[Support] Linuxserver.io - Nextcloud

21 minutes ago, dius said:

I'm still trying to get Collabora & Nextcloud to work together.  Nextcloud shows that the Collabora server is reachable:

image.png.fa0d4355f0f4019307be0ae8228d4560.png

Yet I can't edit any documents using the Collabora server:

image.png.ac29e306d64dcae703b352b0a45c24fa.png

The swag log shows an error when I try to edit a document:

image.thumb.png.6749aa9f3a6f5ba96f453a4a66034191.png

And I get this error showing up in the Collabora log file:

image.png.f2c67f8a4b9bf7e831d567869dc16c2c.png

followed by several of these:

image.thumb.png.ca057ae671fa9221259064d3f2a38536.png

I know it's asking a lot, but I have no real clue how to troubleshoot this.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance...

please see updated variable entry on my post.

3 minutes ago, Tolete said:

see updated post.

See my post above about admin panel.

Does this: 

# Admin Console websocket
location ^~ /lool/adminws {
  proxy_set_header Upgrade $http_upgrade;
  proxy_set_header Connection "upgrade";
  proxy_http_version 1.1;
  proxy_pass $forward_scheme://$server:$port;
  proxy_set_header Host $http_host;
  proxy_read_timeout 36000s;
}

need to change because admin URL changed?

EDIT: also, using above, is there a way to make the ADMIN page only accessible internally and not at all outside LAN?

Edited by blaine07
5 minutes ago, blaine07 said:

See my post above about admin panel.

Does this: 

# Admin Console websocket
  proxy_set_header Upgrade $http_upgrade;
  proxy_set_header Connection "upgrade";
  proxy_http_version 1.1;
  proxy_pass $forward_scheme://$server:$port;
  proxy_set_header Host $http_host;
  proxy_read_timeout 36000s;
}

need to change because admin URL changed?

EDIT: also, using above, is there a way to make the ADMIN page only accessible internally and not at all outside LAN?

post updated. new config

38 minutes ago, Tolete said:

please see updated variable entry on my post.

Thanks for your response.

This is how I setup my aliasgroup1 variable.  I've tried it with the port 443 and without.  Neither works.

image.png.449ddb3ee92ef8c039c57edb1fd1cd2c.png

I'm using Swag as my reverse proxy, so the config files are different.  Would it help if I posted it here?

Thanks again for your response.

I just had a breakthrough, don't know if it's luck or the actual solution, but for me,

Key: alias_group1

Value: https://my\\.nextcloud\\.domain:443

worked, finally.

Apparently the _ between alias and group1 is quite important. Don't know how others have gotten it to work, but that's what did it for me.

On 4/13/2022 at 1:34 PM, JonathanM said:

I just had a breakthrough, don't know if it's luck or the actual solution, but for me,

Key: alias_group1

Value: https://my\\.nextcloud\\.domain:443

worked, finally.

Apparently the _ between alias and group1 is quite important. Don't know how others have gotten it to work, but that's what did it for me.

Glad that worked for you.  Unfortunately it didn't work for me.

I'll keep plugging away... :) 

*UPDATE*

I got it working with a configuration I had previously tried but didn't work at the time.

I set the value for the alliasgroup1 key to https://mycloud.mydomain.org:443. This format now works for me.  Hopefully it helps others as well.

Edited by dius
2 minutes ago, blaine07 said:

Yeah I don’t see the _ anywhere defined. I’m super confused by all this lol

Neither did I, except in the logs as an error message. I was watching the collabora container logs in realtime as I attempted to edit a document, and it called out my FQDN and said it wasn't authorized in the alias_groups.

So I added 1+1 and got 3.

If that is indeed the case, and all the stuff I found online with aliasgroup1 is erroneous, I'm going to be rather upset that the internet wasted half my day. 🤣

All I know is, I made the change, and now it works, and no nastygrams in the logs about my domain not being authorized.

3 hours ago, Tolete said:

post updated. new config

Is this new config supposed to make /admin not available outside LAN? I can't find any difference between what you initially posted for "Admin" and the new admin config?

Also, on bottom of Edit Proxy Host on NPM it says: 

Please note, that any add_header or set_header directives added here will not be used by nginx. You will have to add a custom location '/' and add the header in the custom config there.

The config you have shared includes proxy set header directives? It says they wont work?

Edited by blaine07
12 hours ago, blaine07 said:

Is this new config supposed to make /admin not available outside LAN? I can't find any difference between what you initially posted for "Admin" and the new admin config?

everything is running fine for me.

-not using _ or \\.//

as for limiting the admin portal to local/lan only. no joy yet, have not gotten around it yet. Something like might work.

return 404;
    }

Edited by Tolete
  • Like 1

After an update (automatic) I can't get into my Next Cloud

The screen I am presented with has a white box with "New password" in it, and the button below says  "Reset password"

Looks like the file syncing on my PC is working, but I can't seem to message my buddy using the talk app anymore either.

I was really starting to get into NextCloud.   :(  

12 hours ago, blaine07 said:

Also, on bottom of Edit Proxy Host on NPM it says: 

Please note, that any add_header or set_header directives added here will not be used by nginx. You will have to add a custom location '/' and add the header in the custom config there.

The config you have shared includes proxy set header directives? It says they wont work?

the NPM proxy config on post/using came from NPM github you can refer to post for reference.

https://github.com/NginxProxyManager/nginx-proxy-manager/issues/70

• Like 1
19 hours ago, PoppaJohn said:

After an update (automatic) I can't get into my Next Cloud

The screen I am presented with has a white box with "New password" in it, and the button below says  "Reset password"

Looks like the file syncing on my PC is working, but I can't seem to message my buddy using the talk app anymore either.

I was really starting to get into NextCloud.   :(  

No else has this problem?

I have no idea how to troubleshoot this.  

On 1/30/2021 at 5:02 PM, skois said:

I haven't done any benchmarks, i just selected model 4 because from the comparison chart on developers github seems the best.

haven't tried to do any GPU passthrough, but i would like to, i'm gonna try maybe next week!
Right now i'm planning some down time, moving server to rack and whole network!

I was planning also to create a docker with pdlib, but once pdlib goes to stable alpine, LSIO said will include it.
Right now only if i update the docker or change something needs to reinstall ( i have done some updates to the install script, to check if it is instailled before install it)

Here is the updated script

#!/bin/bash
#FLAG="/config/firstbook.log"
FLAG="/usr/lib/php7/modules/pdlib.so"
if [ ! -f $FLAG ]; then
  apk add --no-cache --upgrade make cmake gcc g++ php7-dev libx11-dev openblas-dev re2c

rm -rf dlib pdlib
  git clone https://github.com/davisking/dlib.git
  cd dlib/dlib
  mkdir build
  cd build
  cmake -DBUILD_SHARED_LIBS=ON ..
  make
  sudo make install

cd /

git clone https://github.com/goodspb/pdlib.git
  cd pdlib
  phpize
  PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/usr/local/lib64/pkgconfig ./configure
  make
  sudo make install
  rm -rf /dlib /pdlib
#  touch $FLAG
else
  echo "Already run of 1st boot. Delete /config/firstboot.log to run again on next boot"
fi

this doesn't seem to work for me - any ideas? UI still says "The library pdlib is not available."

Hi

Sorry for the dumb question.

I followed Spaceinvader's youtube video to set up nextcloud on unraid, and it works well. I noticed that the data folder is mapped with an unraid shrare, im my case:

/data  ->  /mnt/user/Cloud/

I always assumed nextcloud keeps user data in a database, and so it is inaccessible from the file system. So it really surprised my that the user files can be accessed through the unraid share (/mnt/user/Cloud).

I mounted that share on my linux as:

mount -t cifs -o rw,username=szoemi,password='####',uid=1000,gid=100 //192.168.2.134/Cloud/szoemi/files /mnt/tmp

to the local /mnt/tmp

and I was able to read all files, and write to the directory, too.

Files I create do not show up in the Nextcloud files, tough, when looking at them in the nextcloud browser interface. I suspect I am doing somethig I am not supposed to, and maybe screwing up the nextcloud database.

But it was too tempting to be able to access the files as a samba share, instead of syncing it with a nextcloud client.

Would someone enlighten me? :)

Thanks!

Edited by szoemi
spellcheck
1 hour ago, szoemi said:

I always assumed nextcloud keeps user data in a database, and so it is inaccessible from the file system. So it really surprised my that the user files can be accessed through the unraid share (/mnt/user/Cloud).

The thing to keep in mind is that databases are great for storing data and filesystems are great for storing files. It is possible to store files directly in a database but it's efficient. It's much better for the database to hold a pointer to the file location on the filesystem and then additional metadata about the file.

1 hour ago, szoemi said:

Files I create do not show up in the Nextcloud files, tough, when looking at them in the nextcloud browser interface. I suspect I am doing somethig I am not supposed to, and maybe screwing up the nextcloud database.

So if you create a file directly on the filesystem without going through the NextCloud web or client interface then NextCloud won't know that the file has been added.

There may be a way to get NextCloud to scan over the filesystem and add missing files but I don't know how it would handle the missing metadata such as who owns the file, when it was added, etc.

If you want to be able to interact NextCloud like a traditional filesystem then install the client software and you won't need the web interface.

I have the client software setup on multiple Macs at home so that the Documents directory is actually the NextCloud filesystem. That way anything added to it, is automatically synced across all my machines and the server is backed up remotely.

• Like 1

Thank you. I've just watched Spaceinvader's video that is related to this topic. He says to use a command in

the nextcloud docker command line interface to rescan the data location:

sudo -u abc php /config/www/nextcloud/console.php file:scan --all

The reason this would be useful for me is that I don't want to sync some of the very large folders locally with nextcloud client, but would rather access them through a network share.

Not the most convenient, because of the need to manually scan. Perhaps this can be automated with crontab ...

Hello all,
I am using Unraid 6.9.2 and using Nextcloud docker (lscr.io/linuxserver/nextcloud) in conjunction with mariadb (lscr.io/linuxserver/mariadb) and nginxproxymanager (jlesage/nginx-proxy-manager).

I found that I can't upload large files and found a php-ini file in the nextcloud docker folder under php.
There I adjusted RAM and upload size:
date.timezone = Europe/Berlin
upload_max_filesize = 16G
post_max_size = 16G
memory_limit = 4G
max_input_time = 7200
max_execution_time = 7200

But every time I upload a file larger than 2GB, it runs into an error.
Either the error message "unknown error" or "error merging parts (chunks), error message 504" appears.

I have already copied all 3 docker containers from the cache to the HDD, however the problem still persists.

Do you know what else I could test?

7 hours ago, Mimika said:

Hello all,
I am using Unraid 6.9.2 and using Nextcloud docker (lscr.io/linuxserver/nextcloud) in conjunction with mariadb (lscr.io/linuxserver/mariadb) and nginxproxymanager (jlesage/nginx-proxy-manager).

I found that I can't upload large files and found a php-ini file in the nextcloud docker folder under php.
There I adjusted RAM and upload size:
date.timezone = Europe/Berlin
upload_max_filesize = 16G
post_max_size = 16G
memory_limit = 4G
max_input_time = 7200
max_execution_time = 7200

But every time I upload a file larger than 2GB, it runs into an error.
Either the error message "unknown error" or "error merging parts (chunks), error message 504" appears.

I have already copied all 3 docker containers from the cache to the HDD, however the problem still persists.

Do you know what else I could test?

Somewhere in here someone else stated that you have to modify you're proxy conf to allow larger files.