[Support] Linuxserver.io - Nextcloud

On 1/6/2022 at 4:44 PM, gacpac said:

when you mess with br0 it's part of unraid way of working. the best way to do that is having to nic cards one use it for management and the other one use it for the other networks. Someone can explain better than me, but long story short the docker won't be able to reach that 192.168.2.102. 

I suggest you look the tutorial from spaceinvaderone in youtube to get a better understanding of why you should use a docker network instead of br0

Hi @gacpac, 
thanks for your answer.

I had watched the video before, but it didn't quite solve my problem. I could now unfortunately not actually set the desired IP, but should not be further problematic.

I had found the following solution for me after trying several times:

Mariadb container I have now set to "host" and the nextcloud container to "bridged". Only then I could continue the installation. 

2 hours ago, dxniel7402 said:

Hi @gacpac, 
thanks for your answer.

I had watched the video before, but it didn't quite solve my problem. I could now unfortunately not actually set the desired IP, but should not be further problematic.

I had found the following solution for me after trying several times:

Mariadb container I have now set to "host" and the nextcloud container to "bridged". Only then I could continue the installation. 

Hi together,

I have here again a short update, because: I got it to work the way I want it to! :)

I have now been able to solve it by running both containers under "br0" each with their own IP addresses.

However, I had the problem that under br0 I could only reach Nextcloud within a VM, conversely if I set it to bridged, I could only reach it from a local PC or the like. (e.g. iPhone) and in a VM it did not work. 
Since I have two network interfaces, the solution was to add another route.

In Nextcloud during the installation I entered the IP of the mariadb container... well and now everything works as I wanted :)

I think I'm the only one with this problem... so if somehow questions arise I try to answer them ;)

24 minutes ago, dxniel7402 said:

Hi together,

I have here again a short update, because: I got it to work the way I want it to! :)

I have now been able to solve it by running both containers under "br0" each with their own IP addresses.

However, I had the problem that under br0 I could only reach Nextcloud within a VM, conversely if I set it to bridged, I could only reach it from a local PC or the like. (e.g. iPhone) and in a VM it did not work. 
Since I have two network interfaces, the solution was to add another route.

In Nextcloud during the installation I entered the IP of the mariadb container... well and now everything works as I wanted :)

I think I'm the only one with this problem... so if somehow questions arise I try to answer them ;)

I'm curious to know your use case, for using dedicated IP Adresses for both nextcloud and mariadb. I just remember there's a setting that might allow you to access host networks using br0 inside docker settings, but it's not perfect, i still rather have 2 physical nics and go from there. 

image.png.713ff208305a4c624336652cd5efcc23.png

Edited by gacpac

I have a problem too.

I got the 400 ssl error, so my question is as following:

How do I get a ssl-cert for my nextcould, so that I can access it via my domain name with CNAME forwarder (and use it with NginxProxyManager)?

I can get a ssl certificate via my NginxProxyManager, but how to access that nextcloud instance?
Because I forwarded everything properly but getting the common ssl error:

400 Bad Request

The plain HTTP request was sent to HTTPS port

4 minutes ago, rikdegraaff said:

I have a problem too.

I got the 400 ssl error, so my question is as following:

How do I get a ssl-cert for my nextcould, so that I can access it via my domain name with CNAME forwarder (and use it with NginxProxyManager)?

I can get a ssl certificate via my NginxProxyManager, but how to access that nextcloud instance?
Because I forwarded everything properly but getting the common ssl error:

400 Bad Request

The plain HTTP request was sent to HTTPS port

Activate this ins NginxProxyManager

image.png.a012b11a2f47bf1f95a45ca3573a91b2.png

24 minutes ago, Vitor Ventura said:
No, no, no...

Have you edited file config.php?

minute 22.28

Sent from my HD1913 using Tapatalk

Sorry, my bad.
Yes I added a trusted domain to the config.php so that I can get in via the reverse proxy.
Can you tell me what is wrong with that?
I'm a little worried about it, right now...

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my POCO F1 using Tapatalk

EDIT: I am now following the video and will edit the files as necessary. 
EDIT2: I followed the video until 24:12 minute and cannot proceed, as I cannot find the proxy-confs folder in my NginxProxyManager appdata folder... I assume it is safe now, right @Vitor Ventura?

Edited by rikdegraaff
2 hours ago, rikdegraaff said:

Sorry, my bad.
Yes I added a trusted domain to the config.php so that I can get in via the reverse proxy.
Can you tell me what is wrong with that?
I'm a little worried about it, right now...

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my POCO F1 using Tapatalk

EDIT: I am now following the video and will edit the files as necessary. 
EDIT2: I followed the video until 24:12 minute and cannot proceed, as I cannot find the proxy-confs folder in my NginxProxyManager appdata folder... I assume it is safe now, right @Vitor Ventura?

which port are you using in nextcloud? 443?

you need to point to the same port.

if you are using 443 for nginxproxymanager, you cannot use for nextcloud

2c6e0f8c4ef3aa69cc53a99df15ec117.png
The line wasn’t there so I added it. Testing now

Update: it says it failed but looks like it did upload44d4dea4da397367cf8db327da39c6a4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Yup. Same thing that happened to me it drive me crazy for months. Anyhow just curious what is that device you are using nextcloud from?

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

11 hours ago, Vitor Ventura said:

which port are you using in nextcloud? 443?

you need to point to the same port.

if you are using 443 for nginxproxymanager, you cannot use for nextcloud

If I point my container to 2443 or some other port, do I need to change that at more places?

And if yes, at which file do I need to change the port also?

1 hour ago, Vitor Ventura said:

you need to change in the template

Okay I did.

Now another problem, I have the error 413 Entitiy too big.
I've edited it in NginxProxyManager via the corresponding file 6.conf in my folder /appdata/NginxProxyManager/nginx/proxy_host/ using the client_max_body_size 0; option adding that to my 6.conf file.

Whereas 6.conf is my file to my Nextcloud proxy host file.

Is that all I should do to remove the 413 error?

Or are there some other files that I need to edit for solving that error?

Thanks for all the help so far.

25 minutes ago, rikdegraaff said:

Okay I did.

Now another problem, I have the error 413 Entitiy too big.
I've edited it in NginxProxyManager via the corresponding file 6.conf in my folder /appdata/NginxProxyManager/nginx/proxy_host/ using the client_max_body_size 0; option adding that to my 6.conf file.

Whereas 6.conf is my file to my Nextcloud proxy host file.

Is that all I should do to remove the 413 error?

Or are there some other files that I need to edit for solving that error?

Thanks for all the help so far.

IMO i'd remove and start again in NginxProxyManager.

Domain, Scheme https, container ip, port, leave everything default.

SSL, request new SSL, agree terms and save

Edit, SSL activate SSL and HSTS

Save

Done, now a 403 forbidden error, forbidden to move from my nextcloud desktop app (Win 11).

That is weird, do I need to chmod something..? Or what causes the ""403 Forbidden" to "MOVE /x/x/x/" (Sabre\DAV\Exception\Forbidden\)" - error?

Jeez, it won't stop throwing errors at me........

EDIT: Now after a fresh install and reboot of the Desktop app Nextcloud on my Windows 11 machine it is syncing again.

ETA until full sync 2 hours 19 minutes, hoping that all the files will sync without any problems...

Last EDIT: It's working now, first on Win 11 my desktop client keeps freezing and not responding, now I downloaded Nextcloud desktop v2.3.3 ans everything synced perfectly! Thanks for all the support.

Edited by rikdegraaff
See EDIT and Last EDIT
  • Like 1

Has anyone gotten this to connect with Google Drive? I tried but when I get to the oath I get this error:
image.png.897a2d89f42f13467ce43bc4adbd5ab8.png

I haven't been able to figure it out. I enabled the app, followed the instructions for adding the client id and secret. I get the error when I try to sign in via Nextcloud under "Data Migration".

On 12/12/2021 at 7:14 PM, Ntouchable said:

I have had this same issue with "files_external" since upgrading past Nextcloud 21 and have been using the same fix quoted above each time I upgrade to a new version.

I have since updated to Nextcloud 23.0.0 and this fix still works to get the system out of maintenance mode, such that I can access the web interface.

However, "External storages" now can no longer connect to my Unraid shares and Nextcloud shows the following error.

Has anyone else had this issue?

{"reqId":"wOPQlpFXU3Kh1M7Ok3YO","level":3,"time":"2021-12-12T19:10:00+00:00","remoteAddr":"172.18.0.4","user":"admin","app":"index","method":"GET","url":"/apps/files_external/globalstorages/11?testOnly=true","message":"Class 'Icewind\\SMB\\BasicAuth' not found in file '/config/www/nextcloud/apps/files_external/lib/Lib/Backend/SMB.php' line 79","userAgent":"Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/96.0.4664.45 Safari/537.36","version":"23.0.0.10","exception":{"Exception":"Exception","Message":"Class 'Icewind\\SMB\\BasicAuth' not found in file '/config/www/nextcloud/apps/files_external/lib/Lib/Backend/SMB.php' line 79","Code":0,"Trace":[{"file":"/config/www/nextcloud/lib/private/AppFramework/App.php","line":157,"function":"dispatch","class":"OC\\AppFramework\\Http\\Dispatcher","type":"->"},{"file":"/config/www/nextcloud/lib/private/Route/Router.php","line":302,"function":"main","class":"OC\\AppFramework\\App","type":"::"},{"file":"/config/www/nextcloud/lib/base.php","line":1006,"function":"match","class":"OC\\Route\\Router","type":"->"},{"file":"/config/www/nextcloud/index.php","line":36,"function":"handleRequest","class":"OC","type":"::"}],"File":"/config/www/nextcloud/lib/private/AppFramework/Http/Dispatcher.php","Line":158,"Previous":{"Exception":"Error","Message":"Class 'Icewind\\SMB\\BasicAuth' not found","Code":0,"Trace":[{"file":"/config/www/nextcloud/apps/files_external/lib/Controller/StoragesController.php","line":250,"function":"manipulateStorageConfig","class":"OCA\\Files_External\\Lib\\Backend\\SMB","type":"->"},{"file":"/config/www/nextcloud/apps/files_external/lib/Controller/StoragesController.php","line":264,"function":"manipulateStorageConfig","class":"OCA\\Files_External\\Controller\\StoragesController","type":"->"},{"file":"/config/www/nextcloud/apps/files_external/lib/Controller/StoragesController.php","line":346,"function":"updateStorageStatus","class":"OCA\\Files_External\\Controller\\StoragesController","type":"->","args":["*** sensitive parameters replaced ***"]},{"file":"/config/www/nextcloud/lib/private/AppFramework/Http/Dispatcher.php","line":217,"function":"show","class":"OCA\\Files_External\\Controller\\StoragesController","type":"->"},{"file":"/config/www/nextcloud/lib/private/AppFramework/Http/Dispatcher.php","line":126,"function":"executeController","class":"OC\\AppFramework\\Http\\Dispatcher","type":"->"},{"file":"/config/www/nextcloud/lib/private/AppFramework/App.php","line":157,"function":"dispatch","class":"OC\\AppFramework\\Http\\Dispatcher","type":"->"},{"file":"/config/www/nextcloud/lib/private/Route/Router.php","line":302,"function":"main","class":"OC\\AppFramework\\App","type":"::"},{"file":"/config/www/nextcloud/lib/base.php","line":1006,"function":"match","class":"OC\\Route\\Router","type":"->"},{"file":"/config/www/nextcloud/index.php","line":36,"function":"handleRequest","class":"OC","type":"::"}],"File":"/config/www/nextcloud/apps/files_external/lib/Lib/Backend/SMB.php","Line":79},"CustomMessage":"--"}}

Exception: Class 'Icewind\SMB\BasicAuth' not found in file '/config/www/nextcloud/apps/files_external/lib/Lib/Backend/SMB.php' line 79
/config/www/nextcloud/lib/private/AppFramework/App.php - line 157:

OC\AppFramework\Http\Dispatcher->dispatch()

/config/www/nextcloud/lib/private/Route/Router.php - line 302:

OC\AppFramework\App::main()

/config/www/nextcloud/lib/base.php - line 1006:

OC\Route\Router->match()

/config/www/nextcloud/index.php - line 36:

OC::handleRequest()

Caused by Error: Class 'Icewind\SMB\BasicAuth' not found
/config/www/nextcloud/apps/files_external/lib/Controller/StoragesController.php - line 250:

OCA\Files_External\Lib\Backend\SMB->manipulateStorageConfig()

/config/www/nextcloud/apps/files_external/lib/Controller/StoragesController.php - line 264:

OCA\Files_External\Controller\StoragesController->manipulateStorageConfig()

/config/www/nextcloud/apps/files_external/lib/Controller/StoragesController.php - line 346:

OCA\Files_External\Controller\StoragesController->updateStorageStatus("*** sensiti ... *")

/config/www/nextcloud/lib/private/AppFramework/Http/Dispatcher.php - line 217:

OCA\Files_External\Controller\StoragesController->show()

/config/www/nextcloud/lib/private/AppFramework/Http/Dispatcher.php - line 126:

OC\AppFramework\Http\Dispatcher->executeController()

/config/www/nextcloud/lib/private/AppFramework/App.php - line 157:

OC\AppFramework\Http\Dispatcher->dispatch()

/config/www/nextcloud/lib/private/Route/Router.php - line 302:

OC\AppFramework\App::main()

/config/www/nextcloud/lib/base.php - line 1006:

OC\Route\Router->match()

/config/www/nextcloud/index.php - line 36:

OC::handleRequest()

I am still having the same issue with External Storages.

It seems to relate to the fact that the Docker image does not include the "php smb client":

1. Nextcloud Forum - Smbclient not installed

2. Github - Smbclient not installed in the Nextcloud Docker official image ?

I have further confirmed this within the Nextcloud Documentation.

Now I seem to have identified the issue, how do I get the SMB client installed for this to work?

EDIT: Solution = I think my install got damaged at some point via multiple updates over the last few years. Solution was to reinstall Nextcloud and create a new database.

Edited by Ntouchable