[Support] Linuxserver.io - Nextcloud

Just upgraded to 22.2.5 no real issues except some "missing indices".

ncupdate.thumb.png.00d5c0e776342212cb3bf3fd00a17587.png

console into nextcloud and cd to

cd /config/www/nextcloud

than run

chmod 777 occ
sudo -u abc ./occ db:add-missing-indices

restarted tha container

ncupdate2.thumb.png.f153124ce959e1bc6f743767510192f7.png

Resolved.

-hope it helps.

Edited by Tolete
  • Like 2

Upgraded to 23.0.2, and now I'm getting these errors.

Google search says to replace the file core/js/mimetypelist.js with the file from the GitHub repo, but I'm not able to paste the file into the directory.

Any ideas?

EDIT: I was able to change the permissions to replace the file. I used this one and the commands below. All errors resolved.

cd /mnt/user/appdata/nextcloud/www/nextcloud/core/js

chmod 777 mimetypelist.js

*replace file*

chmod 664 mimetypelist.js

Errors:

image.thumb.png.6a88bd4ac0c1cc47586de3aa7e61b8ee.png

image.thumb.png.805972abbf08dce4d3c9490d6c75aec6.png

Edited by carnivorebrah
  • Like 1

Which NextCloud repo do you guys use? Mine is the 'lscr.io/linuxserver/nextcloud' one and it is still on 23.0.0 and says no updates...

And when I try to update manually via the UI, I get an error when it's trying to do a backup.

EDIT: nm, the error I got was a timeout, so I continued the update process twice and it updated fine.

I also got the indices warning:

The database is missing some indexes. Due to the fact that adding indexes on big tables could take some time they were not added automatically. By running "occ db:add-missing-indices" those missing indexes could be added manually while the instance keeps running. Once the indexes are added queries to those tables are usually much faster.

Missing index "properties_pathonly_index" in table "oc_properties".

Missing index "job_lastcheck_reserved" in table "oc_jobs".

I ran the command listed and now the warning is gone.

I do have the following warning which I cannot seem to be able to get rid of:

The "X-Robots-Tag" HTTP header is not set to "none". This is a potential security or privacy risk, as it is recommended to adjust this setting accordingly.

The "X-Frame-Options" HTTP header is not set to "SAMEORIGIN". Some features might not work correctly, as it is recommended to adjust this setting accordingly.

My X-Robots-Tag is set to "none,noarchive,nosnippet,notranslate,noimageindex"

My X-Frame-Options is set to "frameDeny: true # X-Frame-Options=deny"

Should I just ignore these warnings? My securityheaders.com scan shows an A.

Edited by shpitz461

installed nextcloud with mariadb year ago with help by spaceinvaider video ,

all working Fine ... also updated to lasted version with no problem. Using NginxProxyManager and Cloudflare.

1. From nextcloud config.php this setting is from time when used swag then switched to NPM but its still working i think becoze same ip ...

array (
    0 => 'swag',
  ),

so should i change it to 

array (
    0 => 'NginxProxyManager',
  ),

2. Also having this error:

Your web server is configured incorrectly to allow "/.well-known/webfinger". For more information see our documentation ↗.
Your web server is configured incorrectly to allow "/.well-known/nodeinfo". For more information see our documentation ↗.

I believe you need to put the hostname, which is the name of the container.

I've put 'traefik' in mine since that's the name of my traefik container.

If your nginx container name is 'NginxProxyManager' then put that there.

Not sure about your issue #2, did you look in the documentation like it said you should?

• Like 1
33 minutes ago, shpitz461 said:

f your nginx container name is 'NginxProxyManager' then put that there.

Thanks i already did that 'NginxProxyManager' but its also worked with 'swag' so i think its related to container ip ...

34 minutes ago, shpitz461 said:

Not sure about your issue #2, did you look in the documentation like it said you should?

i looked documentation but after changes i had more error so i leaved it...

root@Tower:~# docker exec -it nextcloud updater.phar 
Nextcloud Updater - version: v20.0.0beta4-11-g68fa0d4

Current version is 23.0.2.

Update to Nextcloud 23.0.2 available. (channel: "beta")
Following file will be downloaded automatically: https://download.nextcloud.com/server/releases/nextcloud-23.0.2.zip
Open changelog ↗

Steps that will be executed:
[ ] Check for expected files
[ ] Check for write permissions
[ ] Create backup
[ ] Downloading
[ ] Verify integrity
[ ] Extracting
[ ] Enable maintenance mode
[ ] Replace entry points
[ ] Delete old files
[ ] Move new files in place
[ ] Done

Start update? [y/N] y

Info: Pressing Ctrl-C will finish the currently running step and then stops the updater.

[✔] Check for expected files
[✔] Check for write permissions
[✔] Create backup
[✔] Downloading
[✔] Verify integrity
[✔] Extracting
[✔] Enable maintenance mode
[✔] Replace entry points
[✔] Delete old files
[✔] Move new files in place
[✔] Done

Update of code successful.

Should the "occ upgrade" command be executed? [Y/n] Y
Nextcloud or one of the apps require upgrade - only a limited number of commands are available
You may use your browser or the occ upgrade command to do the upgrade
2022-02-20T23:55:47+00:00 Setting log level to debug
2022-02-20T23:55:47+00:00 Repair step: Repair MySQL collation
2022-02-20T23:55:47+00:00 Repair info: All tables already have the correct collation -> nothing to do
2022-02-20T23:55:47+00:00 Repair step: Repair SQLite autoincrement
2022-02-20T23:55:47+00:00 Repair step: Copy data from accounts table when migrating from ownCloud
2022-02-20T23:55:47+00:00 Repair step: Drop account terms table when migrating from ownCloud
2022-02-20T23:55:47+00:00 Updating database schema
2022-02-20T23:55:47+00:00 Doctrine\DBAL\Schema\SchemaException: The table with name 'nextcloud.oc_authorized_groups' already exists.
2022-02-20T23:55:47+00:00 Update failed
2022-02-20T23:55:47+00:00 Maintenance mode is kept active
2022-02-20T23:55:47+00:00 Resetting log level

Keep maintenance mode active? [y/N] y
Maintenance mode kept active

i need help.

Doctrine\DBAL\Schema\SchemaException: The table with name 'nextcloud.oc_authorized_groups' already exists.
Update failed

:-((((

Started getting a strange issue with the files tab on the webgui... It wont populate for me at all.... Just updated recently to 23.0.2 which seemed to be fine but now this. Functionally its fine in every other aspect. Photos tab shows all the most recent uploaded photos etc. Anyone else experienced this?

Have updates the container just there this evening too and the problem persists. Is this possibly a mariadb issue?

msedge_AzRsenoE7H.png

root@VenturaNas:~# docker exec -it nextcloud updater.phar  

Current version is 21.0.5.

Update to Nextcloud 21.0.9 available. (channel: "stable")
Following file will be downloaded automatically: https://download.nextcloud.com/server/releases/nextcloud-21.0.9.zip
Open changelog ↗

[ ] Create backup
[ ] Downloading
[ ] Verify integrity
[ ] Extracting
[ ] Replace entry points
[ ] Delete old files
[ ] Done

Start update? [y/N] y

Info: Pressing Ctrl-C will finish the currently running step and then stops the updater.

[✔] Check for expected files
[✔] Check for write permissions
[ ] Create backup ...PHP Warning:  copy(/data/updater-oc9q1ejvugli/backups/nextcloud-21.0.5.1-1645524247/apps/mail/l10n/ca.js): failed to open stream: No error information in phar:///config/www/nextcloud/updater/updater.phar/lib/Updater.php on line 395
[✘] Create backup failed
Could not copy "/config/www/nextcloud/apps/mail/l10n/ca.js" to "/data/updater-oc9q1ejvugli/backups/nextcloud-21.0.5.1-1645524247/apps/mail/l10n/ca.js". Destination /data/updater-oc9q1ejvugli/backups/nextcloud-21.0.5.1-1645524247/apps/mail/l10n/ca.js is not writable                                                   

Update failed. To resume or retry just execute the updater again.
root@VenturaNas:~# docker exec -it nextcloud updater.phar  

Current version is 21.0.5.

Update to Nextcloud 21.0.9 available. (channel: "stable")
Following file will be downloaded automatically: https://download.nextcloud.com/server/releases/nextcloud-21.0.9.zip
Open changelog ↗

[ ] Create backup
[ ] Downloading
[ ] Verify integrity
[ ] Extracting
[ ] Replace entry points
[ ] Delete old files
[ ] Done

Start update? [y/N] y

[ ] Check for expected files ...PHP Warning:  mkdir(): I/O error in phar:///config/www/nextcloud/updater/updater.phar/lib/Updater.php on line 997
[✘] Check for expected files failed
Could not create $updaterDir

Update failed. To resume or retry just execute the updater again.

I'm having this problem.

tried everything

On 2/22/2022 at 12:12 AM, shpitz461 said:

Did you try in incognito mode? Also try to clear cookies and re-try.

Yes I have tried different pc's different browsers and still nothing. Also noticed my auto uploads from my phone have stopped working. I did post in mariadb about a warning I was getting in relation to a mysql upgrade but having done that the problem still persists with nextcloud! no warnings in logs either which is making it a real pain to try diagnose. 

Does anyone have any suggestions on what logs to look at to troubleshoot upload issues?  I seem to be running into issues uploading larger files (2GB is what I'm currently testing with) and receive a "Cannot upload...." message when I try using a folder shared as a File Drop (upload only).  When I set the folder to "Allow upload and editing", I receive a "An unknown error has occurred" message.  I am running NextCloud and Swag.

NextCloud v23.0.2

• The UI under System shows PHP Upload Max Size as 100GB
  • NextCloud's nginx.conf file has client_max_body_size set to 0 (disabled)
  • Swag's nginx.conf file has client_max_body_size set to 0 (disabled)
  • Swag's nextcloud.subdomain.conf file has client_max_body_size set to 0 (disabled)

I've turned the logging value to 1 (0 was just impossible to find anything) and do not see anything in both the UI Logs area or the nextcloud.log file.  I don't see any logs in var/logs/nginx or var/logs/php.

1 hour ago, gacpac said:

It's been answered couple times in the forum, you'll probably have to scroll back

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

I've searched for every term I can think of in this thread and across other sites and everything I'm finding leads back to changing stuff I mentioned above.  I did just find something about changing a user.ini file but that didn't help either.  If you know of a resolution somewhere in this thread, please link me to it when you get the chance.

I did do some more testing and found that it's failing on files over 500ish MB (through Google Chrome).  So while it looks like I've taken a lot of steps to increase this, I'm still missing something somewhere.  Back through the documentation I go.

14 minutes ago, gacpac said:

Oh boy, hold in let me look up my history. But long story short it comes down to the swag container, they fixed it in future updates in the container but you have to delete the files in order to pull the new ones with the correct codes. 

Hmm...I found this thread which sounds like what you stated but am unsure which nginx.conf file(s) I should be deleting.

https://github.com/linuxserver/docker-swag/issues/91

I tried deleting (just renamed) both nginx.conf files in Swag (/defaults/) and NextCloud (/defaults/) and restarted both containers but neither of them have recreated.

13 hours ago, gacpac said:

Oh boy, hold in let me look up my history. But long story short it comes down to the swag container, they fixed it in future updates in the container but you have to delete the files in order to pull the new ones with the correct codes. 

I renamed the nginx.conf file in Swag (/etc/nginx/) and restarted Swag and it looks like it downloaded a new copy as it had an older date.  I updated the client_max_body_size set to 0, restarted again, and I was able to upload larger files when logged in as the user.

I went back to my original test scenario and tried uploading a 500MB test file via a File Drop link and after almost a minute, I received a "Connection to server lost" message.  I changed the folder to have "Allow update and editing" permissions and tried again and received the same error message but this time it took about 1:30.  Looks like I have something new to look into.

Hi I just installed this Docker along with Mariadb and Swag, exactly as per Space Invader One's video, and everything is working fine. I'm brand new to Unraid and Dockers, so I followed every step very carefully.

My problem is that there seems to be an upload size limit. Files over 1GB are not uploaded and my Mac desktop app shows the error "Server replied "413 Request Entity Too Larg..."

I have searched this thread and the web without finding a clear resolution that I can understand. Are there some clear instructions to increase the max file size somewhere?

Thanks!

Screen Shot 2022-02-24 at 7.17.09 PM.png

42 minutes ago, malebron said:

Hi I just installed this Docker along with Mariadb and Swag, exactly as per Space Invader One's video, and everything is working fine. I'm brand new to Unraid and Dockers, so I followed every step very carefully.

My problem is that there seems to be an upload size limit. Files over 1GB are not uploaded and my Mac desktop app shows the error "Server replied "413 Request Entity Too Larg..."

I have searched this thread and the web without finding a clear resolution that I can understand. Are there some clear instructions to increase the max file size somewhere?

Thanks!

Screen Shot 2022-02-24 at 7.17.09 PM.png

Please take a look at the six or so posts directly above yours.  There should be some info in there to help.