcloud/apps/mail/lib/Migration/ProvisionAccounts.php:37
Stack trace:
#0 /config/www/nextcloud/lib/private/Repair.php(122): OCA\Mail\Migration\ProvisionAccounts->__construct()
#1 /config/www/nextcloud/lib/private/legacy/OC_App.php(1035): OC\Repair->addStep()
#2 /config/www/nextcloud/lib/private/legacy/OC_App.php(979): OC_App::executeRepairSteps()
#3 /config/www/nextcloud/lib/private/Updater.php(375): OC_App::updateApp()
#4 /config/www/nextcloud/lib/private/Updater.php(254): OC\Updater->doAppUpgrade()
#5 /config/www/nextcloud/lib/private/Updater.php(130): OC\Updater->doUpgrade()
#6 /config/www/nextcloud/core/Command/Upgrade.php(255): OC\Updater->upgrade()
#7 /config/www/nextcloud/3rdparty/symfony/console/Command/Command.php(255): OC\Core\Command\Upgrade->execute()
#8 /config/www/nextcloud/3rdparty/symfony/console/Application.php(1000): Symfony\Component\Console\Command\Command->run()
#9 /config/www/nextcloud/3rdparty/symfony/console/Application.php(271): Symfony\Component\Console\Application->doRunCommand()
#10 /config/www/nextcloud/3rdparty/symfony/console/Application.php(147): Symfony\Component\Console\Application->doRun()
#11 /config/www/nextcloud/lib/private/Console/Application.php(215): Symfony\Component\Console\Application->run()
#12 /config/www/nextcloud/console.php(100): OC\Console\Application->run()
#13 /config/www/nextcloud/occ(11): require_once('/config/www/nex...')
#14 {main}root@7dbf3a08b34e:/# 

On 6/13/2021 at 8:08 AM, Rayce185 said:

I updated Nextcloud to 21.0.2 on Unraid version 6.9.2 and now I receive following error in the nextcloud log:

PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to a member function getLogger() on null in /config/www/nextcloud/cron.php:163

Stack trace:

}
thrown in /config/www/nextcloud/cron.php on line 163

Nextcloud isn't accessible anymore with following Error message:

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request.
Please contact the server administrator if this error reappears multiple times, please include the technical details below in your report.
More details can be found in the webserver log.

Any advice?

Did you ever get an answer to this, I'm having the exact same error and issue?

Hello,

I was running into the same problems @skois and @blaine07 after a CODE / collabora update. Finding the solution was a pretty frustrating journey and was buried in a forum post somewhere far along the trail. I could not find the solution in here either, but I might have read over it as the search options on this forum are not optimal, so please correct me if this a double post.

THIS is what worked for me:

post collabora/code:6.4.9.3 versions there have been some changes that need to be adjusted in your nginx collabora config, and in your advanced settings in your docker template. 

Change in appdata\letsencrypt\nginx\proxy-confs\collabora.subdomain.conf

all instances of:

"loleaflet" to "browser" 

"lool" to "cool" 

Change docker template in advance view:

Web UI "https://[IP]:[PORT:9980]/loleaflet/dist/admin/admin.html" to ""https://[IP]:[PORT:9980]/browser/dist/admin/admin.html"

• Like 1
On 11/23/2021 at 2:52 PM, Roshill said:

Its my first time doing any kind of networking in along time. I just made my Unraid server a little while ago. I want to connect it so I can use it as a cloud machine as well. 

I am using this guide: https://medium.com/@chrismorris_82249/setup-a-reverse-proxy-nextcloud-server-on-unraid-using-letsencrypt-831905d94f7d

I got stuck on let's encrypt where I am getting the following error:

Certbot failed to authenticate some domains (authenticator: standalone). The Certificate Authority reported these problems:

Domain: unraiddnsrosh.duckdns.org
Type: connection
Detail: Fetching http://unraiddnsrosh.duckdns.org/.well-known/acme-challenge/9HVgFbSc0kexwymYiTK4JAcppmx74-9uY53Hyb1doKw: Timeout during connect (likely firewall problem)

Hint: The Certificate Authority failed to download the challenge files from the temporary standalone webserver started by Certbot on port 80. Ensure that the listed domains point to this machine and that it can accept inbound connections from the internet.

Some challenges have failed.

Ask for help or search for solutions at https://community.letsencrypt.org. See the logfile /var/log/letsencrypt/letsencrypt.log or re-run Certbot with -v for more details.
ERROR: Cert does not exist! Please see the validation error above. The issue may be due to incorrect dns or port forwarding settings. Please fix your settings and recreate the container

Some challenges have failed.

Ask for help or search for solutions at https://community.letsencrypt.org. See the logfile /var/log/letsencrypt/letsencrypt.log or re-run Certbot with -v for more details.
ERROR: Cert does not exist! Please see the validation error above. The issue may be due to incorrect dns or port forwarding settings. Please fix your settings and recreate the container

Would appreciate it if someone could help me resolve this issue. Plus when I click on my SSL Provisions button it just keeps spinning.

In the swag docker, set port 80 to 8088. Then in your router make sure you have forwarded ports 80 to 8088 to the ip address of your unraid server.  Also forward port 443 to the unraid server.  Then in the unraid interface, go to settings/managementaccess and set "use SSL/TLS" to no. This will disable the unraid interface from the internet which is a personal choice else there will be a clash on port 443. My preference for outside access to the unraid interface is via a vpn tunnel. (More secure imo) If you want the unraid interface to access the internet you have to change settings for port 443. 

On 11/25/2021 at 5:44 PM, jafi said:

Like capt.shitface said in the quote that I used, we tried to use updater.phar via console. But it fails.

Following file will be downloaded automatically: https://download.nextcloud.com/server/releases/nextcloud-22.2.3.zip
Open changelog ↗

[ ] Create backup
[ ] Downloading
[ ] Verify integrity
[ ] Extracting
[ ] Replace entry points
[ ] Delete old files
[ ] Done

Start update? [y/N] y

Info: Pressing Ctrl-C will finish the currently running step and then stops the updater.

[✔] Create backup
[✔] Downloading
[✔] Verify integrity
[ ] Extracting ...PHP Warning:  require(/config/www/nextcloud/updater/../version.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in phar:///config/www/nextcloud/updater/updater.phar/lib/Updater.php on line 658
PHP Fatal error:  require(): Failed opening required '/config/www/nextcloud/updater/../version.php' (include_path='.:/usr/share/php7') in phar:///config/www/nextcloud/updater/updater.phar/lib/Updater.php on line 658

The gui updater has its moments. It seems to time out before completing the task. The work around is to press the back button on the browser, go back to settings and wait. The task is still working in the background. After a couple of minutes press update and it will be waiting for you at the next step.  I find it usually crashes at create backup and downloading.  Each time it does go back wait then proceed. After the updater gets past the enable maintence mode step, dont go back to settings else you will need to go to console and turn it off with commands.  It will probably hang on "move new files into place". Wait a few seconds, try again and it will eventually get to the end. I wouldn't do a ctrl c because that would stop the process.

I hope someone can help me with this error. When I go to settings and I click on overview under administration. I get the below error. This is a fresh install on 23.0.0. I have been searching around and can't seem to find the answer. I does not happen to me on the other container I have but on a version 21.0.x.

There are some errors regarding your setup.

Error occurred while checking server setup

On 12/2/2021 at 2:54 AM, habeme said:

Hello,

I was running into the same problems @skois and @blaine07 after a CODE / collabora update. Finding the solution was a pretty frustrating journey and was buried in a forum post somewhere far along the trail. I could not find the solution in here either, but I might have read over it as the search options on this forum are not optimal, so please correct me if this a double post.

post collabora/code:6.4.9.3 versions there have been some changes that need to be adjusted in your nginx collabora config, and in your advanced settings in your docker template. 

all instances of:

"loleaflet" to "browser" 

"lool" to "cool" 

Web UI "https://[IP]:[PORT:9980]/loleaflet/dist/admin/admin.html" to ""https://[IP]:[PORT:9980]/browser/dist/admin/admin.html"

Thanks so much for this. Didn't have time to look far into it, appreciate the info! 

Hello,

all instances of:
"loleaflet" to "browser" 
"lool" to "cool" 

Web UI "https://[iP]:[PORT:9980]/loleaflet/dist/admin/admin.html" to ""https://[iP]:[PORT:9980]/browser/dist/admin/admin.html"

Somehow just saw this. Will have to give it a whirl this evening!

Thanks!
On 11/25/2021 at 1:44 AM, jafi said:

Open changelog ↗

[ ] Create backup
[ ] Downloading
[ ] Verify integrity
[ ] Extracting
[ ] Replace entry points
[ ] Delete old files
[ ] Done

Start update? [y/N] y

[✔] Create backup
[✔] Downloading
[✔] Verify integrity

I'm seeing a very similar set of issues as @jafi and @capt.shitface when trying to update from 21.0.5 to 21.0.7 (at this time) and something caught my eye...
I'm curious if you're seeing the same thing, if it matters or if I'm going down the wrong path

I've noticed that my /data path permissions are not set for 'abc' 'abc' but rather 'nobody' 'users'

I was trying to compare with a friend of mine but we're a bit at a loss. I'm not sure if the permissions are screwing me up or if it's just something else I'm not catching

For reference; I first tried running the update via the gui but it failed for... honestly I cannot remember but it was on the step for "Move new files in place"

I've tried subsequently to run updater.phar and am running into similar difficulties

Part of me is curious if it's permissions based but I'm not certain

If anyone can assist or point me in a different direction it'd be appreciated

image.thumb.png.0381b4d9074d5543007bb6852198f545.png

Hello, I was running nextcloud for couple of months with minor issues (warnings on the logs) then all of sudden one day I when I used the Unraid web ui  to update the docker and then the actual Nextcloud updater inside of the Nextcloud Settings interface its now stuck on:     Update in process.

I tried running restarting the docker, restarting Unraid, I have also tried the update command within unraid terminal and lastly I tried putting nextcloud in maintenance mode to no avail. 

root@Poseidon:~# docker exec -it nextcloud updater.phar

Current version is 20.0.9.

Update to Nextcloud 20.0.14 available. (channel: "stable")
Following file will be downloaded automatically: https://download.nextcloud.com/server/releases/nextcloud-20.0.14.zip
Open changelog ↗

[✔] Create backup
[✔] Downloading
[ ] Verify integrity
[ ] Extracting
[ ] Replace entry points
[ ] Delete old files
[ ] Done

Continue update? [y/N] y

[✔] Create backup
[✔] Downloading
[✘] Verify integrity failed
Signature of update is not valid

Update failed. To resume or retry just execute the updater again.
root@Poseidon:~# docker exec -it nextcloud occ maintenance:mode --on
Could not open input file: /config/www/nextcloud/occ
root@Poseidon:~# docker exec -it nextcloud occ maintenance:mode --on
Could not open input file: /config/www/nextcloud/occ
root@Poseidon:~# ^C
root@Poseidon:~# 

Hey community,

since August I have the error, bc the switch to alpine. ( on linuxserver /mariadb )

now I switched to the newest mariadb from library ( for the best protection )

with Adminer I uploaded my backup.sql (  picture )

The nextcloud shows me still internal error. I can't find the logs  ( in the config.php I change the setting logfile to (config/log/nextcloud.log and gave him with chmod 777 and sudo -u abc permission ) still there is nothing in the file.

I change the config.php on the parameter what I used on the mariadb docker ( dbname, dbuser, dbpasswort )

what did I wrong ?

image.thumb.png.733933ec1df741524f12090fcf8d33ce.png

image.png.c22a49d3eeaa64b38453889ca21d0c15.png

image.png.eaadf2459d6e538b79c4ef468635cc26.png

Versions:

unraid: 6.9.3

Nextcloud:

By: linuxserver/nextcloud

MariaDB:

By: library/mariadb

Edited by srepper

Evening all,

Unable to open documents....

Looking for a bit of input. Been running Nextcloud/Collabora/Mariadb/letsencrypt/Duckdns for quite a while. Think I used the Spaceinvader guides.

I had not updated in a while and just updated EVERYTHING! LOL Brought Nextcloud up to v22 within the container, from !8 I think. (although I did update the container first). Unraid is 6.9.2

Logs look good except Collabora. 

Other than needing to change letsencrypt to swag - Did I miss a setting change in these updates somewhere?

log12-4.docxlog12-4.docx

Error.jpg